Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
Soooo, against the bulls in pre-season action with maybe a suspect groin Harden explodes for 2-17 playing starter minutes against a probable bulls lineup.
While it might not prove anything or show much, I feel he has stayed missing since going on a early holiday in Miami last year. I personally dont feel he can be a first option and I do not feel he is worth a max contract. I hope we ship him out for picks or something rather than potentially tieing up our money into 3 jump shooters and a developing big.
I dunno bout other OKC fans out there, but I aint feeling this guy no more. I hope Perry Jones can develop into a serviceable 6th man and I hope OKC spends the cash on a C/Low post threat.
This doesn't necessarily pertain to the thread topic.
Last night was interesting to watch, for sure. I wouldn't take a whole lot from it, though.
A few things:
1. It was his third preseason game.
2. He played the majority of his minutes with Perkins and Thabo, which is not ideal personnel to have on the floor with a player like James. Not to mention Chicago was using whoever was guarding Perkins or Thabo to throw double teams and traps at Harden.
3. He still got some good looks that just weren't falling last night for whatever reason. Hopefully he's still not hungover from his piss poor Finals performance and the partying he did in Miami.
4. Despite the awful shooting numbers, he still had 7 assists and 7 rebounds and made some nice plays down the stretch dishing off to teammates after breaking down the defense and getting into the lane.
5. I did notice he settled for more jumpers than we're accustomed to seeing. On plays he'd normally try to get all the way to basket, he was stopping and settling or 12-17 foot jumpers.
The more I see of Perry Jones, the more excited I get about him falling to us that late in the 1st round. His shot wasn't falling last night, but he still had some impressive finishes in traffic at the rim.
And how about Serge? His offensive game has looked better than ever in the preseason. And those corner threes? He's averaging 16.2 ppg on 59% shooting and he's 4/6 from three.