Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: Ryan talking about playing Tebow at RB now

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Yes, Tebow may play running back and in preseason he was anchoring the super secret wildcat and in previous weeks we discussed Cromartie is going to play receiver and McKnight corner back. All of this is stupid and idle chatter. Tebow is not a running back. If the Giants were thin at running back we wouldn't be running a defensive guy out there, we'd go get one off the practice squad. Or go sign one. Because it's what normal teams do who don't want a byline.

This is all just chatter, it's meaningless for the game. Tebow's not going to be playing RB - maybe more wildcat but that's it. It's just Rex feeling the need to make proclamations.

Note: I by no means think Rex is a bad coach (he's a good coach) nor do i count the Jets out of this game (why not?), but when he makes his weekly LOOK AT ME statement, why do people listen?

I'm pretty sure they did get a RB off the practice squad. His name is Jonathan Grimes.

I agree Tebow probably won't be playing RB. But a reporter asked him about it, so Rex just said it is a possibility. He was pretty vague about it. I don't really see it as a proclamation.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I agree Tebow probably won't be playing RB. But a reporter asked him about it, so Rex just said it is a possibility. He was pretty vague about it. I don't really see it as a proclamation.

It wasn't. But people who still believe ESPN is a source of valid information as opposed to the ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT of sports gobbled it right up.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
It wasn't. But people who still believe ESPN is a source of valid information as opposed to the ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT of sports gobbled it right up.
Ryan said it in his weekly talk to the jets beat reporters. He's also brought it up before. This is not espn making stories, this is Rex seeking attention.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: