Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default 66% of NBA GMs call Kobe the best shooting guard in the league

Who is the best shooting guard in the NBA?
1. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers -- 66.7%
2. Dwyane Wade, Miami -- 23.3%

Glad to see these GMs know their stuff.

THE DEBATE IS OVER.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 66% of NBA GMs call Kobe the best shooting guard in the league

we gon see
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

THE DEBATE IS OVER.
I'm not even a Kobe fan and I've got to say; when was this ever even a debate?
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

what debate?

kobe will retire the leagues best SG

he just doesnt age... he lost a bit of athleticism after 2004... then a bit more after 2006... but since then hes been about the same. hasnt aged much at all
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Fudge
Banned

Fudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFudge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

He always was. There was never a debate.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
MiamiThrice
Banned

MiamiThrice has decent reputationMiamiThrice has decent reputation

How many votes did he get as the best player(and who got the most?)
MiamiThrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
How many votes did he get as the best player(and who got the most?)

who cares. lebron being better than kobe right now is like jordan being better than magic in 1991

magic was still the best PG in the game at the time. but its obvious a legendary player like lebron should atleast be better than kobe in his 17th year

i'd say lebron took over the league by default. kobe had it for 10 years. it was time for him to give it up

his 2000-2001 average was 28/6/5 for god sake and 30/7/6 in the playoffs.... how long do people expect kobe to play like that?

kobes average last year was 28/5/5 and 30/6/5 in the playoffs
Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
MiamiThrice
Banned

MiamiThrice has decent reputationMiamiThrice has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
who cares. lebron being better than kobe right now is like jordan being better than magic in 1991

magic was still the best PG in the game at the time. but its obvious a legendary player like lebron should atleast be better than kobe in his 17th year

i'd say lebron took over the league by default. kobe had it for 10 years. it was time for him to give it up

his 2000-2001 average was 28/6/5 for god sake and 30/7/6 in the playoffs.... how long do people expect kobe to play like that?

Nice, so LeBron is superior to Kobe. I like it.

I don't care about what he did in 2001. I'm living in 2012.
MiamiThrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
Nice, so LeBron is superior to Kobe. I like it.

I don't care about what he did in 2001. I'm living in 2012.

im just stating that kobes been at a top teir prime level going on 13 years now

most legends in the hall of fame are at that level for 6-7 years tops

the best of the best ( maybe 5 guys all time ) are at that level for 9-10 years

only kareem abdul jabbar, karl malone and kobe bryant were able to do it for 13+ years
Old 10-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Lebron might be better now but we can't compare the two right now. Lebron is in the peak of his prime and Kobe is having his last stand before retirement. The two will be compared when both of their careers are said and done.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
Lebron might be better now but we can't compare the two right now. Lebron is in the peak of his prime and Kobe is having his last stand before retirement. The two will be compared when both of their careers are said and done.

well i doubt lebron wins 4 more titles. and thats assuming kobe doesnt win another 1

i think this laker team will win atleast 1 out of the next 2 years
Old 10-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
well i doubt lebron wins 4 more titles. and thats assuming kobe doesnt win another 1

i think this laker team will win atleast 1 out of the next 2 years

Yea i don't know if he can get 4 but i can see another 2 or maybe 3. I just want to know how would he play after an injury or after he ages when he can't rely primarily on his athleticism.
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

THE DEBATE IS OVER.

The debate was over when T-mac went injury prone
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
Yea i don't know if he can get 4 but i can see another 2 or maybe 3. I just want to know how would he play after an injury or after he ages when he can't rely primarily on his athleticism.

the thunder can only get better.

i say the only time for lebron to win with the heat is within the next 2 years. and they have kobe/howard/nash/pau in their way

then when kobe retires durant and the thunder will be peaking

gonna be tough

i'd say lebron gets at most 1 more ring in his prime. then if lucky 1 more when hes older..

i think he retires with

3 mvps
3 rings
2 finals mvps
12 first team all nba's

top 7 all time

kobe retires with
1 mvp
6 rings
3 finals mvps
12 first team all nba's

top 3 all time
Old 10-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Stop living vicariously through him
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: