Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: I'm Calling It: 2014 LeBron Goes Back to Cleveland

All these people writing off Wade so early again.

Apart from that, I would ideally like to see him go back to Cleveland again, after getting two rings in Miami, and the legacy "champion" monkey off his back.

But just as LeBron stans are quick to write off Wade, they need to worry about LeBron as well.

In order for him to be just as good in two seasons, he needs to go either one route or another. The reason MJ was still dominant at 33, 34, and 35 was because he adapted his game to his limitations.

To this day LeBron still forces the issues sometimes thinking he's 22 - 25 years old again, able to move at high speeds on that huge frame, stop and start on a dime. Sometimes you can watch him having trouble coming to grips with his loss of explosion off the dribble.

LeBron either needs to drop weight, so he can continue to be a penetrating, do all super Point Forward.

Or he needs to develop a consistent jumper, specifically from mid-range, keep the weight he's been at from 2011 - ... further develop and work hard on footwork and post game, learn to play off the ball, and set picks and roll. And basically become a full time PF ala Karl Malone, the way his body and mannerisms seem to be heading.

Otherwise, I wouldn't want to see an old, slow and plodding LeBron James trying to pound the rock, and drive with defenders stuck to him like glue because he's so slow, being point guard for Cleveland ... when you have Kyrie Irving in 2014 entering his prime.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #17
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

Lebron should come to the Warriors...

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Lebron James
David Lee
Andrew Bogut
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #18
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

lebron and dwight?

talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #19
LA Lakers
High school junior varsity star

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Hes not leaving Miami. And would Gilbert take him back? I dont think hed ever be trusted or accepted back in Cleveland. Dont be surprised if Pat Riley goes after a big man. If Bosh had a Bynum, wow, lookout. Its over.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #20
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I keep seeing this pop up, and I still don't understand why people think he's just going to leave Miami because he ditched Cleveland.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #21
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
I keep seeing this pop up, and I still don't understand why people think he's just going to leave Miami because he ditched Cleveland.

LeBron has always felt like a mercenary in Miami to me. He's not a "heat" player. He just h happens to play for the heat. He'll be there while things are great, but I don't see the connection to stay there when better options exist.

And I hope I'm wrong about Wade, but I don't think it's getting better from here.

Last edited by Kurosawa0 : 10-16-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 AM   #22
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
And I hope I'm wrong about Wade, but I don't think it's getting better from here.
Neither do I ... he's a 30 year old SG without a consistent jumper, who plays for the foul now instead of the basket.

But people act like he's garbage, dude had an off year put up 24 / 5 / 5 injured, yet was still clearly the best or 2nd best SG in the league.

Oh, and went off for 40 in a critical playoff game.

People talk like he's Pete Meyers now
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #23
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
LeBron has always felt like a mercenary in Miami to me. He's not a "heat" player. He just h happens to play for the heat. He'll be there while things are great, but I don't see the connection to stay there when better options exist.

Life in Miama>Cleveland it's not really close and that's a fact all this is pure speculation. He will most likely stay in Miami but if he leaves its not to cleveland. I love shattering players way of thinking and personal life tho
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #24
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

There is still Bosh. Bosh is an all-star level player; he's not doing much now because their game is Lebron, then Wade, then setshooting, and Lebron, not Bosh, is their main high post option. They've got two years to get one more really strong young player, and that may be enough. All-stars and great roleplayers have a way of drifting to teams with great players on them... see the kind of help Kobe's always had.

Without Wade, or with Wade in a diminished role, Bosh is scoring 22-24 a night once he gets used to it.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #25
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Cleveland management suck. even if Lebron wanted so much to come back as the prodigal son, he'll only come back if management changes.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 AM   #26
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Miami already won 2 NBA Championships in the last 6 years. They are already a winning franchise. Same number of championships as the Knicks and the Rockets. It's now much easier to recruit some players from the free agent market because of the influence of Riley and LeBron.

Wade will be fine. He played fewer games than some of his contemporaries. He will bounce back next season. Miami won an NBA Championship with an injured Wade.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My days as a fan of the NBA would be numbered.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #28
Zackmorris
Where my announcement!

Zackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this board

As if the media didn't kill him before....
Zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #29
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Almost 100% certain he'll be headed to LA, either as a Laker or Clipper
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #30
derb2k2
Bandwagoner

derb2k2 is considered somewhat coolderb2k2 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

do you really believe that Lebron is a mercenary here?? I severely doubt this notion considering the friendship between Wade and he. Also, the Heat organization is one of the finest and very loyal. Riley will do everything to keep Lebron after 2014, and he probably will. It'll come down to Lebron ultimately, but the incentive to stay with the Heat is there.
derb2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: