Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default What will you be following in the NBA this season?

My list:

1) Lakers: Obviously this will be a very interesting team to watch, to see how Nash transforms the team, to see how Dwight benefits from such great playmaking teammates, and to see how Kobe will adjust in this role.

2) Heat: Will check to see if Lebron is slowing down. Will he take the big shots this season or pass them? Wade - was last season a fluke of injuries, or is he really getting old and not coming back? Ray Allen- how he will benefit from having Lebron and Wade.

3) Sixers: How will Bynum fare as the main main without Kobe and Pau? Can he hold his own?

4) Rockets: Jeremy Lin, how will he fare being the face of the franchise, the starting point guard?

5) Others: Thunder, Celtics, Clippers. How will they improve this year?

Those are the main things I will be interested in following this season. What's yours?
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
starks2for18
Can barely lace up my sneakers

starks2for18 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What will you be following in the NBA this season?

1) How Doug Collins continues to mold the 76ers

2) How long it takes MSG to turn on Raymond Felton

3) How Denver turns out
starks2for18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is considered somewhat coollilgodfather1 is considered somewhat coollilgodfather1 is considered somewhat cool

I'm very interested to see the dynamics between Kyrie Irving, and Dion Waiters. I'm also very excited to see my countryman's improvements from his rookie year. Finally Tyler Zeller is very intriguing.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Mr Know It All
Local High School Star

Mr Know It All has decent reputationMr Know It All has decent reputation

Other than the mandatory following the Heat and Lakers that will come with how the media covers them, I will follow:

1) The Raptors and their growth, particularly interested in watching Lowry and the development of Valanciunas

2) The Mavericks and their new personnel, and Dirk Nowitzki coming back to health. Really believe they can be decent despite last year's disappointments and missing out on Deron Williams.

3) The 76ers and how Bynum plays. I know everyone is interested in this but I love watching dominant big men, and I really hope he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight this year.

4) The Warriors and the evolution of Steph Curry. The guy is such a nice player such a shame he's been bogged down by injuries. Hope he can keep it together this year.

Apart from that, always like watching the rookies and the Lin BS in Houston should be entertaining enough.
Mr Know It All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Dukem
I brick open layups

Dukem has an OK reputation so far

1) The Bulls - Favorite team but it'll also be interesting to see how well they adapt to playing without Derrick Rose.

2) Sacramento Kings - Major soft spot for them, a young team that should improve this year but will still miss out on the play-offs

3) La Lakers - Should get to WCF at least, Nash running the offense and Kobe closing games (albeit not as much as he used to) and Howard defending the paint, they'll be hard to beat.

4) OKC - Westbrook will have a better season than he had last year and Durant is Durant so he will be a scoring machine again.
Dukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

1) Hawks, my team
2) Utah, Marvin Williams
3) Nuggets, most exciting team to watch
4) Sixers, Bynum, plus I really like the team as a whole
5) Heat, I live in South Florida, so it's on the local channels

Other than that, I watch the highlights for every single game on nba.com

Last edited by fsvr54 : 10-23-2012 at 06:24 PM.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There are lots of interesting teams this year, I do not know which team choose to follow. I will try to watch some games of each team. I'm that kind of basketball fan who likes to see young teams grow, teams like Jazz, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets, Wolves and some others. I'm less interested in seeing those stacked teams, but still can be fun.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
WolfGang
I hit open 5-footers

WolfGang has not been impressing people

New Orleans. I'll predict Davis averages 15pts, 11reb and 2blks a game. Rivers coming off the bench will probably rank in 9pts, 3asts. We could make the playoffs this year.

OKC. Durant took his loss and I want to see where his game is this year. I see Durant averaging 24pts, 7reb, 6asts. Westbrook will be Westbrook and he might outscore Durant. I don't see his game changing much.

Chicago. Derrick...Rose...should sit out for about half the season if the coaches and trainers are smart. His absence will give Rip time to adjust to the team. They shouldn't miss the playoffs.

Houston. I love Houston as a team. I'm really excited to see Jeremy Lin and Lamb play. I'll give Lin 14pts, 7asts a game. Martin will do his thing and should score more this season. I have high expectations for Lamb if he comes off the bench.
WolfGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Lakers
Heat
Rubio

...in that order.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

OKC - My team
Portland - Team I have a soft spot for, some young guns who look very promising and LMA
Golden State - I like their roster, should be an exciting team.
Celtics - Another team I enjoy, hope they can take out the Heat in the East.
Denver - Great all-round team, should make some noise.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
New Orleans. I'll predict Davis averages 15pts, 11reb and 2blks a game. Rivers coming off the bench will probably rank in 9pts, 3asts. We could make the playoffs this year.

No you cant
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
WolfGang
I hit open 5-footers

WolfGang has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No you cant
LMFAO! That's cold blooded. Why not?

@maybeshewill Portland has that Lillard kid and he seems promising. Keep an eye on him.

Last edited by WolfGang : 10-23-2012 at 07:56 PM.
WolfGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
LMFAO! That's cold blooded. Why not?

@maybeshewill Portland has that Lillard kid and he seems promising. Keep an eye on him.

OKC, SAS, Denver, LaL, Dallas, LAC, Memphis, Utah, Minnesota, GSW.

10 teams, only 8 make the playoffs. I dont see how NOH are any better than Sacremento. Nice talent on the team no doubt about it. But there is no way that team makes playoffs out West.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputationavonbarksdale has a very bad reputation

raptors
lakers
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I Will Be Following:
  • Derrick Rose's knee
  • The Sixer's with Bynum
  • The Nuggets with Andre
  • The Buck's with Ellis and BJ3
  • The rankings in the East
  • Who will win the West?
  • Various rookies
  • Will the Jazz compete?

This looks to be an interesting season.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: