Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #46
Droid101
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,086
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Those are basketball-reference single shots matching criteria... only regular season... and only past 2 seasons (more like almost 1 and a half).... and only 0:05 or less remaining...

Problem 1 - This nullifies the gamewinning/gametying shot you had with 0:06 left and above (which Lebron/Kobe did have, including misses)...

Problem 2 - This nullifies their entire career of total gamewinning/gametying shots...

Problem 3 - This nullifies the playoffs (and even if playoffs were included then problem #1 and #2 would also exist for it)


With other words, that there is absolutely useless unless you want to know exactly how everything looked like with those specific criterias (horrible criterias may i add)....
Oh yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ****ing Article
the following criteria: regular season or playoffs,
I guess we can disregard everything you say pauk, as usual.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #47
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 16,088
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Kobe went through a huge slump from 2002-2004, Lebron is likely to go through one as well. As a matter a fact he has not been that great since 2007.
LeBron's slump has been the past few years and more based on a lack of confidence than bad luck, which I would say is usually the case for these things. He's got his confidence back and then some now, hopefully he'll drain a few game winners this year
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #48
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,915
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Kobe went through a huge slump from 2002-2004, Lebron is likely to go through one as well. As a matter a fact he has not been that great. He's 1-6 on his last 7 attempts

Indeed, players go through that... i would say Lebron has been in a huge slump in 2010-11 in the regular season (he was excellent in the playoffs though in the clutch, but then came the Finals, he "choked" pretty damn bad there)...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #49
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,915
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Oh yeah?

I guess we can disregard everything you say pauk, as usual.

Sorry, i am to tired, need to read more carefully...

However, problem #1 and #2 still exists.... and should not be disregarded by you...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #50
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,979
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Those facts as you can see strongly suggest otherwise, infact they suggest that the opposite decision to yours would be more "retarded"...

The main reason Lebron hit more of his gamewinners than Kobe in playoffs is because he is/was better at creating/making higher percentage shots (shots closer to the basket) and prefers better shot selection... same difference with their actual scoring...

If you want a last second jumpshot you could probably go with Kobe if you wish as their shooting accuracy from the perimeter is pretty much equal lately... no significant difference...

But if there is enough time left on the shotclock... Lebron will more often than not take/make a higher percentage shot compared to Kobe (which gives you logically a better chance to win), he can also more willingly than Kobe pass to an entirely open guy to take a shot at his sweetspot (which gives you logically another greater chance to win)....
Going by Kobes history in those situations Kobe thinks majority of time only "SHOOT!" (which is most often a lower percentage shot compared to what Lebron would do or sometimes even a very bad/very tough shot selection type of play, it does look pretty damn sweet and looks more impressive when it does go in though)...

This is where Durant comes in, Durant is A: he is a better jumpshooter than both Lebron/Kobe (from anywhere) and B: he is almost as good as Lebron with taking/making a higher percentage shot... and has excellent shot selection....

Compared to Lebron & Kobe Durant is supposed to be hitting gamewinning shots/clutch jumpshots more accurately based on this simple logic (and he is!).

One of the rare, rare, rare times I can say I agree with you. Pretty much this though.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #51
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,376
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
LeBron's slump has been the past few years and more based on a lack of confidence than bad luck, which I would say is usually the case for these things. He's got his confidence back and then some now, hopefully he'll drain a few game winners this year

That's Lebron's issue, he disappoints or gets criticized because people want to see the best player on the team to take the last shot. Ad in a sense that's the reason Kobe get's some praise cause he wants to take the last shot. I guess both are wrong and Jordan is right.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #52
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 15,034
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Can't believe the day has come when people read about basketball games on a spreadsheet.

I am old school and still watch the games.

Can't believe it has come with having a criteria for game winners.

Last edited by 9erempiree : 10-23-2012 at 01:43 AM.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #53
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,915
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Droid101, when talking about season + playoffs... this is just a tad more useful than that thing you posted, as it covers those 2 problems i told you:



This is somewhat outdated though, but still a tad more useful/accurate way of valuating missed/made gamewinning shots than simply shots of 1/2 years and with only 5 or less seconds left...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 AM   #54
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,915
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
One of the rare, rare, rare times I can say I agree with you. Pretty much this though.

If you sticked with only facts (like i do) you would agree with me much more often... :)
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #55
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 7,004
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Can't believe the day has come when people read about basketball games on a spreadsheet.

I am old school and still watch the games.

Can't believe it has come with having a criteria for game winners.

Oh in that case you've seen with your eyes that Durant is far more efficient with game-winning shots than Kobe? Who needs spreadsheets after all?!
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:48 AM   #56
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,376
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Can't believe the day has come when people read about basketball games on a spreadsheet.

I am old school and still watch the games.

Can't believe it has come with having a criteria for game winners.


some don't count shots like this one(by Kobe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodiAAns6Jk
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #57
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters
 
G-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,376
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk



That's ****ing great! 31.3 out of 115 attempts!
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #58
Legends66NBA7
Apex
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 19,868
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

I knew Kobe Bryant and Vince Carter are the only active players with over 30+ Game Winners and obviously they took a lot of shots, because they have to create their offense when the defense keys in on you. Has Kobe had over 40+ now ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #59
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 16,088
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
That's ****ing great! 31.3 out of 115 attempts!
How do you make .3 of a shot?
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #60
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 7,004
Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
How do you make .3 of a shot?

Cut it into tenths and hit only three of them
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy