Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Red Auerbach's daughter lives in LA, hates the Lakers, doesn't like Kobe and Lebron

http://clnsradio.com/2012/10/22/conv...andy-auerbach/

Quote:
L: Now letís shift to these Celtics, the players over the last few years. How about the new Celtics? How has this group of Celtics, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo and Doc distinguished themselves amongst the many great teams in Celtics lore?

R: I am a huge fan of Doc Rivers. Heís such a class act. He has a lot of integrity and a lot of heart. He has done a fantastic job.

I feel that in the last few years Ė [these Celtics] have been fantastic. They have so much heart and soul when they play. I think itís been great. I love to watch them.

They are very reminiscent of some past teams. They show you donít need the superstars to be successful. You donít need the LeBrons and the Kobes. Five solid players can beat one superstar. And thatís what the Celtics have always been about. Theyíve been about team. And thatís what [these current Celtics] are like. They have been great. Absolutely great.

Quote:
Well, I am an avid Laker-hater, but how do you not love Magic Johnson? I donít like Kobe. He has enormous talent, but I donít enjoy watching him play. Magic you couldnít dislike. I loved watching him play. There was just so much joy when he played, so much explosion. When you see that Ė it doesnít matter who the player is or whom he is playing for. You rarely see that anymore because people are so worried about the media and cameras. So you donít get the same joy as watching Magic or other players.

And I am sorry, but I am not a fan of LeBron. Now heís got one ring, but remember he was not a finisher until this year. Heíd lose concentration in the big moments. I am not convinced yet that heís the best player ever. Would I take him over Russell or Bird or Jordan or Magic? Not even close. Heís still about the cameras, and worried about the media.

Quote:
L: Youíre a fan of the commissioner?

R: A big fan of Davidís. He extends an invitation to the All-Star game every year, which I appreciate because it gives me an opportunity to catch up and to participate in the NBA Cares program.

I supported his decision with Chris Paul, who has done a great thing out here with the Clippers. It was controversial and it took a lot of guts, but I believe it was the right decision.

I donít understand how the Lakers are carrying what they are carrying. I get [the players] for wanting the media and the exposure. Thatís why they want to play for New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. They want to go there for that.

Quote:
L: And lastly, any predictions for the coming NBA season?

R: I hope we can rally and win it. Iíd love to see Doc take another ring home. There are a lot of teams I like a lot. I really dislike the one team that shall go unnamed. I canít help it. Itís such a vitriol reaction for me when they say Lakers. Or when I see purple.

Someone told me a story about Jerry West once, they were handing out NBA shirts, and Jerry West said, ďI canít wear the green one.Ē I am the same way with purple. Itís not going to happen.

The Lakers. I donít know if the Lakers have a strong enough coach to deal with that amount of talent and ego. They could implode. People say coaching doesnít matter when you have all that talent but it does. You need a strong coach.

I happen to like Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. They need to hope Kobe is smart enough to figure out what works for them. For me, I hope he doesnít.
SpecialQue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Red Auerbach's daughter lives in LA, hates the Lakers, doesn't like Kobe and Lebron

so we are supposed to take the opinions of relatives of all time greats seriously now? sorry but who gives a damn what red auerback's daughter thinks about the NBA. her opinion isnt worth squat
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation
Default Re: Red Auerbach's daughter lives in LA, hates the Lakers, doesn't like Kobe and Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
so we are supposed to take the opinions of relatives of all time greats seriously now? sorry but who gives a damn what red auerback's daughter thinks about the NBA. her opinion isnt worth squat

so we are supposed to take the opinions of posters on ish seriously now? sorry but who gives a damn what duma thinks about the NBA. her opinion isnt worth squat
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
And I am sorry, but I am not a fan of LeBron. Now heís got one ring, but remember he was not a finisher until this year. Heíd lose concentration in the big moments. I am not convinced yet that heís the best player ever. Would I take him over Russell or Bird or Jordan or Magic? Not even close. Heís still about the cameras, and worried about the media.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Something about that "They are very reminiscent of some past teams. They show you don’t need the superstars to be successful" comment doesn't quite sit right with me. I get what she is trying to say, but the Celtics dynasties of the 60s and 80s were built around Bill Russell and Larry Bird; arguably two of the six greatest players in NBA history.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sorry, I didn't realize that stat geeks and paid ESPN analysts carried more weight here than people who have intimate, behind the scenes info about legendary coaches and organizations.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Something about that "They are very reminiscent of some past teams. They show you don’t need the superstars to be successful" comment doesn't quite sit right with me. I get what she is trying to say, but the Celtics dynasties of the 60s and 80s were built around Bill Russell and Larry Bird; arguably two of the six greatest players in NBA history.

Not to mention that the Big 3 Celtics are the direct inspiration for the Miami Heat's big 3 and the current superstar hoarding trend.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Same with Bill Simmons..f*ck em
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I like this girl already. Anyone got a pic?
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Why is this thread worthy?
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
Horatio33
Winning>Stats

Horatio33 has an OK reputation so far

Kobe and LeBron stans are mad.
Horatio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Her name is Randy?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Damn this lady's competitive intensity makes KG look like the Bobcats
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik

I like this girl already. Anyone got a pic?
she's a 50 year old hag.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
ashlar
High school junior varsity star

ashlar is starting to rub some people the wrong way

She might as well walk around with a green colored dildo in her mouth. I don't see how she can call the Celtics a family and Lakers not.

She probably looks like Carrot Top.
ashlar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: