Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Landry Fields happy for fresh start with Raptors

NY Newsday:

ields, now a Toronto Raptor, said he needed a change and that he lost his confidence and comfort level after Carmelo Anthony was acquired.
"It was a fresh start," Fields said before Friday night's Knicks-Raptors preseason game at the Bell Centre. "I think I needed that. It couldn't have come at a better time for me.
"It was an accumulation of things. I probably lost some confidence in myself. I couldn't really adjust as well as I'd like to. Don't want to put the blame on anybody else. It really was me; just couldn't get it done."
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Landry Fields happy for fresh start with Raptors

Meh. Nothing special about an overpaid role player.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
Meh. Nothing special about an overpaid role player.

This is gonna be a great few years with him, isn't it? Raps fans love b*tchin'.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'm not happy about the money he's getting, but I don't think he'll be any sort of a detriment to the team.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Himan12
On the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
This is gonna be a great few years with him, isn't it? Raps fans love b*tchin'.

Yaup. Even though I wasnt bitching, I just think he will fade away in due time. Like Graham and moon.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himan12
Yaup. Even though I wasnt bitching, I just think he will fade away in due time. Like Graham and moon.

So give him the time to actually do that?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I'm not happy about the money he's getting, but I don't think he'll be any sort of a detriment to the team.

I think this is true, totally.

I mean, I think his contract won't hold them back for years 1 & 2 ($5M) and when his salary escalates in year 3 ($8.5M) he becomes a large expiring contract that can be used in a trade.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
Himan12
On the clouds

Quote:
So give him the time to actually do that?

I shall.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't go as far as to put him in the Graham/Moon category. I'd say he'd be more like an Anthony Parker. Doesn't do anything really spectacularly, but a good team guy who does a lot of little things well.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I think Fields will be a good player for us. Yes, overpaid but I feel that he could help this team out in the long run...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I think Fields will be a good player for us. Yes, overpaid but I feel that he could help this team out in the long run...

This.

Hes no star but he is solid and plays in the flow. He just got paid way too much.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I wouldn't go as far as to put him in the Graham/Moon category. I'd say he'd be more like an Anthony Parker. Doesn't do anything really spectacularly, but a good team guy who does a lot of little things well.

Are you kidding me? Parker was amazing for the Raps, we can only hope he turns out like Parker, then we're definitely a lock for a playoff spot
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Are you kidding me? Parker was amazing for the Raps, we can only hope he turns out like Parker, then we're definitely a lock for a playoff spot
I don't think BC signed Landry Fields expecting him to carry us to the playoffs. If he remains in the starting 5, he's the 5th most important player there. He's just a solid role player. Like everyone else here said an overpaid one, but not someone who will hurt the roster.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
I think this is true, totally.

I mean, I think his contract won't hold them back for years 1 & 2 ($5M) and when his salary escalates in year 3 ($8.5M) he becomes a large expiring contract that can be used in a trade.

This plus 1

Further if you think about it Amir Johnson over paid $7MM comes off the cap the same year if I am not mistaken..

That would be $15M off the books in 2015 or so.

Sets up the team nicely to acquire a very good player...

...which is why it hurts all the more that we didnt go out an draft Drummond.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I don't think BC signed Landry Fields expecting him to carry us to the playoffs. If he remains in the starting 5, he's the 5th most important player there. He's just a solid role player. Like everyone else here said an overpaid one, but not someone who will hurt the roster.

That's why you shouldn't compare him to Parker, who was the third most important player on that playoff team
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: