Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #61
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISPs ready to crack down on piracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
Usenet sucks. Anything old always ends up damaged or corrupt. It was pretty bad.
Here's what i used...

Giganews as the provider
NBZ Matrix as the .nzb size to download from
Alt.Binz as the program

I never had a corrupt file as long as I downloaded the .pars and had them repaired with Alt.Binz.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #62
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Does this shit apply to zip files?
Yes, if the zip file has copyrighted material in it.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #63
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Time Warner is not doing this. I remember specifically talking to people there, we had criminal complaints (like real crimes) we helped the police get information for. It's time consuming and expensive. The request then came from hollywood to do this for EVERY customer and everything they downloaded. The response was

1) **** you

UNLESS

2) We'll do it if you pay for workers to sift through everything. A lot of workers.

#2 has no chance of happening.

I think this is puffing smoke.

Link?

Maybe you're the one puffing smoke, dude. I'm pretty sure you made up that 1) ... 2) ... 3) response letter. You post this stuff as if you conducted these experiment trails yourself. Answer me this, sir. Do you work alone, or do you require a staff of highly trained, lowly paid, dumb jerks who know damn well they work under you but refuse to call you Leader, or Big Boss Man! Hell, they are your subordinates, are they not, sir?

OMG, FYI, ATM I just realized you don't even have a link. For the record, just so we're all clear, there never was a link to your claims. Maybe you did read all this somewhere, but coming from you, an actual link would make the perfect complement. I love you, you love mink, I so purdy please make me a dwink...

*wink* *wink*

*link* *link*

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #64
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

has anyone ever had to pay a fine because of piracy??
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #65
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
has anyone ever had to pay a fine because of piracy??

My family was sued and had to file pleadings. .
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #66
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Link?

Maybe you're the one puffing smoke, dude. I'm pretty sure you made up that 1) ... 2) ... 3) response letter. You post this stuff as if you conducted these experiment trails yourself. Answer me this, sir. Do you work alone, or do you require a staff of highly trained, lowly paid, dumb jerks who know damn well they work under you but refuse to call you Leader, or Big Boss Man! Hell, they are your subordinates, are they not, sir?

OMG, FYI, ATM I just realized you don't even have a link. For the record, just so we're all clear, there never was a link to your claims. Maybe you did read all this somewhere, but coming from you, an actual link would make the perfect complement. I love you, you love mink, I so purdy please make me a dwink...

*wink* *wink*

*link* *link*

I don't care if you believe me or not. You also can believe they are doing this is you like. I don't work at TWC, i have friends and collesgues who worked there, we were the same company until the spin off. I know people who allocated IT resources (including someone who moved to our group), and they did so for the police, and got a request to look for some specific shows for all the customers, and they rejected it because it was too pricey to do.

You asking for a link is so stupid it's not even funny. I HAD A ****ING CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE. Do your conversations have links?

Again, you don't have to believe me..doesn't bother me. Just don't download.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #67
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing it wrong and it was giganews.

Then you're lying. GigaNews has been tops for many years. They have nearly perfect retention for up to 1,000 days if I remember correct.

Anyway, I don't see how this is any different than before. They've been checking IP's through P2P and sending out letters for years now. I've gotten a few of them.

This doesn't seem any different than before.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #68
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Then you're lying. GigaNews has been tops for many years. They have nearly perfect retention for up to 1,000 days if I remember correct.

Anyway, I don't see how this is any different than before. They've been checking IP's through P2P and sending out letters for years now. I've gotten a few of them.

This doesn't seem any different than before.

Whatever. Yes, i have an agenda to lie to protect people from knowing the truth about TWC, because i'm just like that. Even though we spun them off as a different company and nothing there affects me anymore.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #69
Gina Carano
Banned

Gina Carano has decent reputation

have gotten 2 emails from my intenet provider, but that was around 3 years ago, got them like in 2 weeks apart.. they never said anything about getting a third and disconnecting my internet.. *touch wood*
Gina Carano is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: