Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: stuart scott is an awkward dude

The stuart scott and Lebron handshake was the most awkward thing i've ever seen

NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Fudge
Momma I luv you

Fudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputation

That Mike Miller one.
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

That joke about Michael Jordan was by far the worst. @ JVG's blank face

The handshakes were decent recoveries that didn't come off too awkward.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Noof
Local High School Star

Noof is considered somewhat coolNoof is considered somewhat cool

The Jordan one haha.
Noof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't have access to sound right now but just from the handshake clips and visual cues of the bad joke clips, I found these videos as cool as the other side of the pillow.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Stuart Scott: "If you were to do a Broadway show on Mark Sanchez as a Jet QB this year, what kind of play would it be?"
Steve Young: "What?"
Scott: "I'm going there man, he's a Broadway guy."
Young: "Bring Arian Foster back. He can answer that one."

that was on sportscenter the other day.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
WesWelkerACL
Kids at the park dunk on me

WesWelkerACL has no real reputation yet.

I remember a really awkward interview with a crying family member at the NBA draft several years ago. He's a jackass.
WesWelkerACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

I've never understood how he's been able to stay on ESPN for as long as he has. In my opinion, he's one of the worst sporting news reporters ever and should feel very lucky to be in the position he's in.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #10
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

i think some of it is intended and unintended humor. hes not there to be smart. he just there to provide entertainment factor.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic09
I've never understood how he's been able to stay on ESPN for as long as he has. In my opinion, he's one of the worst sporting news reporters ever and should feel very lucky to be in the position he's in.
I think Scott's probably a fundamentally solid broadcaster. I also think he might be a victim of his broadcasting era. There was a time back in the mid- to late-90's when sports highlights were becoming just as much about catch phrases as they were about the clips themselves, hence the boo-ya's, cool sides of pillows, and bunnies with badooka dunks.

His personality may seem a little different (or fake), but he delivers the news, updates, stories, and commentary without his company having to fear he won't be able to pull it off. Basically, his style might rub folks the wrong way, but he knows what he's doing.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #12
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesWelkerACL
I remember a really awkward interview with a crying family member at the NBA draft several years ago. He's a jackass.

Was it Carmelo's mom in 2003?

Carmelo's mom was speechless and Scott just kept on insisting on continuing the interview for another 30 seconds (most silent 30 seconds ever)
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: