Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Default wtf are the GMs on crack

Which team has the best home-court advantage?

1. Oklahoma City -- 70.0%
2. Miami -- 10.0%, Utah -- 10.0%

Also receiving votes: Denver, L.A. Lakers, Portland

Miami has the 2nd best home court advantage in the nba? tied with Utah?

also
Which player is the best pure shooter?

1. Ray Allen, Miami -- 56.7%
2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City -- 20.0%
3. Steve Novak, New York -- 6.7%

Also receiving votes: James Harden, Oklahoma City; Kyle Korver, Atlanta; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas; Klay Thompson, Golden State

durant a better pure shooter than Novak, Nash, Korver and Steph Curry? GTFO

and

Which player makes the most of limited natural ability?

1. Kevin Love, Minnesota -- 34.5%
2. Shane Battier, Miami -- 10.3%
3. Marc Gasol, Memphis -- 6.9%

Also receiving votes: Ryan Anderson, New Orleans; Matt Bonner, San Antonio; Nick Collison, Oklahoma City; Roy Hibbert, Indiana; Jared Dudley, Phoenix; Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City; Danny Green, San Antonio; Chuck Hayes, Sacramento; Kris Humphries, Brooklyn; Paul Millsap, Utah; Steve Nash, L.A. Lakers; Steve Novak, New York; Luis Scola, Phoenix; Anderson Varejao, Cleveland

obviously when you are 7ft tall, super long arms, can move fast and jump out of the gym, its limited natural ability

Last edited by Rekindled : 10-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Default Re: wtf are the GMs on crack

That's a big lol right there. The 5000 fans that show up to Heat games must cheer really loud I guess...
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
That's a big lol right there. The 5000 fans that show up to Heat games must cheer really loud I guess...

on a second thought, maybe miami's home court advantage is that opposing team players usually party in south beach till very late the night before and are tired for the game.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Whats wrong with this? Utah and OKC have great fans who create fine atmosphere, Kevin Love averages 15 rpg and isn't exactly built like Howard and Durant is a better shooter than Novak etc..
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
28renyoy
Banned

The truth is that we have no idea how good of a shooter Durant would be if he were put in a Novak type role. Durant's 3P% is only 38-39~ because he takes a ton of contested 3's in ISO sets. Novak is nothing but a spot up shooter. The guy is assisted on 96% of his shots for christs sakes

I mean you're comparing people that are assisted on 80-90% of their shots to a guy that's assisted to on less than half of his. Although I would agree that Steve Nash is a better shooter than Durant and probably the best shooter in the NBA

As for Durant being a limited athlete..well thats lol worthy

Last edited by 28renyoy : 10-23-2012 at 01:49 PM.
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Durant would shoot at least 42-45% on 3's if he had novak's role. Leaving curry off was a mistake though

The limited physical gifts vote for durant is probably due to his lack of muscle (which isn't really pronounced anymore but old opinions die hard)
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
The truth is that we have no idea how good of a shooter Durant would be if he were put in a Novak type role. Durant's 3P% is only 38-39~ because he takes a ton of contested 3's in ISO sets. Novak is nothing but a spot up shooter. The guy is assisted on 96% of his shots for christs sakes

I mean you're comparing people that are assisted on 80-90% of their shots to a guy that's assisted to on less than half of his. Although I would agree that Steve Nash is a better shooter than Durant and probably the best shooter in the NBA

As for Durant being a limited athlete..well thats lol worthy
Durant has some of the best physical tools in the game. Don't know where the limited athlete part came from... His combination of height, length, and quickness is unmatched in this league, and you would have a hard time finding someone with that combination in sports history. He is not exactly the most explosive leaper, and he isn't lightning fast in the open court, but he is still in the top half of the league in those categories.

Oh and I do agree with the rest of your post btw, which actually is kind of weird because I never agree with anything you say. Novak is a very good shooter, but I think in the same role Durant would be up near 60% from 3.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
DuMa
Canned

home court advantage just means in the GMs' eyes the ability to win a large percentage of games on your home floor. NOTHING else. attendance and crowd noise factors nothing into that.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: