Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #16
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gucci Mane is the most under appreciated rapper of this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
These young cats love to see ignorant ass black men on the Mic.....as soon as someone spits with a modicum of intelligence they're boring or preachy. I get that in some instances all you want to do is party and listen to a good beat and a catchy hook but Gucci is trash. He's not even better than Young Jeezy. Freddie Gibbs>Gucci....dude is retarded and has a mumble mouth.

It only becomes boring and preachy when rappers focus more on what they're rapping about than the fact that they are making a song. The quality of music has nothing to do with the "message" (whether it be ignorant or "conscious"). It's about the song itself as a work of music.

And I tried to reply to your PM from a while back but your messages were full.

Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad : 10-18-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #17
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
It only becomes boring and preachy when rappers focus more on what they're rapping about than the fact that they are making a song. The quality of music has nothing to do with the "message" (whether it be ignorant or "conscious"). It's about the song itself as a work of music.

Why do you listen to rap if you don't care about the message?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Why do you listen to rap if you don't care about the message?

Because I like rap music. There's nothing intricate or special about my reasoning. The message is only one aspect of rapping. And rapping is one aspect of rap music. The message means nothing if it's not conveyed well in this field. It's not like an essay where the subject matter is what composes the entirety of the work.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

best rapper of the 21st century. actual rap fans know this though. it's only the nostalgic 35 year old men and backpackers who will dispute this
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #20
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Listen to Trap God, or I'm up, Or trap Back!!!
People say he can't rap, but don't believe that!! His trap rhymes are just over most of your heads..

Yeah…. that's it.

He's underrated because his rhymes are too much for us to understand.

It has nothing to do with his horrible flow, delivery and elementary lyrics… not at all.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #21
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know about most but I believe people not liking his style makes them miss the point and the subject matter.

His style is unique and most unique things are love em or hate em.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
I don't know about most but I believe people not liking his style makes them miss the point and the subject matter.

His style is unique and most unique things are love em or hate em.

His style isn't unique.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #23
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
His style isn't unique.
By style I mean not only delivery or structure, I'm covering the whole package as an individual. "Swag" or his persona.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #24
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
What are you talking about? Cause I like Gucci I only like ignorant music? I like other preachy rappers also. Guccis just the truth at rapping about the trap.
Nobody in the trap has Lambos and is icy at all. See if you said you feel Gucci and you like his brand of humor and style then I wouldn't have blinked an eye but calling him the most underrated anything is straight up bullshitting me.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Rapping wise Boogeyman is probably the best song Gucci ever made and it would be the worst song on Jeezys first album. Gucci isnt even special as a dope boy rapper.

Hes a mile short of Pusha. Hell hes worse than Ja Rules old sidekick who ended up in the Reup Gang. Hes no C murda.

I dont know how anyone compares him to Gibbs. Gibbs can rap.
Seriously boogeyman is his best?? Lol

First song back, trap talk, 24 hours, Kansas, boy from the black. Beat it up, Atlanta zoo. etc. this man has classics everywhere.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #26
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
By style I mean not only delivery or structure, I'm covering the whole package as an individual. "Swag" or his persona.
I can dig this.....people from zone 6 and the surrounding areas are bound to like him and relate at least on a small level.....but the OP says Gucci Mane lyrics go ver people's heads? ****outtahere
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #27
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:

I really don't give a fuhck about that.

He sucks, plain and simple.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

My point is people love to see black men acting stupid. As soon as a rapper asks intelligent questions and makes positive music he gets attacked and his sales suffer. So sell more alcohol, shoot more ****boys, cook more crack, slang more dope, and spit more useless bars that don't mean shit under the guise of creativity.....I hate rappers.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #29
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Quote:
I can dig this.....people from zone 6 and the surrounding areas are bound to like him and relate at least on a small level.....but the OP says Gucci Mane lyrics go ver people's heads? ****outtahere
Nah, I'm not with that. His lyrics are elementery compare to guys like TI for example. I like the husltinghardcookingharderweaboutgettingthatmoney style.

Don't get me wrong, Gucci can be clever but his not rapping riddles like some guys do.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #30
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Quote:
My point is people love to see black men acting stupid. As soon as a rapper asks intelligent questions and makes positive music he gets attacked and his sales suffer. So sell more alcohol, shoot more ****boys, cook more crack, slang more dope, and spit more useless bars that don't mean shit under the guise of creativity.....I hate rappers.
That's the market right now. The rap landscape is about drugs, violence and explotation of women because we as consumers like it. I personally don't support killing someone but I take the music as art not real life.

The reason the aggressive violent stuff is what I listen to is because of the unflappable confidence and ambition. Jeezy, Gucci, Biggie and early Jay Z all have grit and drive. It's raw.

The popularity of this music has a negative effect on uninformed non-black observers giving the impression that the black guy ringing you up at Wal Mart might have more glass pots then Wal Mart does back at home.

I completely understand your agrument about prolonging the missdistribution of information about how other races really are just the same. Human beings with lives and ambitions no different from skin color to skin color.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: