Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: i hate being called jeremy lin everytime i come out to the courts

Wow you're Asian?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll call you Bateer. Happy?
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #18
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Shutup Lin and go get me a Gatorade.
I busted out laughing on the TRAX to school man, thanks, now I look schizophrenic.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

that's cause you suck.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #20
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has decent reputation

I get called "Jordan" a lot...but only when my midrange game is a bit off. When it's on like donkey kong, I get called "Kobe".
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputationBigsmoke has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
last summer, i was hoopin alot. one thing that annoyed me was everytime i came out to the courts people would call me jeremy lin and thought it was so hilarious. i mean i heard it about 50 times before no lie so it became very annoying. Just because im asian its funny to call me jeremy lin? think about it like this, if your black and i call you lebron james is that suppose to be funny?

so some advice for you ish hoopers, if you see an asian kid on the court and you make a jeremy lin joke, you look really salty to him because its barely funny and hes heard it 100 times before.

what players have you been called before while playing basketball? ive been called yao, kobe, rose, artest, even manny pacquiao

i aint going to lie.

i dont hoop like that around here.

I just try to shoot around and 5 niggaz would come out of nowhere and be like "aight let go! 3 on 3! who got first?"

one of my homies showed me this place at Brookfield that i go to.

Last edited by Bigsmoke : 10-19-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #22
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I don't complain about being called Matt Maloney when I come out to the courts.
That's outstanding if you're being honest. That might be the best reference I've heard on a 2012 streetball court, next to a chubby dude at my courts getting the Clarence Weatherspoon label last year.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #23
Fudge
fʊk ʏu all

Fudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation hereFudge has an incredible reputation here

I got called LeBron a few times everytime I travelled.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this board

used to get called white jordan. cause I had a great fade way and a really quick first step/ drive to the rim.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
Jax
Great young streetballer

Jax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I hate being called Jeremy Lin every time I come out to the courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
last summer, i was hoopin alot. one thing that annoyed me was everytime i came out to the courts people would call me jeremy lin and thought it was so hilarious. i mean i heard it about 50 times before no lie so it became very annoying. Just because im asian its funny to call me jeremy lin? think about it like this, if your black and i call you lebron james is that suppose to be funny?

so some advice for you ish hoopers, if you see an asian kid on the court and you make a jeremy lin joke, you look really salty to him because its barely funny and hes heard it 100 times before.

what players have you been called before while playing basketball? ive been called yao, kobe, rose, artest, even manny pacquiao
If you show you care and remain salty people are gonna exploit that weakness. Stay Linning...don't care.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
Point Blank
Superbowl or Bust!

Point Blank has decent reputation

I shoot similar to Joe Johnson so I get that a lot.
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #27
NYK_Stan
I airball my layups

NYK_Stan has an OK reputation so far

Im the only white guy at my court so...
When my jumper is on, i get called novak.

When i play good defense or run the floor well, i get called kirilenko.

Once i blew by some guys, took it to the rim, and dropped a dime and got called nash. Doesnt happen much cuz i play mostly off the ball tho...
NYK_Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #28
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

I always get called Dirk and Peja for being a tall white guy with a lethal jumper.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

i get called ricky rubio
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Stop being Asian.

I don't complain about being called Matt Maloney when I come out to the courts.

Oh lord.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: