Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #46
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board
Default Re: Week 7 Game Thread and Discussion

For a guy who averages so much per carry, it's amazing Gore doesn't get enough touches for the 49ers.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #47
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Didn't start him this week, but after getting 41 points for me two weeks ago, Alex Smith has something like 14-15 combined points his last two games.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #48
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Frank Gore: 15th game with 130+ yards rushing since 2006, 2nd-most in NFL in that span (Chris Johnson 18)

Impressive that Chris Johnson has been complete ass for 1+ season and still has the most 130 yard games since 2006...by three games.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #49
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Impressive that Chris Johnson has been complete ass for 1+ season and still has the most 130 yard games since 2006...by three games.
The crazy thing is he averaged 125 yards a game in 09'
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #50
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Stopped watching the game on the last drive by Seattle, but all the gamblers are hysterical about Harbaugh declining a safety and thus the Niners chances to cover the spread
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #51
KG215

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
The crazy thing is he averaged 125 yards a game in 09'

Not to mention 2008 was his rookie year and they're going back to 2006. But yeah, I figured he racked up the majority of those his 2,000 yard season. Looked at his game log, and he had eight 130+ yard games. Impressive he got to 2,000 with a 34 yard game, 57 yard game, and two other sub-100 yard games. Games of 228, 197, 151, and 154 really help balance those out, though, I guess.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #52
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

Good win for the 49ers.

Alex has been in a slump. I really think his finger bothers him. When I had a sprained finger my shooting touch was gone.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #53
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know Russell Wilson is a rookie and he had a decent game against NE, so this maybe just me, but he really hasn't impressed me one bit, I get it, SF defense is great, but he's put up mediocre numbers against mediocre defenses.

I would love to see what Matt Flynn can do.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #54
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
For a guy who averages so much per carry, it's amazing Gore doesn't get enough touches for the 49ers.
He's broken down in the past. They are pacing him. It's smart.

Smith was in the checkdown offense. Seattle not selling out on the run was amazing to me. It was very Jet like, 3rd and 10, checkdown or run, **** the first down. don't make a mistake. Yes, it won. They are very good. But it makes their margin for error very small, you make a mistake or two and you let weaker teams stay in games. The first two games of the year their offense was much more dynamic. I'm not saying they should be pass first, but they need the threat of the longer pass (not 40 yards, like 10-15) more to pull some defenders back. Just sometimes to get Smith used to it too. Because you can't only run, then fall down 17-7 4th qtr and at that point say VERTICAL PASSING GAME - COMMENCE!

The point is a Super Bowl, and to do that you need to be more multi dimensional to have a real good shot and not just a punchers chance type shot. And it's not like they can't, we saw it early this year.

Last edited by niko : 10-19-2012 at 10:02 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #55
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He's broken down in the past. They are pacing him. It's smart.

Smith was in the checkdown offense. Seattle not selling out on the run was amazing to me. It was very Jet like, 3rd and 10, checkdown or run, **** the first down. don't make a mistake. Yes, it won. They are very good. But it makes their margin for error very small, you make a mistake or two and you let weaker teams stay in games. The first two games of the year their offense was much more dynamic. I'm not saying they should be pass first, but they need the threat of the longer pass (not 40 yards, like 10-15) more to pull some defenders back. Just sometimes to get Smith used to it too. Because you can't only run, then fall down 17-7 4th qtr and at that point say VERTICAL PASSING GAME - COMMENCE!

The point is a Super Bowl, and to do that you need to be more multi dimensional to have a real good shot and not just a punchers chance type shot. And it's not like they can't, we saw it early this year.

I think their strategy is perfect. Alex Smith is the same mediocre QB he always has been. The difference now is that the team around him is stacked and he has a great coaching staff. If they take the leash off him, he'll probably go back to throwing a shitload of interceptions. I get what you're saying though.

But lets be real, this team isn't going to fall behind by more than 1 possession very often. The defense is ****ing ridiculous.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #56
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I know Russell Wilson is a rookie and he had a decent game against NE, so this maybe just me, but he really hasn't impressed me one bit, I get it, SF defense is great, but he's put up mediocre numbers against mediocre defenses.

I would love to see what Matt Flynn can do.

Outside of the Hail Mary's he threw against NE and GB, he has been pretty bad. I am shocked that Seattle hasn't put Flynn to see what he can do.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #57
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I think their strategy is perfect. Alex Smith is the same mediocre QB he always has been. The difference now is that the team around him is stacked and he has a great coaching staff. If they take the leash off him, he'll probably go back to throwing a shitload of interceptions. I get what you're saying though.

But lets be real, this team isn't going to fall behind by more than 1 possession very often. The defense is ****ing ridiculous.

I think it needs to be somewhere in the middle. Not drop back 40 times and chuck. But not only do checkdowns. If he was playing a better team with a better coach they would have stacked the line. You occasionally need to throw a 20 yard pass over the middle, not a checkdown that goes from 5 to 20, a 20 yard so the safety has to actually worry about what is behind him.

He can make that throw, he did it earlier this year. He did it down the sidelines to Davis in the playoffs against the Giants. Some balance is needed.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #58
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Tennessee at Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS Ralph Wilson Stadium
Washington at NY Giants 1:00 PM FOX MetLife Stadium
New Orleans at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX Raymond James Stadium
Dallas at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX Bank of America Stadium
Baltimore at Houston 1:00 PM CBS Reliant Stadium
Cleveland at Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS Lucas Oil Stadium
Green Bay at St. Louis 1:00 PM FOX Edward Jones Dome
Arizona at Minnesota 1:00 PM FOX Mall of America Field
NY Jets at New England 4:25 PM CBS Gillette Stadium
Jacksonville at Oakland 4:25 PM CBS O.co Coliseum
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 8:20 PM NBC Paul Brown Stadium

Detroit at Chicago 8:30 PM Soldier Field

Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #59
niko
I Run NY.

BTW, i was one of those who had Seattle +7 1/2 so Harbaugh, here's to you.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #60
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent

Alex Smith is fine. He's just having a bad two games and not to mention he's playing a GREAT defense and had an injured throwing finger coming in.

I've said this before the season and I'll say it again but Seattle has a top 5 defense in the NFL. They play alot like the 49ers defense in which they are extremely physical and get after opposing QBs. Plus this was an important divisional game so you have to figure the game would end up being a physical game where both teams are playing it safe offensively and relying on their defenses.

Here's some stats that other QB's have put up against Seattle this year:
Skelton- 14/28, 149 yards, 1 INT
Romo- 23/40, 251 yards, 1 TD 1 INT
Rodgers- 26/39, 223 yards, 0td-0INT
Bradford- 16/30, 221 yards, 1 INT
Newton- 12/29, 141 yards, 0TD, 0INT
Brady- 36/58, 395 yards 2 TD 2 INT

I also do think the injury to his finger has hurt his play recently. These past two games he hasn't been making the same throws he has been making earlier in the season.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: