Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks (preseason) 7:00 pm

Game link:

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1483...kee-bucks.html

Ross isn't playing tonight because of the flu.

Post your thoughts here.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks (preseason) 7:00 pm

At the half...

On offense, DeMar has looked the best.

On defense, it's Jonas and overall to me... the best player on the court for the Raptors.

Bargnani better pick it up in this next half. Bench has been great for us, so far.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Game was alright. Val with more rebounds than points I think.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lowry reminds me of a TJ Ford that won't break upon contact. I like that. It's encouraging that it seems like Val will be the starter right away.

I consider the rest of the team to be irrelevant for the most part. I'd like to see Ross in hopes he can at least be a decent rotation player in the NBA.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
Game was alright. Val with more rebounds than points I think.

Actually he had more points than rebounds. Got to the line a lot.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Jonas Valanciunas

28min/ 1-3fg/ 8-10ft/ 8reb/1stl/10points/4blks

Not bad, remember this kid is only 20 years old.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Jonas Valanciunas

28min/ 1-3fg/ 8-10ft/ 8reb/1stl/10points/4blks

Not bad, remember this kid is only 20 years old.

Pretty damn impressive. For a big man, getting to the line 10 times and hitting 8 of those shots is pretty amazing. There is hope in Raptor Nation!
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Val has been looking solid. This game wasn't as exciting and flashy as the last (probably partially due to who we were playing against) but I like how Val looked out there.

The Lowry/Ford comparison, I kind of agree overall but Lowry seems a lot more in control than TJ was. And he at least early on seems to be a more consistent perimeter guy too.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Val has been looking solid. This game wasn't as exciting and flashy as the last (probably partially due to who we were playing against) but I like how Val looked out there.

The Lowry/Ford comparison, I kind of agree overall but Lowry seems a lot more in control than TJ was. And he at least early on seems to be a more consistent perimeter guy too.

Lowry is a way better defender than Ford. He is also a lot stronger.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far

Val's numbers will improve once the guards start finding him on the rolls to the basket. Either way, his contributions on the pick and roll are paying dividends because he rolls so hard that the opposing big can't afford to trap. I'm also loving his composure for a rook. He has good IQ, and his game is extremely mature for a 20 year old.

He has far exceeded my expectations, although I'm curious to see the first couple of games of the regular season to see how well me can control fouling.

The season opener vs the pacers will be an excellent test, and I'm hoping he can stay under control against someone as talented as Hibbert.
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Lowry is a way better defender than Ford. He is also a lot stronger.
Yeah, that too. He's definitely better and more committed on the defensive end. And more of a leader.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Regardless of Val's production (which has exceeded my expectations thus far). The team just seems better when he's on the floor. His presence in the middle is really helping his teammates play their game.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Regardless of Val's production (which has exceeded my expectations thus far). The team just seems better when he's on the floor. His presence in the middle is really helping his teammates play their game.
Completely agree. Beyond numbers, we look like a different team when he's out there on the floor. The team seems more energized, and they seem to play harder defensively.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
Awkrewen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Awkrewen has decent reputation

The biggest difference I see in this team is that the top players from last year.
Bargnani and DeRozan are now more appropriately the third and fourth best starter on this team. Also the third best player Calderon is now a great sixth man and back up point guard. Fields as the worst of our starters is fine, with Davis, Johnson, Anderson and Ross rounding out a decent rotation providing really good depth for the season. The three additions of Val, Lowry, and Fields provide this year Raptors with an incredible talent increase. Bargnani as your third or fourth best player is acceptable, when Bargnani is your top player that is sad.
Awkrewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #15
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

I only saw the highlights but has Demar been posting up more recently or is it only because of the Buck's small gaurds?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: