Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #31
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gucci Mane is the most under appreciated rapper of this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
That's the market right now. The rap landscape is about drugs, violence and explotation of women because we as consumers like it. I personally don't support killing someone but I take the music as art not real life.

The reason the aggressive violent stuff is what I listen to is because of the unflappable confidence and ambition. Jeezy, Gucci, Biggie and early Jay Z all have grit and drive. It's raw.

The popularity of this music has a negative effect on uninformed non-black observers giving the impression that the black guy ringing you up at Wal Mart might have more glass pots then Wal Mart does back at home.

I completely understand your agrument about prolonging the missdistribution of information about how other races really are just the same. Human beings with lives and ambitions no different from skin color to skin color.

Yet non of my white friends get harassed by gang unit for wearing red or blue like me. I know how the worl should be but this is the way it is. Kids of other races can go through a "goon faze" like Andy Reid's kids but the ghetto is my foundation, I can't shake it. Negative stereotyoes cause me and mine hardships. We have to stunt all this ignorance and promote more realistic images, positive ones that can produce positive outcomes for our kids.

I'm tired of ****** shooting up shit and selling drugs and bragging. It's way past old. But when you grew up seeing drug addicts, gangbanging, and the people you love are really getting killed in this life it means more to you that just entertainment.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #32
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Yet non of my white friends get harassed by gang unit for wearing red or blue like me. I know how the worl should be but this is the way it is. Kids of other races can go through a "goon faze" like Andy Reid's kids but the ghetto is my foundation, I can't shake it. Negative stereotyoes cause me and mine hardships. We have to stunt all this ignorance and promote more realistic images, positive ones that can produce positive outcomes for our kids.

I'm tired of ****** shooting up shit and selling drugs and bragging. It's way past old. But when you grew up seeing drug addicts, gangbanging, and the people you love are really getting killed in this life it means more to you that just entertainment.
I didn't grow up in the same environment as you and that affects my opinion on that type of music. Since I don't see shootings and bystander deaths on a regular basis it's easier for me to see it as purely storytelling and role playing.

There is nothing glorified about killing a child with a stray or a house full of kids with nothing to eat because crack is first on the list.

I understand your position as much as I can as a person not in your position.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Because I like rap music. There's nothing intricate or special about my reasoning. The message is only one aspect of rapping. And rapping is one aspect of rap music. The message means nothing if it's not conveyed well in this field. It's not like an essay where the subject matter is what composes the entirety of the work.
Nothing here contradicts what I said. Do you care about a song having a message or not? Sounds like you do. The message factors into the quality of the song.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #34
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Waka is a lot better.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
best rapper of the 21st century. actual rap fans know this though. it's only the nostalgic 35 year old men and backpackers who will dispute this

these kind of statements really reminds me how truly retarded you are.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #36
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Nothing here contradicts what I said. Do you care about a song having a message or not? Sounds like you do. The message factors into the quality of the song.

No I don't. If it does, cool. If it doesn't that's cool too. I'm saying the quality of a song shouldn't be judged solely on what the song is talking about. That's like 1/5 of what actually goes into the song.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
No I don't. If it does, cool. If it doesn't that's cool too. I'm saying the quality of a song shouldn't be judged solely on what the song is talking about. That's like 1/5 of what actually goes into the song.

I have to disagree 1/5. Lyrics are huge.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Prime T.I. is the GOAT trap rapper.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #39
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter

Gonna rep you in twenty-four hours.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #40
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
I have to disagree 1/5. Lyrics are huge.

do you really not understand the difference between a message and lyrics? most of the greatest rap verses ever have no meaningful message at all and that's how it has always been. it's only in the last 10 years or so where people like the ones on this forum have decided that any ignorant or purposeless rap is automatically shit.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #41
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i really don't understand why people who have no interest in rap are in threads discussing rap. andgar couldn't name 5 rap songs that came out this year, why is he in here debating? i haven't seen any breaking bad which is why i don't post in the threads about breaking bad. we need to apply that same logic to all topics.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #42
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Frankly to me, this is the epitome of what I call the 'fast food generation'

Our music is packaged to sell. Look at all genres of music. This isnt just rap.

Look at the movies Hollywood has been throwing out there. You think they push remakes on us like they do because we love them? No....they're cash grabs. They bank of simplicity.

Our arts suffer all around the board.

This artist ( I remember him when he first came out ) is a joke. His music is a joke. There is no "deeper" shit going on that we cant wrap our heads around.

And for the record....is some kid here, REALLY gonna tell me, at 31 years of age, that I dont "understand" wtf the message is? Look little kiddies....You havent earned ENOUGH play time on this planet to tell a grown ass person the lyrics are "going over his head"

Its garbage. Music is WEAK right now.

The irony is, most of them will argue record sales....which happens to be the very reason these execs purposely simplify this shit to push it out there by the bundles.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #43
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

al tears>>>>>>>> real rap discussions
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #44
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Frankly to me, this is the epitome of what I call the 'fast food generation'

Our music is packaged to sell. Look at all genres of music. This isnt just rap.

Look at the movies Hollywood has been throwing out there. You think they push remakes on us like they do because we love them? No....they're cash grabs. They bank of simplicity.

Our arts suffer all around the board.

This artist ( I remember him when he first came out ) is a joke. His music is a joke. There is no "deeper" shit going on that we cant wrap our heads around.

And for the record....is some kid here, REALLY gonna tell me, at 31 years of age, that I dont "understand" wtf the message is? Look little kiddies....You havent earned ENOUGH play time on this planet to tell a grown ass person the lyrics are "going over his head"

Its garbage. Music is WEAK right now.

The irony is, most of them will argue record sales....which happens to be the very reason these execs purposely simplify this shit to push it out there by the bundles.

Why does music have to be "deep" to be good?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #45
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Why does music have to be "deep" to be good?

It doesnt always have to be deep. But it sure as HELL shouldnt be THIS bad. Gucci Mane....my friends and I used to CLOWN the shit outta him when we first saw him.

Never in my wildest dreams would I think the man would have EVER made it.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: