Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Week 6 Game Thread and Discussion

Games for the week

Only Dal/Bal, NYG/Sf, and Gb/Hou really intrigue me. NE/Sea may end up being a great game with Seahawks at home.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Week 6 Game Thread and Discussion

Detroit Philly, last mistake wins! The way Dallas is playing right now Baltimore should squash them, which makes me happy. The NY / SF game comes down to two things for the Giants (and i come from my perspective because (keeping it real), SF is better AND at home.
1) Keep the running game in check somewhat.
2) Don't turn it over.
If we do those two things we have a chance because we can score quicker than they can.

NYJ/Ind is an interesting game too.

BTW, Slauson on the Jets cut Cushing and knocked him out for the season with a torn ACL. Really dirty ****ed up play.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Eaglex/Lions doesn't intrigue you? Or is that implied?

This is a pretty big game for both teams (more for the Lions, but still big for both). I think the Lions are going to come off of their bye week playing like they played last year, which would make for a great offensive game this Sunday.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

I wanna see how this hyped Niner defense holds up against perhaps the most balanced offense in the league. I hope this game is televised. Damn cable guide is showing "to be announced" for that time slot.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

I'd like to see what some people here think about the Lions so far this year. Here is my analysis, tell me if you agree/disagree.

Are the Lions a serious playoff contender this year? No.
Do the Lions have some serious problems they need to address to be a successful football team in the future? Most definitely.
Are the Lions underachieving. Yes.
Are the Lions a fraudulent football team? No.

I am still baffled that people call last years season a fluke. Sure they won some miracle comeback games (Cowboys and Vikings come to immediate mind), and sure they didn't beat many great teams, but they also didn't lose to a bad team.

On to this year. The Lions have been struggling mightily against Defenses that are keying in on Calvin. They're dropping their safeties back incredibly far, discouraging the deep ball, which was a staple of the Lions offense from last year. They haven't been able to respond to this threat because they are under utilizing Titus Young and Tony Scheffler. They could also use there rbs as options in the passing game a little more frequently if you ask me. Drops and special teams have been the turning points in two games this year, as the Lions certainly should have beaten both the Titans as well as the Vikings. If those two games aren't lost through stupidly bad special teams play, and a little more efficient offense, then the Lions are sitting pretty at 3-1. 2 close games have caused the media, and a lot of Lions fans to start bashing the franchise, and calling last years season a fluke. How many people would be complaining if the Lions were 3-1 with their only loss coming from a very formidable 49ers team? Probably very few people.

With all that said, yes the Lions are a struggling team that is in very bad shape to make the playoffs, but that does NOT mean the Lions are a bad team. I feel very encouraged that they are going to emerge out of their bye week and play their best football of 2012.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I wanna see how this hyped Niner defense holds up against perhaps the most balanced offense in the league. I hope this game is televised. Damn cable guide is showing "to be announced" for that time slot.
Thats prob one of the, if not THE sexiest matchup so odds are that most of the country sees that at the 4:25 ET slot. I just checked, the Minnesota @ Washington game is the only other game on FOX at that time slot. So like I said, it's a very sexy matchup and unless you live around Minny or Washington you will likely get that game

As for the Giants. Seems like an impossible game for them to win. 49ers prob have revenge on their minds, and Harbaugh is a good coach but hes an arrogant prick, he will likely find motivation for them to come after and kill Eli. But I cannot wait for this game. Lets go Giants!!!

Last edited by imdaman99 : 10-09-2012 at 02:11 PM.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Jets are going to unleash on the Colts D. 3 straight weeks of horrible, brutal, defense and looks like were finally going to get a break

Jets 35 Colts 7
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Jets are going to unleash on the Colts D. 3 straight weeks of horrible, brutal, defense and looks like were finally going to get a break

Jets 35 Colts 7

So Jets Special teams and defense will score 4 TDs total? gotcha
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Jets 35 Colts 7

Colts D had success against Packers but the Jets and their non existent offense are getting 35 pts? No ****ing way.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jets will unleash for 17 pts.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
So Jets Special teams and defense will score 4 TDs total? gotcha

Sans Revis too
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Cant wait to see the looks on all your faces. This jets offense is actually pretty good. Just been facing top tier defenses. I would honestly be astonished if we don't score 30
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #14
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Cant wait to see the looks on all your faces. This jets offense is actually pretty good. Just been facing top tier defenses. I would honestly be astonished if we don't score 30

Lower your expectations fellow Jets fan.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #15
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oakland plays at Atlanta so I expect a humiliating ass kicking that makes me further pine for last years coaching staff.

I think the Colts beat the Jets leading to Tebow taking over the starting job for next week.

Ravens will beat the Cowboys thanks to a key boneheaded play from the boys to win a close game.

Jamaal Charles runs for 150 plus yards, but Tampa wins a close low scoring game over the Chiefs. Chiefs fans cheer another injury on the team, but are saddened they couldn't do it on the home field.

Steelers beat up and blow out the Titans with the stadium having more Steelers fans than Titans fans at the start.

Rams will beat the Dolphins 2-0 in an ugly game that makes people in the US finally pine for the high scoring game of Euro football (soccer).

The Eagles beat Detroit 38-35. Vick has 3 fumbles negated because the Detroit defense looks to set a record for personal fouls.

Bengals over Browns. People yawn.

Patriots blow out Seattle 31-13 thanks to steady play from Brady and 2 int's from Wilson. Game will be closer than the final score.

Bills make it look like Kolb has the spirit of Kurt Warner as the Cards win 48-17. Fan comes out of the stands and runs for 100 plus yards against Bills defense. Bills fire entire defense at the end of the game and make calls to the 1985 retired Bears defensive players.

Vikings continue their winning ways and win a workman like game against the Skins 24-13.

Giants realize it is too early in the season to play consistent football and lose to the 49ers 27-20.

Packers lose to Houston 31-24 as Houston runs for 200 plus yards and convert key turnovers into scores.

Denver vs San Diego. Key battle in the quest not to win the west. Denver wins a shootout 38-34. Rest of the AFC begins to grumble again at the possibility of someone winning the division with an 8-8 record.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: