Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Would Kobe be willing to be a 6th man?

I think Brown will have two of our stars on the floor at all times anyways...at least he should.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #17
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehyaM24
you know what's funny? i was thinking they should do (or have done) something like this in miami. sitting wade would benefit lebron and solidify the heats bench.

with the lakers? im not sure. they need all the scoring they can get. pau gasol and nash are shells of their former selves.
I know it's just pre season but Nash looks in good form. I think with Howard they will compliment each other perfectly. I don't look for Nash to be a scorer. I just see him making Howard absolutely unstoppable. This is a guy who made Gortat appear relevant just last year. And now he is playing with Super Man.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
fsvr54
Decent college freshman

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yep....

Best Playmakers of All-Time:

1. Magic Johnson
2. Kobe Bryant

That should be the top 2 on anyone's list. No questions asked.

fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
I know it's just pre season but Nash looks in good form. I think with Howard they will compliment each other perfectly. I don't look for Nash to be a scorer. I just see him making Howard absolutely unstoppable. This is a guy who made Gortat appear relevant just last year. And now he is playing with Super Man.

I'd like Brown to run more plays for Nash, and not the other way around. We need to utilize his shooting ability more, he's by far our best shooter. 4-5 shot attempts per game isn't going to cut it.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #20
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

I really made a serious thread. I wouldn't have made it if LA's bench was amazing or something. It is a sad day when LA's bench is gonna miss Matt Barnes. When have Nash's teams lacked scoring when he is on the court? That has always been the Sun's problem is the moment the bench comes on it is a 15 point swing. This has already happened to them even though it's pre season. It will be a trend. The bench is terrible.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #21
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
I really made a serious thread. I wouldn't have made it if LA's bench was amazing or something. It is a sad day when LA's bench is gonna miss Matt Barnes. When have Nash's teams lacked scoring when he is on the court? That has always been the Sun's problem is the moment the bench comes on it is a 15 point swing. This has already happened to them even though it's pre season. It will be a trend. The bench is terrible.

It would make more sense to have Nash as the 6th man. He's the perfect player to have around a bunch of mediocre players. They can utilize his talents far better. Let Kobe be the playmaker for Howard & Gasol mostly, and then always have either Pau or Dwight on the floor with Nash and the bench mob.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #22
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
It would make more sense to have Nash as the 6th man. He's the perfect player to have around a bunch of mediocre players. They can utilize his talents far better. Let Kobe be the playmaker for Howard & Gasol mostly, and then always have either Pau or Dwight on the floor with Nash and the bench mob.
Really? You would rather have Kobe and Howard pick and roll over Nash? Kobe is one of the best players of all-time at making a shot for himself. Those bench players can't be saved by old man Nash.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

I just don't want to hear any of you crying when the bench blows regular season games for LA and makes them a 3 or 4th seed and they end up losing to OKC without HCA.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Really? You would rather have Kobe and Howard pick and roll over Nash? Kobe is one of the best players of all-time at making a shot for himself. Those bench players can't be saved by old man Nash.

It's just your perspective, and I'm not disagreeing with you at all.
I just think Nash would embrace that role far better then Kobe would. Nash would get the bench involved far more and therefore increase their confidence. Kobe would most likely create shots for himself and neglect the role players far more then Nash would.

Do you see what I'm saying?
Nash could still play with Howard 20+ minutes even if he comes off the bench. Howard when healthy could easily play 40 MPG.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #25
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

If they had someone good enough to "hit three's/ and or play defense" and start, why wouldn't they just put him on the bench anyway?
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #26
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #27
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

I know this Kennethgriffin dude is ridiculous but before Kobe became obsessed with being THE GUY he was a fantastic play maker to watch.

The nature of that team was somewhat you had to run plays for Shaq so that kind of limited what he did but when he got to run the game it was brilliant.

Cut's , drives , horizontal spins from the post making quick reads and getting the ball to shooters .Was a joy to watch.

There's a difference between play maker and point guard ,Kobe was never one to control tempo or even really handle the ball economically but he knew how to use it if he got it in his spots.

I was actually kind of hoping that now he could get back to doing just that somewhat, instead of the scoring ball he's been playing for the last 8 or so years.

It won't make him better statistically but if he can get it in the right areas and attack from there it would sure as hell be better.

Nash may actually do a decent job running the bench.

Guys like Hill and Ebanks cut hard and he'll likely have either Pau or Dwight at any point in time....and he has his shooter in Meeks as well. More importantly he won't need to run simple handoffs to Kobe or Dwight which really isn't his game.

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 10-23-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia ©

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

You guys are actually taking this troll serious?
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Will the OP ever stop posting garbage?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #30
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Kobe won't even settle for 2th man fvck 6th.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: