Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia ę
 
Dictator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,840
Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Gary Johnson.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
kurt_rambis
floss is boss
 
kurt_rambis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: inglewood
Posts: 921
kurt_rambis has decent reputation
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

jill stein, if by some crazy mormon miracle romney makes it close in california i'll vote for obamer

but who cares about this election, just remember to vote JAVALE MCGEE/CHIPOTLE BURRITO in 2024
kurt_rambis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan
 
Freedom Kid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tending the Fire
Posts: 1,190
Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Both are puppets to the Banks.
Essentially. I dislike both. I disagree with more of Obama's policies, but I don't like Mitt much either. If I had to pick one I'd go with Mitt.

I still wish Ron Paul was the Republican nominee.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #19
ImmortalD24
Banned
 
ImmortalD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: /watch?v=j5FhQc-LJ-o&#t=4299s
Posts: 3,166
ImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation hereImmortalD24 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Eh, Obama has already been selected for a second term. There is no way in hell he looses.. he's already looking like the "peace" candidate in contrast to Romney, and the perceived peace candidate almost always wins.

But iff I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the Mormon.

Reason 1: Chuck Schumer's comment http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bqHViA#t=34 s

Quote:
And I've said this to a couple of Romney supporters who agree, that if the sanctions fail, and military action is warranted, a re-elected President Obama is far more likely to launch that kind of military action, probably in concert with Israel than would Mitt Romney. Because Mitt Romney will be new, he'll have a whole domestic agenda.

Reason 2: The Mormon wouldn't last more than a term

2.1: especially if he starts another global war


Reason 3: Obama is the guy to beat that the establishment wants. Mitt is no different but he'll make the process a bit more difficult for them.

Last edited by ImmortalD24 : 10-15-2012 at 10:13 PM.
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
AK47DR91
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Obama because I'm in favor of Obamacare.
Other reasons: death of Bin Laden, withdrawing troops from Iraq, housing crisis and unemployment seemed to have improved (not 100%).

I'm not political so I don't know too much but those are the few good things I've noticed.

EDIT: Maybe I should cast my vote on this result: http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/158445136.jpg

Last edited by AK47DR91 : 10-15-2012 at 10:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #21
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster
 
Pushxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 3,232
Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Ron Paul
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
Rowe
Scoring Champ
 
Rowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 7,550
Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
Obama because I'm in favor of Obamacare.
Other reasons: death of Bin Laden, withdrawing troops from Iraq, housing crisis and unemployment seemed to have improved (not 100%).

I'm not political so I don't know too much but those are the few good things I've noticed.

EDIT: Maybe I should cast my vote on this result: http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/158445136.jpg

Unemployment hasn't improved, but it never will no matter the dreams the politicians will sell.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #23
DStebb716
Phil of the Future
 
DStebb716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,212
DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Unemployment hasn't improved, but it never will no matter the dreams the politicians will sell.

right on the first, terribly wrong on the second. of course it will improve. why wouldn't it? these things go down, but they also go up. obama has the stuff to help it go up.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #24
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 7,008
maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Bob Saget.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #25
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Philly
Posts: 3,989
iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

the lesser of 2 evils...

obama
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #26
nathanjizzle
OG
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,705
nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Unemployment hasn't improved, but it never will no matter the dreams the politicians will sell.

unemployment has gone down the last 3 years from just over 10percent to under 8 percent last month
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #27
AK47DR91
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
unemployment has gone down the last 3 years from just over 10percent to under 8 percent last month
Yeah, that's what I thought because there were articles about how skeptical Republicans were about the result.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #28
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,418
Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Obama. Not because I'm a huge Obama fan, but I agree with his policies moreso than I agree with Mitt's policies.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #29
KGMN
I score open layups
 
KGMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 925
KGMN has decent reputationKGMN has decent reputation
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

Obama.
KGMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #30
WesWelkerACL
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
WesWelkerACL has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: ISH, let's get political: Barack or Mitt?

lol at people saying Gary Johnson and Ron Paul. Shows a severe lack of intellect, because I seriously doubt you'd support them if you really broke down their positions. Ex: No FDA, no FAA.
WesWelkerACL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy