Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #61
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Bulls taking a play out of the 1997 Spurs playbook.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 AM   #62
spiegel
Local High School Star

spiegel has no real reputation yet.

It'll be ineresting to see where Boozer ends up.
spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #63
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Offensively yes. Defensively, he's elite at the of position. Its more so how much he's paid, and how garbage boozer is. Once taj gets a big pay day, bulls fans will start complaining about taj. Its just like with asik. Since he wasnt on a big contract, bulls fans let his horrible offense slide. If we matched that horrible offer from Houston, you better believe asik would get picked apart game by game, for his offensive woes.

Gibson is a good bench player. He doesn't deserve a big pay day. Maybe a raise, but nothing extreme. I think he's over rated on defense too. Like I said I've seen him get destroyed by the better PF's in the league.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #64
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

boozer on the bobcats or cavs
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #65
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti
They should had done this before, and resigned Asik. Noah + Asik + Gibson = best defensive and rebounding frontcourt on the league.

Asik was overpaid by Houston. If it was reasonable though I would have loved to amnesty Boozer and re-sign Asik. I'm gonna miss the Turkish Hammer.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #66
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Bulls taking a play out of the 1997 Spurs playbook.

How? Is there going to be a PF as good as Tim Duncan available in the draft next season?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #67
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Gibson is a good bench player. He doesn't deserve a big pay day. Maybe a raise, but nothing extreme. I think he's over rated on defense too. Like I said I've seen him get destroyed by the better PF's in the league.

I wouldn't say over rated, but I understand where your coming from. He got lit up by Bosh in the 2011 ECF. Yes, I also think he is over rated, but I'm a BUlls homer, so if I said that on some of those Bulls message boards, I'd get crucified.

Realistically, he's a 6-7 mil a year type player. Market value, about 8-11 million. Teams WILL over pay for him, so it's best the Bulls get this done before the season starts. Otherwise, we'll have another Asik situation on our hands. If you don't resign him before the season starts. You MUST trade him before the dead line, before another team scoops him up, and we're left with nothing, AGAIN!

Last edited by tikay0 : 10-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #68
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Why do Bulls fans cry about Asik? What makes people think that he wanted to stay a backup the rest of his life? He's clearly capable of being an elite anchor in the league. Guys like that are worth the money he's getting paid.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #69
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Common sense pays, rein$dorf.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #70
scm5
Good college starter

scm5 has decent reputation

Wait, players can still be amnestied?

I thought the deadline passed for some reason.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #71
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
Wait, players can still be amnestied?

I thought the deadline passed for some reason.
next summer.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #72
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Why do Bulls fans cry about Asik? What makes people think that he wanted to stay a backup the rest of his life? He's clearly capable of being an elite anchor in the league. Guys like that are worth the money he's getting paid.

Elite anchor?

Put the pipe down man.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #73
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

People are starting to act like Asik is better than Noah or something....
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #74
LT Ice Cream
Warriors Til I Die

LT Ice Cream has decent reputationLT Ice Cream has decent reputation

Yeah he's overpaid and underperforming, but the Bulls are gonna be such a sorry-ass scoring team without Rose or Boozer. What's their plan?
LT Ice Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #75
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
People are starting to act like Asik is better than Noah or something....
Noah isn't anything special, either. He got overpaid, too. Meanwhile we gave a superior version of him away for free.99 (Tyson Chandler)
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: