Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people
Default Small towns or Big cities?

Which do you prefer ? I've only lived in Florida and The Big Apple. I will say this NYC has something for everybody and many diverse cultures. I never really liked Florida. The weather and the weed was better tho. It's a nice place to live if you're retired or have a lot of money but not if you're young and want to establish yourself.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Small towns or Big cities?

Grew up in Midland, TX (around 100,000 people). Now I'm going to school in Arlington which is a Dallas/Ft Worth mid city. The biggest difference to me is the people. Everyone where I'm from seemed down to earth and were for the most part, friendly. Here its really nothing like that. I guarantee if I were to conduct a survey to see how many people I got a smile in return from, the percentage would be much lower here. Being young I'd rather be in this area, but when I'm a bit older and ready to start a family I'd rather live in Midland, 10 fold.
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

My hometown of Manteca, CA (near Stockton) is something near 60-70K people (was less growing up) and I spent about 3-4 years in San Diego for school. I loved the big city, but I don't think SD is like a conventional big city like an LA type of place. I'd prefer to live in the bigger area, but generally favor people from my hometown more. Maybe its just because I grew up with them.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Big cities, more options
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

grew up in both when i was younger i loved the city but as i get older i like the peace and quiet of a small town, still love my hometown philly though i just like visiting it more than staying there now.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Small town equipped with big city culture.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any city in the first world with more than 300,000 or 400,000 inhabitants have enough leisure facilities, cultural and sporting activities to meet the needs of its citizens.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Grew up in a town with 55-65k people. Love it here, I can be outside cruising the town for a couple of hours and always see somebody I know in the streets. But during the weekends if there are no parties around here I would much rather prefer going to SF which is a 45 min drive.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think I definitely prefer small cities at the moment. My family moved away from Detroit when I was in elementary school and I spent a lot of years plotting my ultimate return to the area. However, as I grew older (into my 20's) I began to appreciate a more laid back culture. Now I have a friends and family in the metro Detroit area and I'm cool with visiting, but that's about it. Things are just a little too busy for me there. Traffic sucks, nature is limited, and everything seems amped up a notch.

All that said, I like having access to city life. Ann Arbor's just about perfect in that regard. My family lives on the outskirts of the city, amongst the nature and trees and whatnot but if we ever want to hit up the town, we're five miles away.

The one thing I wish small towns had more of is people my own age. That's the drawback there. Small towns usually have a lot of families and whatnot but not single folks in their 20's running about. I think that's also why I tend to like small towns that have a college of some sort in its area. Younger folks are more likely to stick around, even post-grad, in those spots.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Suburbs in a big city ftw
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Born and raised in the San Fernando Valley. Moved to Tucson (Big Town/Small City) and thinking of moving to Bisbee/Tombstone, real small towns.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Probably big cities, small towns are boring and while they are more polite/friendly, they also gossip/talk trash more since they know everything and everyone in the town and because they are bored.

Two-way street.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

the bigger the better
no homo
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

More upside in a big city.

Small towns have little to no economical growth and people gossip more.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love visiting the big cities but I'm always glad to get home. I like Charlotte because it has a small town feel but is big enough to have major league sports, cultural amenities, big airport, etc.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: