Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #241
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: Week 7 Game Thread and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Jets D has been great. They would be winning if Sanchez wasn't playing like a scrub (as usual).
What will it take for the jets to draft a QB
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #242
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, he's actually on the verge of making it at least halfway through the season healthy, and now he's in maybe the worst situation of his career. Oakland no longer has a reliably good second back to take some of the pressure off McFadden and, other than the Cardinals, their offensive line may be the worst in the NFL.

I think they might be trying to kill him, too. I think they said he's getting something like 82% of the Raiders carries this year, easily the highest rate in the NFL. Which, you know, makes perfect sense. You've actually got one of the most talented backs in the NFL, so why not have him get beat into the ground every week running behind a horrible O-line?
Yeah, I heard that statistic. Their line is just too awful. I'd like to see them move McFadden around a little bit more. Be creative, because he is a very good receiving back. If they ran less dives into that awful line and got him out on routes in space where he can use his speed, maybe something good would come of it?

I don't know... But they really need to address that line in the draft.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #243
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
What will it take for the jets to draft a QB
Ryan's regime is completely tied to Sanchez. They didn't just draft him with a Top 10 pick, they traded way up to get him there. Those guys are going down together.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #244
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NFL weeks can be boring when your team isn't playing.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #245
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Ryan's regime is completely tied to Sanchez. They didn't just draft him with a Top 10 pick, they traded way up to get him there. Those guys are going down together.

I'd much rather keep Rex and give Sanchez the boot.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #246
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Justice will be served then. They are bad for the NFL and bad for America Also what's the cap situation for browns in the upcoming Free Agency? Will they be able to make any splashes?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #247
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
It is pretty sad that a great player like McFadden is relegated to playing in that offense. It is really hard to watch.

McFadden deserves a lot of blame as well. He's a horrible fit for the ZBS and his chicken legs don't help either. He has zero vision in this system. Why they switched from a power scheme to a zone scheme is beyond me.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #248
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Justice will be served then. They are bad for the NFL and bad for America Also what's the cap situation for browns in the upcoming Free Agency? Will they be able to make any splashes?
We're about $20 million under the cap this year. Projections seem to be that we will be around $40 million under the cap next year. Now, that doesn't include unrestricted/restricted free agents that will get new deals between now and then. Obviously the first order of business when putting together a quality team is to retain your best assets, then look elsewhere.

I think our best FAs coming off the books next year are Josh Cribbs, Mohamed Massaquoi, Craig Robertson (restricted), Emmanuel Stephens (restricted), Ben Watson, Kaluka Maiava and Sheldon Brown.

To me, the guys who would be first priority in re-signing are Robertson, Stephens and Cribbs. I like MoMass a lot, but he is injured too much. The guy can't stay healthy.

Long story short, even after retaining the free agents that we need to keep, we should be well under the cap and have a ton of room to maneuver.

And, new owner Jimmy Haslam may want to make a big splash in his first offseason. Maybe a Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe to compliment what Josh Gordon is becoming. Pretty sure both those guys are UFAs after this year.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #249
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
McFadden deserves a lot of blame as well. He's a horrible fit for the ZBS and his chicken legs don't help either. He has zero vision in this system. Why they switched from a power scheme to a zone scheme is beyond me.
The product of having a bad offensive line, imo. In order to play a power game, it starts with the line. The zone blocking scheme is one way to attempt to cover up for a line lacking talent. Unfortunately for them, it isn't working.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #250
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
We're about $20 million under the cap this year. Projections seem to be that we will be around $40 million under the cap next year. Now, that doesn't include unrestricted/restricted free agents that will get new deals between now and then. Obviously the first order of business when putting together a quality team is to retain your best assets, then look elsewhere.

I think our best FAs coming off the books next year are Josh Cribbs, Mohamed Massaquoi, Craig Robertson (restricted), Emmanuel Stephens (restricted), Ben Watson, Kaluka Maiava and Sheldon Brown.

To me, the guys who would be first priority in re-signing are Robertson, Stephens and Cribbs. I like MoMass a lot, but he is injured too much. The guy can't stay healthy.

Long story short, even after retaining the free agents that we need to keep, we should be well under the cap and have a ton of room to maneuver.

And, new owner Jimmy Haslam may want to make a big splash in his first offseason. Maybe a Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe to compliment what Josh Gordon is becoming. Pretty sure both those guys are UFAs after this year.

I like Bowe he's a good red zone threat and puts numbers with the best but he has one of the QBs in the league he's had to deal with Thigpen/Cassel/Quinn imagine if he got a chance with a good QB Greg is good too I just want to see how he does coming off that groin injury. I think things can go well for the browns next season and make the playoffs (especially if the AFC remains this weak)but they have to hit it good in the draft too.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #251
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

no Tebow or Greene on 3rd and 1 near goal line. my god.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #252
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The product of having a bad offensive line, imo. In order to play a power game, it starts with the line. The zone blocking scheme is one way to attempt to cover up for a line lacking talent. Unfortunately for them, it isn't working.

He never had trouble in the power-running scheme. That's where he was best at. He's just a horrible fit for the ZBS scheme which is why I always laugh when people use it against Foster. It takes EXCELLENT vision and cut-back ability to be successful. McFadden is a guy who likes to explode through the hole which doesn't exactly work in a zone scheme. His legs being ridiculously weak don't help either. He gets tripped up way too easily.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #253
BrickingStar
Banned

On another note AJ Green is looking like the best WR in football. Had an amazing rookie season and now continuing it this season.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #254
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
He never had trouble in the power-running scheme. That's where he was best at. He's just a horrible fit for the ZBS scheme which is why I always laugh when people use it against Foster. It takes EXCELLENT vision and cut-back ability to be successful. McFadden is a guy who likes to explode through the hole which doesn't exactly work in a zone scheme. His legs being ridiculously weak don't help either. He gets tripped up way too easily.
You certainly have a point. I didn't dispute that. I'm just not sure their line is capable of leading the way for an incredibly productive running back, regardless of scheme.

They need to figure something out, because he is their best offensive weapon and he's largely being wasted right now. Whether that is due to scheme or the line or a combination of the two, it is something they are eventually going to have to remedy.

They've been trying to get him out in space a bit more in the second half with screens and short pass plays. We'll see if he can break one.

As an aside, Blackmon looks totally underwhelming to me. I know Gabbert/Henne are no world beaters, but Blackmon is looking a little lost out there.

EDIT: They just said Blackmon is the next guy up at QB if Henne goes down! Haha.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-21-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #255
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I'd much rather keep Rex and give Sanchez the boot.

Although Rex is an idiot he's still a good coach and if it's a choice between the two I think it's obvious that Sanchez should go instead.

I think the Jets need to give Sanchez another 4-5 game window. If Sanchez struggles and puts up bad/mediocre numbers while the teams playoff position is unlikely just tank the season and give as much playing time to the young guys(including Tebow). Look to get the highest pick available and retool for next season. Jets still have a solid defense despite Revis being out and they have invested some high picks in recent years in that defensive unit should be decent next year as well.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: