Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #31
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Let's discuss: What is your opinion on the drone attacks ?

They're pretty badass
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #32
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
First off it's not vastly different.....it's the same thing...

- I talked to many Vet's who landed on Iwo Jima....the Japanese soldier was probably the most hardcore of any American enemy..

You think the Japanese didn't feel it was their country?

- I'm confused by the bolded...your not in favor of Killing them there?....

- Just as we bombed Japan to protect our Kand and save our Lives...we should keep a military presence in Afgntn....

- as the Taliban will probably never go away..neither shall we...we have an all volunteer Military.....I repeat...all our Military joined out of free will to serve/protect/ do what our government says....

and that means doing some things that aren't always good...but very necessary.....without question.

The Japanese surrendered because their Emperor told them to surrender. You see his equivalent within the Taliban? Even if Mullah Omar wanted to talk he doesn't control the majority of the Taliban fighters. Japan was not a war torn control over the last 20-30 years used to fighting/retreating/fighting/retreating into into neighboring countries and getting help from said countries. Japan wouldn't have found help from the Koreans/Chinese/Vietnam, Thai's, etc.

The drone attacks are aimed more at killing Taliban leaders with the occasional use now of killing terrorist. The Taliban doesn't have the means nor care to attack American assets outside of that area, so the argument that we are killing them via drones to keep them from killing us outside of that area is a false one.

A military presence long term is futile. When you fight a threat that has no tie to the land, but is led by religious beliefs you aren't going to beat them unless you want to stay them for 100 plus years and sink trillions and trillions of dollars into the place. I'm talking far more than the 50,000 plus troops we have their now. Realistically you would need 500,000 plus to occupy whole tracks of the remote areas permanently instead of the haphazard patrols we currently due and arial survelliance. Do you have the stomach for something like that?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #33
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
GTFO with this sh!t....

- You don't have the right to sit and select what you would die for...

Our serviced men and women don't...why should you.

Our Military is a all volunteer force.....we join to protect and defend without question.....even if it means doing so against our own personal vision.

Now you sit here and spew your filth about only if blahh...blahhh....

- what makes you so special??.....

you should get on your knees and kiss the floor and thank all the men/women who were far better then you....that gave you the breathe to think like that.

pfft...GTFO>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I can't even
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #34
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
But why are they even trying to blow themselves up? It can't be because the United States continues to meddle in the Middle East. Or do you believe these evil terrorists just hate our liberal ways and want to kill us?

These drone attacks will fuel terrorism even more. More blowback more "terrorism.

It's more than that though. Most of these guys looking to blow themselves up don't come from the very poorest people being subjugated there. They come from middle class or well to do families and many are educated. There are many countries with an imprint in the Middle East. How do you figure the drone attacks will fuel more terrorism? Propping up bad governments is what fuels terrorism, which is why the smartest thing we have done was staying out of Egyptian politics during the overthrow and staying out of Syria, though I am guessing we are eventually going to make the stupid mistake of arming the rebels. We did the right thing staying out of the Iranian protests as well.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #35
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
The Japanese surrendered because their Emperor told them to surrender. You see his equivalent within the Taliban? Even if Mullah Omar wanted to talk he doesn't control the majority of the Taliban fighters. Japan was not a war torn control over the last 20-30 years used to fighting/retreating/fighting/retreating into into neighboring countries and getting help from said countries. Japan wouldn't have found help from the Koreans/Chinese/Vietnam, Thai's, etc.

The drone attacks are aimed more at killing Taliban leaders with the occasional use now of killing terrorist. The Taliban doesn't have the means nor care to attack American assets outside of that area, so the argument that we are killing them via drones to keep them from killing us outside of that area is a false one.

A military presence long term is futile. When you fight a threat that has no tie to the land, but is led by religious beliefs you aren't going to beat them unless you want to stay them for 100 plus years and sink trillions and trillions of dollars into the place. I'm talking far more than the 50,000 plus troops we have their now. Realistically you would need 500,000 plus to occupy whole tracks of the remote areas permanently instead of the haphazard patrols we currently due and arial survelliance. Do you have the stomach for something like that?

you are over thinking WAR.....same thing just a different enemy...it can't /won't always go the same...

Japanese surrendered because of many different reasons...

#1 We dropped two atomic Bombs....

#2 We Bombed major cities over a extended amount of time prior to the atomic attack

#3 We took over the Iwo Jima Islands ....

#4 We also had a stronger military that could eventually take over the 4 major islands...

#5 Japan had a structured country and we offered it back to them on our terms.

Afghanistan seems to be a different animal.....

we just will find a way to adapt and overcome..

If that means we need a constant presence and Military Print over there....then so be it.

would not be the first time....and mos def not the last.

in other words..we forced our will on them with no regard but our own.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 10-22-2012 at 12:08 AM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #36
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
But why are they even trying to blow themselves up? It can't be because the United States continues to meddle in the Middle East. Or do you believe these evil terrorists just hate our liberal ways and want to kill us?

I do believe the terrorists hate liberalism. There's a whole host of political and territorial issues mixed in, but this is the type of people we are talking about.

Quote:
A spokesman for the Taliban in Pakistan’s Swat Valley took responsibility for the shooting on Tuesday of a 15-year-old activist who is an outspoken advocate of education for girls. The attack on Malala Yousafzai, who was shot in the head on her way home from school in Mingora, the region’s main city, outraged many Pakistanis, but a Taliban spokesman told a newspaper that the group would target the girl again if she survived.
Quote:
These drone attacks will fuel terrorism even more. More blowback more "terrorism.

I think that's a legitimate area for discussion, but let's also acknowledge that completely dishonest propanganda is also being used to create more blowback.

For me the issue of the drones begins with is use of force a legitimate response? And I think going after Al Qaeda, the Taliban and other allied militants, force is definitely a legitimate response. If use of force is legitimate then the question becomes when would drone use be legitimate? I think there are some here who would not agree with either of those propositions.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 10-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #37
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
you are over thinking WAR.....same thing just a different enemy...it can't /won't always go the same...

Japanese surrendered because of many different reasons...

#1 We dropped two atomic Bombs....

#2 We Bombed major cities over a extended amount of time prior to the atomic attack

#3 We took over the Iwo Jima Islands ....

#4 We also had a stronger military that could eventually take over the 4 major islands...

#5 Japan had a structured country and we offered it back to them on our terms.

Afghanistan seems to be a different animal.....

we just will find a way to adapt and overcome..

If that means we need a constant presence and Military Print over there....then so be it.

would not be the first time....and mos def not the last.

It isn't over thinking. They have vastly different reasons for why they are fighting. You can't use the same war plan on a completely different theater of war. This isn't a conventional war, which is what WW2 involved.

The Imperial commanders wanted to still continue fighting, even with the bombs and bombings. It took their emperor doing something he had never done to make them back down and for the Japanese to surrender. The radio broadcast he made was the first time the majority of the Japanese people had ever heard the voice of their Emperor. The war mongers still had the power in the cabinet. Without the Emperor breaking protocol we would have had to invade Japan and fight tooth and nail to pacify them.

We just will find a way to adapt and overcome? That is pretty damn vague when you're standing before the troops, contractors and 3rd country nationals explaining your long term strategy and how you will protect them while stabilizing the country. That may cut it in movies, but not in the real world. So when will you be volunteering to go over their as a contractor or are you in favor of drastically raising the taxes needed and beefing up the armed forces by 500,000 plus so we have a large enough imprint to stop playing whack-a-mole?
Old 10-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #38
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

i use it in call of duty all the time
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #39
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Yes I'm a New Yorker and I have heard about the story and the other incidents. As for the Federal Reserve incident I really didn't care as the FED is an evil entity itself(but that's for another discussion)

So you don't have any problems with someone setting off a thousand pound bomb in your city because you agree with their target?

Also thanks for the honesty, it will save my time.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #40
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
So you don't have any problems with someone setting off a thousand pound bomb in your city because you agree with their target?

Also thanks for the honesty, it will save my time.

Of course I have a problem with a thousand pound bomb being set but I have a hard time believing it was a thousand pound bomb.. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

I'm not going to lie when I first saw the story I was skeptical. The FED has been getting scrutinized with all of the theories around it and no other way to give it a positive image by involving it with terrorism and patriotism.

Bottom line is more people get killed by being bitten by a dog than by terrorist attacks in the US. There is no terrorism! It's just a way for politicians to control you
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #41
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Of course I have a problem with a thousand pound bomb being set but I have a hard time believing it was a thousand pound bomb.. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
No. Have you actually read of the news reports?

Quote:
Bottom line is more people get killed by being bitten by a dog than by terrorist attacks in the US. There is no terrorism!

That's just ****ing nonsense. and I say that while agreeing that terrorism risks need to put in the proper context.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #42
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Drone attacks are great because a drone has a much lower carbon footprint than a military jet. It's better for the environment.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #43
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
Japan attacked us and then we dropped 2 atomic Bombs on them , and set up Our Military in their offshore while making sure to take away theirs(military)... they can no longer have a military....

IMO we need to do the same thing in the middle east/ Afghanistan....we need to make sure they never ever attack our soil again.

just because America enjoys it's quality of life .....doesn't mean it comes without a price.

we have to keep the "terrorists" at bay......

there is no right way in WAR...Kill or be killed.

and like someone else said...unless you served in combat....you have no right to speak....(or at least no right for anyone to take yo seriously)

you are so brainwashed.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #44
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's a moral slippery slope. The majority of these strikes are taking place in Pakistan and Yemen, 2 countries we are supposedly not at war with. Civilians are getting killed along with the bad guys. How many? Who knows? The administration loves to brag when a drone kills a Taliban or Al Qaeda leader, but they're mum on the subject of civilian casualties.

I wonder what kind of "behind closed doors" agreements we have with the governments of Pakistan and Yemen. Outwardly they protest these strikes yet we seem to be able to continue them without any real resistance.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #45
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
you are so brainwashed.

Go travel the world and see how 90% of people live....

then come back home ..

your welcome.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: