Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board
Default Interesting Rondo article.

Highlights/Quotes:

Bradley:
Quote:
Yet his younger counterparts claim Rondo has been the glue to the locker room for years. Avery Bradley said it was Rondo, not the seasoned veterans, who checked on him regularly during his rookie season to make sure he was eating right, had the transportation he needed or had someone to talk to when he was feeling lonely or overwhelmed.

Bradley was devastated when he sent to the NBA Developmental League in January 2011. "I felt like it was a punishment almost," he said.

It was Rondo who stopped by Bradley's apartment and stressed the move was a chance for him to play and improve, and Rondo who made arrangements to watch Bradley play in Maine before a last-minute change to a Celtics practice scuttled the plans.

"But it showed how much he cared about me," Bradley said. "How much he cares about everybody."
Dooling:
Quote:
"He is the most underappreciated leader in this league," Dooling declared. "Do you know how many times we were at the Rondo family home [last season]? We were there all the time, bonding, building team chemistry.

"Honestly, our veterans didn't do a very good job of supporting him in his [leadership] role."

Quote:
"I love Ray. I love his family. He's a true pro. But it's unfair how this all came out. Ray had such a good relationship with all the reporters and Rondo was so quiet. So who gets all the good press?

"Sometimes it felt like Ray spent more time talking to the media than he did to his teammates.''

Wilcox & Daniels
Quote:
In the midst of a shortened NBA season that ended with a crushing Game 7 loss to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals, a curious quintet of Rondo, Kevin Garnett, Dooling, Chris Wilcox and Marquis Daniels developed such a close bond that Rondo requested the five players have their rooms situated close to one another in the team hotel.

"That was the crew," Rondo said. "We had a lot of the same hobbies. Cars, movies, shopping. And, besides Keyon, we're all pretty private."

Rondo organized the dinners, the movies, the trips to the clubs. When there was a delay in shipping Daniels' car to Boston, Rondo handed him the keys to his 2010 Challenger.

The five players settled into a rotating dinner pattern: quesadillas at the Rondos one night, steaks at the Doolings the next. Their wives commiserated and their kids played together.

Wilcox, or "Wheezy,'' as the players call him, debated his vintage Cadillac Coupe de Ville against Rondo's sparkling new Range Rover. Rondo talked politics with KG, fashion with Dooling, video games with Daniels.

"We got so close," Wilcox said. "It was the best team I'd ever been on."

It was a challenging year for all five of them, particularly Wilcox, who underwent heart surgery that ended his season.

"I've got the TV on while they are playing Miami and it really hurt me," Wilcox admitted. "I had never been in the playoffs before, so sitting home and watching them was hard."

In the middle of that heated series, Wilcox got an afternoon phone call from Rondo.

"Just checking in on you, big fella," he said.

Daniels, who fell out of Boston's rotation, said Rondo was the one who implored him to stay sharp, to stay ready.

"He's such an incredible teammate," Daniels said. "And he gets such a bad rap."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...celtics-leader
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:24 AM   #2
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Interesting Rondo article.

Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

well shiiiettt. Seems like ray was at fault here
dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Rondo One of my favorite players for sure.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nice article
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
"We had a lot of the same hobbies. Cars, movies, shopping."
a guy has shopping as his hobby? would've thought only girls liked shopping.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA

When you can buy whatever the hell you want (shoes,cars,expensive prostitutes) i'd like to go shopping too
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And the enigma that is Rondo continues to grow.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
millwad
Banned

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

Allen seems pretty fake while Rondo seem like the good guy.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

I liked the quotes. It's not too surprising that Allen is more of a douchebag than Rondo. The one thing I've always loved about Rondo is his loyalty and fire. He has that old school mentality unlike most players in the league.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

d'awww
I gotta admit. Reading that changed my perspective on Rondo. I like him a lot more now
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Nice article. I loved Rondo already but this gives me a lot more of respect for him.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
Personally i'm not rich, and I work more than 15 hours a week, but I love shopping. Food, clothes, shoes, went car shopping once which was pretty fun too. I can't imagine how much fun it would be to go shopping if you were a god damned millionaire who could buy whatever the hell you wanted to.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #14
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Props to Rondo.

Seems like the guy with the problems is Ray Allen. He was probably real jelly that a younger player is being a better leader than he ever was. You have to remember Ray Allen was a failed lead dog and it's hard to accept that a guy he dislikes, is doing a better job than he did.

Even KG, said he doesn't call Ray anymore since he left. Obviously something is wrong with Allen.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: