Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-03-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Can someone explain what this means?

http://gopayment.com/pricing.html

On that site High-Volume Plan
what do the powers mean for the fees??

trying to see how much it would cost per transaction but I'm confused...
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation
Default Re: Can someone explain what this means?

The keyed and swipe rates are cheaper when you're a high volume user. The transaction fees are higher though. So you'll have to find out what the break even point is for the keyed/swipe rates compared to the transaction fees.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
The keyed and swipe rates are cheaper when you're a high volume user. The transaction fees are higher though. So you'll have to find out what the break even point is for the keyed/swipe rates compared to the transaction fees.
I'll be high volume, but what is the .30^4 mean??? is it .0081 per transaction?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #4
Chapallaz
Banned

No the superscript 4 indicates that you have to scroll down and read this:

Quote:
4. A Per-Authorization fee of $0.37 will be charged for non-qualified transactions. Different discount rates for American Express and JCB may apply.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
No the superscript 4 indicates that you have to scroll down and read this:
haha. sorry it's 4 am and haven't slept yet...

i was like what the **** is going on here why wouldn't they just give me a normal percent...
Old 03-03-2011, 03:57 AM   #6
Chapallaz
Banned

Still I don't believe this will be a success. What WILL happen is that 'swipe' system where you'll have a unique pin connected to your (i)phone, which you will just have to bring to close distance of such a reader instead of having to swipe your card through a third device attached to any phone.

By the time this caches on (if at all), we'll be at the next stage already.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Still I don't believe this will be a success. What WILL happen is that 'swipe' system where you'll have a unique pin connected to your (i)phone, which you will just have to bring to close distance of such a reader instead of having to swipe your card through a third device attached to any phone.

By the time this caches on (if at all), we'll be at the next stage already.
disagree. they will have the ability to adapt to this very easily... plus we already have the accounts set up... since they are giving this a way... It's VERY easy for small biz to get this and have a card reader....

I'm writing a business plan for college for a small business class and this fits in perfectly...

I'm thinking of actually starting the business I'm writing the plan for and this would be something i would def. use.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
Chapallaz
Banned

As someone who's pretty experienced with alternative payment methods I've asked my coworker who's sitting next to me, and who's basically the payment guru here, about this service and payment method, and he agreed with me. Not too impressed.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:16 AM   #9
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
As someone who's pretty experienced with alternative payment methods I've asked my coworker who's sitting next to me, and who's basically the payment guru here, about this service and payment method, and he agreed with me. Not too impressed.
lol ok... honestly don't know much about it... Obviously I just thought it was very cool as your average joe
Old 03-03-2011, 04:44 AM   #10
Chapallaz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
lol ok... honestly don't know much about it... Obviously I just thought it was very cool as your average joe

It is. For now. But as a business I would definitely not invest any money in this. If/when you have finished the business plan and received it back from college, could you post it here? I'd be quite interested to read it!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
Chapallaz
Banned

Did you finish the thesis?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: