Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Super Mario Galaxy 2

Well this hits stores Sunday. The first one was great, especially along side some chronic. I wasn't gonna make a thread but IGN and Gamespot gave it a 10.0! Very exciting. Not sure if I'll rent, or go pick it up Sunday. Maybe if some place has a deal I'll snatch it up now that school is over.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2

wow 10 from both sites, thats pretty epic
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gamespot is really stingy with their high scores so this game must be amazing.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Gamespot is really stingy with their high scores so this game must be amazing.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. IGN had theirs up this afternoon; I was pretty excited but they give out the high scores a little more often. When I saw Gamespot also rolled out the 10.0 I let out my O-Face.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
Hotbullets
High School Starter

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

Wow! Didn't see that one coming, I knew it was going to be a hit, but a perfect game? Sweet.

Too bad we Europeans have to wait a month longer... Only Nintendo pulls that shit, why oh why?!!
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Well this hits stores Sunday. The first one was great, especially along side some chronic. I wasn't gonna make a thread but IGN and Gamespot gave it a 10.0! Very exciting. Not sure if I'll rent, or go pick it up Sunday. Maybe if some place has a deal I'll snatch it up now that school is over.

How you going to get a job if you can't pass a drug test?

Back to the topic. I originally sold my first Wii after me and my ex split, but now I have another Wii. When 'New' Super Mario Brothers was released I simply had to own and experience the newest 2-D side-scrolling adventure. I also wanted to have more of a social gaming option and I'm not a huge fan of GH/RB.

I did have SMG, and from what I can recall it was good. I'll probably get SMG again once the price drops to either $30 or $20, and instead of getting SMG 2 now, wait until that price drops (and yes I realize it'll be at least a couple years before that happens).

New Super Mario Brothers > anything on the Wii, including Twilight Princess, etc.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
New Super Mario Brothers
Played it at a friend's house and it was way too easy. I was hoping it would be a gift to the hardcore old-school fans but it was just another entry-level challenge.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Played it at a friend's house and it was way too easy. I was hoping it would be a gift to the hardcore old-school fans but it was just another entry-level challenge.

Yeah, the game's infamous downfall (lack of difficulty). It's incredibly too easy to load up on items/extra lives etc. The Super Mario franchise isn't exactly designed to allow difficulty options (easy, medium and hard for examples). Minus this major setback for the game, it truly is a phenomenal gaming experience. We can always hope The New Super Mario Brothers 2 release (whenever that may be) will bulk up it's challenge, difficulty wise.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
How you going to get a job if you can't pass a drug test?

Ha, I'm not a cashier or the night watchman; why would I need a drug test?
Old 05-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

JUst got it. Toys R Us has it that if you have a rewards card (and you can sign up for one as you buy it and it costs nothing) that you get a $10 giftcard back, and you can also get the guide while you buy the game for only $5 (its $20). I normally don't get guides but $5 is not bad.

Its only today.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

played this for several hours yesterday and it's the best game i've played all year. prolly game of the year for me.

when i first started playing, i thought this is gonna be too similar to the last one - i'm not getting that feeling of something new and groundbreaking like i did with smg... but as i played through just the first 2 or 3 levels i realized that they've improved on their formula, added difficulty, and kept everything that made the last game so much fun.

the level design is just so good. that's what made the first one for me, but they've really done an amazing job with this one. i'm just getting into the 3rd world and i already have 5 or 6 levels i've had to play over and over again due to the immense fun factor.

the galaxy series = GOAT level design if you love platformers. nothing really compares.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Think I'm gonna wait for the rental this week, because I beat 100% of the 1st one in a just a few weeks, but I'm still considering it based on everything I've seen and heard so far.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
played this for several hours yesterday and it's the best game i've played all year. prolly game of the year for me.

when i first started playing, i thought this is gonna be too similar to the last one - i'm not getting that feeling of something new and groundbreaking like i did with smg... but as i played through just the first 2 or 3 levels i realized that they've improved on their formula, added difficulty, and kept everything that made the last game so much fun.

the level design is just so good. that's what made the first one for me, but they've really done an amazing job with this one. i'm just getting into the 3rd world and i already have 5 or 6 levels i've had to play over and over again due to the immense fun factor.

the galaxy series = GOAT level design if you love platformers. nothing really compares.

im a few hours in and i like it a lot better. i thought the level design in the first one was ehh.. a lot of the early levels were boring and i just didnt feel like playing through it. This one, its harder but more fun at the same time. This one doesn't hold your hand, some of the timing required is much more remincisent of the old games.

BTW, people saying Super Mario Bros (the wii one) was easy, even the 7th and 8th worlds? Some of those boards required sick timing, especially with a few people.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #14
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
im a few hours in and i like it a lot better. i thought the level design in the first one was ehh.. a lot of the early levels were boring and i just didnt feel like playing through it. This one, its harder but more fun at the same time. This one doesn't hold your hand, some of the timing required is much more remincisent of the old games.

BTW, people saying Super Mario Bros (the wii one) was easy, even the 7th and 8th worlds? Some of those boards required sick timing, especially with a few people.

yeah the level of difficulty definitely reminds me of the early mario games. i'm just getting to the castle on the 3rd world and there've been a few levels that took me way too many times to finish already. should provide for some good longevity out of the game.

and i also agree about new super mario bros on wii. the ds one was easy. they learned their lesson and stepped up the difficulty on the wii one. even world 6 had a few crazy levels. world 8 was pretty nuts - especially with two people. and the star levels?
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
yeah the level of difficulty definitely reminds me of the early mario games. i'm just getting to the castle on the 3rd world and there've been a few levels that took me way too many times to finish already. should provide for some good longevity out of the game.

and i also agree about new super mario bros on wii. the ds one was easy. they learned their lesson and stepped up the difficulty on the wii one. even world 6 had a few crazy levels. world 8 was pretty nuts - especially with two people. and the star levels?

id be much further into this one if i didnt have monster hunter. i have that, mario and red dead redemption that i really want to play at the same freaking time. mario and MH is a good combination btw, MH makes you way too tense, and mario is hard but fun.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: