Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #31
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Microsoft Surface Ad: Apple, You Got Served

For anyone who wants to know what features the Surface will have, just watch the Keynote...

They put a ton of work into the design of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jozTK-MqEXQ
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #32
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cool advertisement. But if I bought things based on cool advertisements, and ignore realism, I would own less things, and more of it would be junk.

Linux tablets still > all (except for newbies)
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #33
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What a stupid ad, but then again it is targeting stupid people anyway.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #34
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Anyway you will be able to use this with 3g/4g? Hope they shock the world with a 300 dollar price tag
On the keynote they said the pricing would compete with high-end ultrabook pricing.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #35
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
On the keynote they said the pricing would compete with high-end ultrabook pricing.

for the microsoft surface that comes with windows 8 professional, which is coming out later

microsoft surface with windows 8 rt will be much lower
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #36
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
for the microsoft surface that comes with windows 8 professional, which is coming out later

microsoft surface with windows 8 rt will be much lower

Silly question but most users will wanna know.

What's the difference?

What can I do on a pro model that I can't on the avg one?

Should I wait for the pro model?

What will I sacrifice?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #37
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

What does that mean?

Are they not competing vs other tablets then?

Is this then considered a tablet or an ultra book?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:28 AM   #38
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Silly question but most users will wanna know.

What's the difference?

What can I do on a pro model that I can't on the avg one?

Should I wait for the pro model?

What will I sacrifice?

it was confusing to me at first as well

but windows 8 rt tablets run off ARM chips. so not x86/x64.
windows 8 rt actually comes with office preinstalled, but due to the chip in it, cant run all applications.
you will be generally limited to whats available in the microsoft store
as of right now, acer, samsung, and asus windows 8 rt tablets are between 599 and 699.
so windows surface rt will be around there or lower

windows 8 pro tablets will run off of the low powered but high end intel chips. ivy bridge i5, higher capacity solid state 64gb/128 gb, and 1080p displays.
so essentially it is an ultrabook in a tablet form factor.
so you can pretty much download and install anything. and use it like your normal computer
i imagine these will be at least 800 starting

Last edited by jaydacris : 10-16-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #39
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
it was confusing to me at first as well

but windows 8 rt tablets run off ARM chips. so not x86/x64.
windows 8 rt actually comes with office preinstalled, but due to the chip in it, cant run all applications.
as of right now, acer, samsung, and asus windows 8 rt tablets are between 599 and 699.
so windows surface rt will be around there or lower

windows 8 pro tablets will run off of the low powered but high end intel chips. ivy bridge i5, higher capacity solid state 64gb/128 gb, and 1080p displays.
so essentially it is an ultrabook in a tablet form factor.
i imagine these will be at least 800 starting

I think Windows 8 looks like a potentially revolutionary OS, I've promoted the Windows phone (I just got an app that emulates their metro UI for my iPhone), but I dunno if they'll compete with both Droid or iPad tablets.

They need to keep it simple.

Yeah, I will come off as a fanboy to some, but there's a reason why Apple keeps their models (choices) simple and why iOS is different than their OS X. They thought about the different possibilities. And while they may be wrong at times, I think they made a wise choice in creating a different OS for both systems, and making their mobile shit the same for everybody. Imagine the criticism Apple would receive if they had an iPad PRO, iPhone PRO and a non PRO one?

Dunno bout this Microsoft.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #40
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Pro would be the way to go if you get it. It'll give you a PC experience in the forum of a tablet/ultrabook. As jaydacris said, The ARM version will be limited to apps specifically designed for the tablet. If you go with the Pro version you'll be able to use apps you use on your PC right now.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #41
jaydacris
Rose

yah i agree.
there will no doubt be some consumer confusion. since for one microsoft is deciding to release their own hardware (like Apple) alongside OEMS. and as well trying to explain what differentiates windows 8 rt vs windows 8 traditional. since they do look the same. but it isnt too hard to understand once properly explained

microsoft is essentially trying to kill two birds with one stone. the RT version is meant to be like an ipad/android tablet. and the pro tablet is meant for better productivity and use it like a real version of windows. this can be potentially successful or potentially backfire. i for one am a fan of the PRO tablets. and depending on price, id prly buy one

my friend is a manager for a staples canada store, and staples has a big push for selling apple products right now and obviously to sell windows 8 when it comes out.
they literally are talking about how if windows 8 seems too overwhelming for a consumer, then it'll help them sell apple. microsoft subliminally helping apple hahah
Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #42
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
yah i agree.
there will no doubt be some consumer confusion. since for one microsoft is deciding to release their own hardware (like Apple) alongside OEMS. and as well trying to explain what differentiates windows 8 rt vs windows 8 traditional. since they do look the same. but it isnt too hard to understand once properly explained

microsoft is essentially trying to kill two birds with one stone. the RT version is meant to be like an ipad/android tablet. and the pro tablet is meant for better productivity and use it like a real version of windows. this can be potentially successful or potentially backfire. i for one am a fan of the PRO tablets. and depending on price, id prly buy one

my friend is a manager for a staples canada store, and staples has a big push for selling apple products right now and obviously to sell windows 8 when it comes out.
they literally are talking about how if windows 8 seems too overwhelming for a consumer, then it'll help them sell apple. microsoft subliminally helping apple hahah

So what happens when MS releases the Office suite for the iPad?

They will release it, they've been rumored to be working on it. Either way, there's different replacement apps. If I have an iPad, why would I or my employer wanna spend another $800 on something I can already do on my current tablet?

YOu can already sync and share documents….

I dunno I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #43
jaydacris
Rose

well microsoft will always be a software/services company first. so by offering office suite on other devices, it is more beneficial for them, then say not offering it on other devices and hoping that a consumer just buys a windows hardware based device. and microsoft's office/business division actually brings in more money than windows/windows live division. so it makes sense for them to make office as accessible as possible
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #44
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Other companies need to make the point that you can move over your songs that you formatted for Itunes, your movies, etc. My wife has a huge library of stuff on her ipad. ALL of it could move over (it's not purchased from Apple). But she doesn't want to lose anything, so for her the thought of a different company is scary. THe advertising should make clear that you can move your stuff over. We are not different, we are better. There is a perception from those not technically savvy that apple products are easy to use (tablets) and that the other companies are not.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #45
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

http://gizmodo.com/5952106/microsoft...s-8s-best-hope

Price is out. Don't know if I can justify getting this over the Nexus, Mini or IPAD 3.

Going to have to wait for the reviews.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 10-16-2012 at 10:53 AM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: