Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Were there ever any suspicion about Wilt using roids in his post-nba career ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Chamberlain had a heart condition from his playing days. He nearly retired back in the 60's because of this. There was an interview on you tube where he talks about this. I couldn't find it. Lots of big men have heart issues. Life expectancy is usually lower for very big men.
The video was removed when Youtube cracked down on all the NBA channels and I'm not sure if I was able to save it (I'm at work right now so I can't check) but here's a newspaper article when his "severe" heart problem became public news. It actually happened in 1964 (he had to spend weeks in an ER) but before this time (1972), the public was only informed it was a pancreatic problem or something but that was a cover story for him at the time. That is also why in the middle of his prime he was traded to the Sixers, had nothing to do with his abilities at that time - it just wasn't clear whether hed ever be able to play again.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...72%2C618956 0
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Were there ever any suspicion about Wilt using roids in his post-nba career ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
It does though since most cyclists died way below the average life expectancy. Which is what led to "thougher" drugs test from the cycling world. And which is why PED aren't quite accepted either. Because it was lowering the age of their athletes.
See my link I just posted... Wilt had heart problems likely his entire life, it was discovered in 1964 after he fell ill as a result (suffered a heart attack maybe?). This is long before roids were all the rage. The guy was just born gifted (and cursed) at the same time. The body of a god at the expense of a faulty and probably often over-stressed heart. He had unheard of stamina when u read articles about him (working young kareem to death up an down the floor etc), probably had some funky wiring with his circulatory system that gave him such an awesome prime but was destined to be short lived. He was supposed to get a pace maker in the 90's but he kept putting it off
Old 10-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
See my link I just posted... Wilt had heart problems likely his entire life, it was discovered in 1964 after he fell ill as a result l

I see. Though, you will note I never once even said Wilt roided in his playing career. Nor did I say he roided after it. Just asked if there were concerns he might have roided seeing all the things I wrote. And Roids were the rage in the 80's and late 70's.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I see. Though, you will note I never once even said Wilt roided in his playing career. Nor did I say he roided after it. Just asked if there were concerns he might have roided seeing all the things I wrote. And Roids were the rage in the 80's and late 70's.
I know what you said - I just gave u more info thats all
Old 10-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

And I'm grateful towards you for it (not sure of the correct spelling here haha)
Old 10-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

He was 48...not 98. Kids
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #22
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
He was 48...not 98. Kids
Ya but he is abnormally in shape and buff for your typical 48 year old retired athlete, heres shaq at 38

Old 10-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #23
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We know Arnold was doing roids consistently. Wilt may have dabbled with it, you never know.

From a basketball perspective, taking steroids is vastly overrated, outside of improving injury recovery time.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #24
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
From a basketball perspective, taking steroids is vastly overrated, outside of improving injury recovery time.

He wasn't playing Bball professionally when he was 48..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He wasn't playing Bball professionally when he was 48..

I wasn't referring to Wilt, just Basketball players in general.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable

its common knowledge herschell is a roid freak

not only is this NOT true but the opposite is true

HW didn't really lift weights in college or in the pros....

he does and did an INSANE calisthenics routine..

dude had a pretty injury free long career....and nfl is brutal on people's bodies....
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: