Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #61
HeddaGambler
I airball my layups

HeddaGambler has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA No Longer Interested In European Expansion

A more feasible idea would be to let a rich European buy a team, relocate it to a city with an area with a lot of European people living there and then play a lot of games in Europe. Call it the "city name" Euros and have them play in Spain when they play the Lakers, Grizzlies, and the Timberwolves (Gasols & Rubio), in Germany when they play the Mavs, in Turkey when Kanter and Hedo`s teams visit and so on. This way you would get to keep all teams in North America while at the same time expanding the fan-base in Europe.
HeddaGambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #62
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good, I didn't want the NBA to expand into Europe anyway.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #63
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the idea was that if the NBA was going to expand into Europe, it would be by creating an entirely separate league. You would need to have 8 teams probably, and they would all just play each other, perhaps making one long trip to the States each season.

Europe already has its own thing going on though, with lots of leagues. An "NBA Europe" league, or whatever they would call it, would fail miserably.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #64
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this board

I don't see how you could interpret from Stern's words that he has "abandoned" the concept. He's saying they're not there yet.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #65
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Right...so an NBA team in Madrid is going to get the market over Real Madrid.

NBA team in Barcelona over Barca.....

NBA team in Athens over PAO and Olympiacos...

NBA team in Istanbul over Galatasaray, Fener, Besiktas......

NBA team in Tel Aviv over Maccabi........

NBA team over Partizan or Red Star in Belgrade......

etc., etc., etc...........

You are so ****ing stupid that it is downright pitiful.

I didn't say OVER shithead. You said they couldn't exist in the same market. As always you are STUPID.

Damn stereotypical Arkansas person.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: