Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default If you dont think Nas is the G.O.A.T. then u will get Negged!

and not just in hip hop but in any genre!!! PERIOD!

Illmatic!
It Was Written!
Stillmatic!
Lost Tapes!
God's Son!
Untitled!
Distant Relatives!
LIfe Is Good

and theres classic tracks off I Am, nastradamus, HHID, and the QB Finest album.... I mean come on!!

he's 39 and still going strong being in the game for 21 years!!!

Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If you dont think Nas is the G.O.A.T. then u will get Negged!

Top 5, but definitely not the GOAT.
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

thats obviously a fake boombox, no way he could hold it up like that if it were real.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
Top 5, but definitely not the GOAT.
This. Big Nas fan but he isn't the GOAT
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I've got him listed as my GOAT, it's all subjective though.

BIG, Big L, RZA, Pac, Hov, Em, Gangstarr, and a few others all have arguments for the #1 spot.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool

through the lights cameras action glamour glitters & gold I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe.

TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

not better than pac and big
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
not better than pac and big

Lyrically id give Nas the edge over pac.

Don't get me wrong, I love pac dude was a poet, however his impact was due more to his delivery & message.

Plus, I prefer Nas' more complex rhyme scheme
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

top 3 imo but not goat
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Goat, because who else is? I think statistically Nas is the consensus GOAT.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not a chance.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
I've got him listed as my GOAT, it's all subjective though.

BIG, Big L, RZA, Pac, Hov, Em, Gangstarr, and a few others all have arguments for the #1 spot.

I agree with your sentiment but not your list.

There are so many amazing rappers that pop culture hasn't heard of. I think when judging who is the GOAT at something you have to throw commercial success out the window and just look at the songs.

Nas is a good choice. I mean you can't argue Nas or Tupac or Biggie, but I think it's shortsighted to name someone who had that level of commercial success because no matter what you want to think, talent doesn't get you that far. It just means you had someone on your side.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe the GOAT of the genre, but @ thinking he could be the GOAT overall.

Unless OP is here to tell me that he's familiar with every other relevant genre in music...
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

Lol at any genre. He is top 5 in his own genre. HIs flow has become more Az'ish in his last albums, not like before where he actually use to spit(listen to watch dem n1ggaz, that's beautiful )

No one can top 2pac though. His worldwide reach has to make him the Goat. His rhymes can easily be translated to any language with ease, and is easy for anyone to relate to his songs. He is known for his commercial succes probably but he gets more and more fans everyday for his deeper songs that went under the radar. MATW and most of the unreleased material from the AEOM and Makaveli albums is by far his best work.
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: