Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #226
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Week 7 Game Thread and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Oh my god that was such a bad throw by Sanchez.
That seriously might be the worst throw I've seen all season. You don't see throws that bad with our local high school teams.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #227
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Sanchez . had Hill wideeeeeee open and under throws it badly to get a INT
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #228
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Sanchez is such a ****ing bum Had Hill wide open in the end zone.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #229
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I get that he hasn't watched the Browns and I don't blame him for it. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't be paying much attention to what is happening with this team either.

That is pretty much the whole reason I'm partaking in this conversation. Obviously, Josh doesn't know a ton about the Browns, so I'll explain our situation to him.

Trust me, if this conversation were taking place 2-3 years ago, there would be a much more negative tone to my commentary on the Browns. This team really does seem to be heading in a good direction and that does not show up in a 1-6 record.
I get it I've seen 3 games so far not counting todays but I used NFL Rewind and he looked good and he seems like a guy you can build a franchise around (although he's 29 the age where QB usually start playing at their best IMO) so the browns gotta build quick around him. Either way he's looked good with the talent he has around him. So how did he look today?
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #230
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jags are balling today

But the Raiders seriously suck so much.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #231
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Sanchez is such a ****ing bum Had Hill wide open in the end zone.
I know dear god
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #232
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why didn't Brady make that throw?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #233
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
I get it I've seen 3 games so far not counting todays but I used NFL Rewind and he looked good and he seems like a guy you can build a franchise around (although he's 29 the age where QB usually start playing at their best IMO) so the browns gotta build quick around him. Either way he's looked good with the talent he has around him. So how did he look today?
Looked really good. Again, his numbers really should have been in the neighborhood of 350 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, but Josh Gordon lost a deep ball in the sun due to some ridiculous reflection in that dome.

Even with that brutal, brutal drop that likely would have won the game for us, he played very well throughout. Gordon had another sick touchdown catch, as did Ben Watson.

Trent Richardson left the game for good in the first quarter, so it isn't like his success is only due to having a beastly running back.

I hated the Weeden pick, but if he continues improving like he has, even I will have to eventually admit it was a wise move. Yeah, it sucks that he is 29, but he doesn't have much wear and tear on his body and this franchise needed solid QB play... Even if it is just for 4-5 years.

Very impressive and, like I said, Josh Gordon could prove to be a bargain and I didn't like giving up a 2nd round pick for him either. I thought a 3rd-rounder was appropriate in the supplemental draft. After watching this kid the last four weeks? I honestly believe he is the best rookie WR in this class.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #234
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Jets defense has actually done a pretty good job. If Mark Sanchez wasn't doing his best Mark Sanchez impression, it might be a 14-14 or 14-10 type game right now.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #235
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oakland and Jacksonville...these might be the actual two worst teams in the league. A Sunday featuring only two 3:30 games, and one of them is this crapfest?

And the Raiders really suck. Wow.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #236
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Oakland and Jacksonville...these might be the actual two worst teams in the league. A Sunday featuring only two 3:30 games, and one of them is this crapfest?

It is pretty sad that a great player like McFadden is relegated to playing in that offense. It is really hard to watch.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #237
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

Both are crapfests.

I hate the big bye weeks where there's no 2:30 games. Usually both of them always end up being boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Jags are balling today

But the Raiders seriously suck so much.

I don't know if it's the Jags balling or the Raiders are just a terrible team.

This new and supposed non-crappy regime in Oakland has been a total trainwreck so far. Dennis Allen makes Hue Jackson look like Bill Belicheck.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #238
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Jets D has been great. They would be winning if Sanchez wasn't playing like a scrub (as usual).
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #239
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It is pretty sad that a great player like McFadden is relegated to playing in that offense. It is really hard to watch.

Yeah, he's actually on the verge of making it at least halfway through the season healthy, and now he's in maybe the worst situation of his career. Oakland no longer has a reliably good second back to take some of the pressure off McFadden and, other than the Cardinals, their offensive line may be the worst in the NFL.

I think they might be trying to kill him, too. I think they said he's getting something like 82% of the Raiders carries this year, easily the highest rate in the NFL. Which, you know, makes perfect sense. You've actually got one of the most talented backs in the NFL, so why not have him get beat into the ground every week running behind a horrible O-line?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #240
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Everyone knows I don't believe in Tebow but if you are ever going to try him out, why not now?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: