Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Would Kobe be willing to be a 6th man?

Hell no, he said it himself... the day he has to even consider it he would rather retire..
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #32
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Hell no, he said it himself... the day he has to even consider it he would rather retire..
I doubt he said that any time recently. His tone recently sounds like he is willing to do whatever it takes to win a 6th ring. I would rather have Kobe Bryant's scoring off the bench then how good Nash could make those players. I just don't see it really. They make Gortat seem like a god. I mean Ebanks really? I wouldn't mind Kobe being in the starting rotation if the bench issues were fixed. But something needs to be done. Nash and Howard is pretty much the only combo that matters. Howard is like an Amare that plays defense and rebounds. Kobe doesn't need Nash to make his shot for him. He can light up anyone at any given time. Even more so if he is going up against bench players. He would probably score like 24 a game on 65% shooting.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #33
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Why the fu*k would you have the leagues 2nd leading scorer come off the bench?
He's arguably still the games best sg. Wade was shit and injured last year! ( in b4 butthurt heat stans cry about that!)

The way he plays he can still be a dominant force for years..
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #34
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Why the fu*k would you have the leagues 2nd leading scorer come off the bench?
He's arguably still the games best sg. Wade was shit and injured last year! ( in b4 butthurt heat stans cry about that!)

The way he plays he can still be a dominant force for years..
Yes but it's the situation and to benefit the TEAM. The bench struggles to SCORE. So they need the league's 2nd leading SCORER.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #35
TheWINdyCity
Contested Fadaway

TheWINdyCity has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsvr54

Someone's not in on the joke apparently
TheWINdyCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #36
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
Meeks, Kobe, Ebanks, Jamison, Hill

is a bench I would like to have. Then they can sign some scrub starter that all he can do is hit three's/ and or play defense. They should do it like the Manu or Harden thing.

LOL, only if they changed the rule to have 6 instead of 5 players on the court.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #37
stickfigure87
I hit open layups

stickfigure87 has an OK reputation so far

i don't think this is a bad idea.

gasol is too good to be a 4th option. also, as much as i like kobe, the guy breaks offensive flow (generally because we've had no pg and he was going iso/scorer mode all day).

kobe + gasol/howard + jamison would feast on the 2nd unit.

he could still be in the 4th, but it makes no sense to have all that offensive firepower in the first unit when there's only one ball. then, to give up every lead cause no one on the second unit can do anything to put the ball in the bucket.

6th man doesn't mean 6th best player.
stickfigure87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #38
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

How is the concept of resting 1 or 2 of your starters early, so that they can run with the bench, lost with ISH posters? ... and Mike Brown, for that matter.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #39
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Nash would be better suited running the 2nd unit than Kobe. Nash and Gasol in the 2nd unit and Kobe Dwight in the first. Lakers would suffer no drop off and would blow teams out like crazy.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #40
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickfigure87
i don't think this is a bad idea.

gasol is too good to be a 4th option. also, as much as i like kobe, the guy breaks offensive flow (generally because we've had no pg and he was going iso/scorer mode all day).

kobe + gasol/howard + jamison would feast on the 2nd unit.

he could still be in the 4th, but it makes no sense to have all that offensive firepower in the first unit when there's only one ball. then, to give up every lead cause no one on the second unit can do anything to put the ball in the bucket.

6th man doesn't mean 6th best player.
Exactly.I want Kobe to come off the bench because I know he can create his OWN shot better then anyone in the NBA. He doesn't need Nash to create for him. He actually prefers them contested. And the kind of guy he likes to pass to are players like Jamison who can hit the 3. I don't think Nash could generate enough scoring off the bench. He isn't the type who likes to score. He would keep passing to the worst players of that terrible bench and it would be like he was in PHX last year. It would be hard to watch.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: