Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #16
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron a couple years ago was SCARY fast

he ran like lee had the last bucket of fried chicken
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #17
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

4.4 sec 40 yard dash is not a fluke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
I think he's just toned down his play. He paces himself and plays more in control. When he has too he can still turn those jets on though

This.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #18
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
4.4 sec 40 yard dash is not a fluke...

This.

He doesn't run a 4.4. Don't be stupid.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Yeah he can run 4.4
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #20
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Take into account Lee had forward movement, time of reaction for Lebron, and you notice that at half court Lee had a good 8 foot lead on him. Also the fact Lee could flat out go for the dunk and not slow down, where as Lebron had to make sure not to foul him.

sorry plowking, but it seems you have never played a descent game of basketball in your life. to say a player on a fastbreak with the ball has an equal opportunity of speed as a chasing defender.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #21
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR

It is kindof mindboggling indeed, but it is true... Lebron was measured at an average of 4.4 sec in the 40 yard dash test at the combine in 2003 after 3 tries, his best was closer to 4.3 sec... its in his "Believe the hype" book and the 4.4 sec time is confirmed all over the internet, compare that to the 40 yard dash time world record times: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40-yard_dash ... notice that all are between 5'5" and 6'2", widerecievers and so on...

Lebron might not have/had the fastest quickness, darting here and there like a fly (aka Iverson, Rose and so on), but from one end to the other of the court.... he will kill you...

Last edited by pauk : 10-19-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #22
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
Lebron was behind him how can you call that posterized i dont know.

But damn what a speed

You can call it posterized if a photo of the play would make a good poster.

stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Lebrons lost a good amount of athleticism the difference is clear and very noticeable. People won't admit it because he's still so good if this was any other player no would be denying something so obvious.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OQalbnPdiY

That's as a member of the Heat. Still as fast as ever in my opinion, and one of the plays that truly excited me as a Heat fan becoming accustomed to our two new stars that season; even though it was a goaltend.

Hes changed his game up, so all this eye test field reports by posters are useless. We as humans can't tell the difference when its that slight, although we can in patterns, and its obvious his game has changed with his new team.
not that impressive
Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
...its in my Bible, his "Believe the hype" book...
Yep... a book called "Believe the hype"... sounds like a quality read full of "facts"
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #26
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Ask yourself this: does that video look like what players move like on TV? Courtney Lee himself looks like Iverson in that.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Yep... a book called "Believe the hype"... sounds like a quality read full of "facts"

It is full with quotes & facts... i heard and read very many other places that Lebron indeed ran a 4.4 sec 40 yard dash time, not sure what you are trying to say anyways? You dont believe it?

Last edited by pauk : 10-19-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #28
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Take into account Lee had forward movement, time of reaction for Lebron, and you notice that at half court Lee had a good 8 foot lead on him. Also the fact Lee could flat out go for the dunk and not slow down, where as Lebron had to make sure not to foul him.
I'm sure Courtney runs faster without dribbling as well though, especially for a shooting guard with average handles at best.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #29
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OQalbnPdiY

That's as a member of the Heat. Still as fast as ever in my opinion, and one of the plays that truly excited me as a Heat fan becoming accustomed to our two new stars that season; even though it was a goaltend.

Hes changed his game up, so all this eye test field reports by posters are useless. We as humans can't tell the difference when its that slight, although we can in patterns, and its obvious his game has changed with his new team.
To be honest, I do not believe that link to be a great example. In contrast, I always felt this sequence (on the dribble) was a great showcase of his speed abilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymWeSe-TgY
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
To be honest, I do not believe that link to be a great example. In contrast, I always felt this sequence (on the dribble) was a great showcase of his speed abilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymWeSe-TgY
that was a better example
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: