Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #16
FinishHim!
I dunk on kids

FinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this board
Default Re: Open Court - Shaq's at it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
But at least the shit he says next week isn't that outrageous.
He says Kevin Durant only does one thing well. He doesn't put up Bron numbers (obviously, nobody does) but the dude stepped it up last season. 28ppg, 8 boards, 3.5 assists, 1.2 blocks, 1.3 steals. He shoots almost .500 from the field. Dude does a lot of things well.
FinishHim! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #17
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinishHim!
He says Kevin Durant only does one thing well. He doesn't put up Bron numbers (obviously, nobody does) but the dude stepped it up last season. 28ppg, 8 boards, 3.5 assists, 1.2 blocks, 1.3 steals. He shoots almost .500 from the field. Dude does a lot of things well.
Been saying this all year. Guy is overrated. Not saying he isn't a top 5 player but he isn't anywhere near as good as people were saying last year.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #18
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Don't see the big deal. He was on that team and he's confident. So what? Completely different from him saying Lopez > Howard, which has nothing to do with him.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The 96 Dream Team is a million times better than the 94 team. The only player on the 94 team who even makes the first Dream Team is Shaq. Maybe Reggie is in for Mullin. And if you wanna throw them a bone, then Laettner could be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Nobody could guard Shaq on the DT1.

Shaq wasn't even in his prime then. Ewing and Robinson just about were. Shaq was not a better player in 94 than either of those two were in 92. And no one is going to say he was much better (was Shaq better than Robinson in 94? NOO). Let's see 3peat Shaq dominate the way he did against prime Ewing and Robinson. It wouldn't be so easy for him. Especially not in 94. He's not confident; he's delusional.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool

I don't think the idea is so far-fetched. I don't know why all this talk about the 2012 team got so serious over the summer, the biggest threat to the 1992 team is the 96 team. As much as we talk about the original's interior advantage, how's this for interior play:

Shaq
David Robinson
Hakeem
Malone
Barkley

Then you had prime Grant Hill( or close enough to it) Penny Hardaway at his best, prime Pippen, Gary Payton, Stockton, Reggie Miller and Mitch Richmond bombing from deep. And you're telling me that team couldn't beat the 1992 team? I don't know about in a series, but just a one-off game or handful of games? Damn right they could.

Last edited by Dragonyeuw : 10-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
vincentda
Decent playground baller

vincentda has decent reputationvincentda has decent reputation

I don't think it's far fetched at all and the fact that most people don't even know the difference between DT2 & DT3 shows how familiar they were with the Dream Teams.

Here's something I wrote before the episode aired when I saw the preview.
http://ballislife.com/shaq-reggie-mi...at-dream-team/

On the upcoming episode of NBATV’s “Open Court” Shaq stated that Dream Team 2 would beat Dream Team. Now most people are used to hearing Shaq make ridiculous better than statements such as Brook Lopez over Dwight Howard and we know he has a tendency to say whatever he’s a part of is the best ever BUT I not only agree with this statement but I’ve been saying it for almost 2 decades and have written about it numerous times in the past 10 years.

This opinion of mine isn’t based off looking at a sheet of paper or pulling up a webpage that shows rosters either. I watched and recorded every televised Dream Team 1, 2 & 3 game. If you watched these games you will know that Dream Team 2 didn’t just kill their competition they chose how they wanted to kill their competition. They would go big in the first half with Shaq, Zo, DC & Kemp and let Shaq get 30 and then sit them out the 2nd half so Reggie Miller could score 30 in the 2nd half.

Everybody is going to blast Shaq on this and give Reggie a free pass but Reggie is on the Open Court panel and agreed with Shaq on this. They didn’t get to Steve Smith yet who also “played” on the team but it will be interesting to hear his thoughts since he was always the odd man out that would only get a few minutes at the end of games when they were up by 30+. He did Slam Magazine a few year ago “There was no pressure on ‘were we gonna win a gold medal? It was just how we were gonna win a gold medal.”

It will also be really interesting to hear what Chuck says about this since he’s very proud of his expereince with Dream Team and has always been very critical of other teams even the 96 Dream Team 3 which he once called an embarrassment because of all the off the court drama. Although he never called out Shaq, Oneal was the main person complaining about minutes to Lenny Wilkins who wanted Robinson to have a great final Olympic moment.

Can’t wait for the episode!

In the meantime, I want to share my favorite Shaq/Dream Team 2 story. DT2 had no problem beating up on Puerto Rico by 51 point. Reggie Miller, coming off a game where he hit 8-11 3 pointers in a half, outscored the Puerto Rico team 26-25 at halftime. That 40 point lead must of sparked something in the head of 6’2 guard Orlando Vega who decided to take on the USA team – Dan Majerle in particular. He scored a couple shots on Dan and then started talking trash to him wanting Dan to go one-on-one with him. Dan passed the ball and Vega celebrated and glared at the bench. Then Vega blocked a shot of Shaq’s after a foul call and glared at Shaq and then all hell broke loose. Shaq and Dan would exchange monster dunks and beyond the NBA 3 point line bombs while Vega started throwing up hail mary layups. Chuck Daly doing commentary had a great quote about Vega and the DT2 when he said Vega needs to be careful before they send in Joe Dumars to shut him down. That was the chaotic beauty of DT2. They were unstoppable however they wanted on the offensive end and if they wanted to shut you down they could choose to do so.
vincentda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #22
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Shaq's only rebuttal is "STOP IT"

arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

The 1996 Team was the second best USA Team ever.

They certainly would have had at least had a chance to beat the Dream Team.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #24
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
I don't think the idea is so far-fetched. I don't know why all this talk about the 2012 team got so serious over the summer, the biggest threat to the 1992 team is the 96 team. As much as we talk about the original's interior advantage, how's this for interior play:

Shaq
David Robinson
Hakeem
Malone
Barkley

Then you had prime Grant Hill( or close enough to it) Penny Hardaway at his best, prime Pippen, Gary Payton, Stockton, Reggie Miller and Mitch Richmond bombing from deep. And you're telling me that team couldn't beat the 1992 team? I don't know about in a series, but just a one-off game or handful of games? Damn right they could.

Dream Team III, yes. But Shaq was talking about Dream Team II:

Shaq/Zo
Kemp/DC/LJ
Nique/Majerle
Reggie/Joe/Smith
KJ.Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentda
I don't think it's far fetched at all and the fact that most people don't even know the difference between DT2 & DT3 shows how familiar they were with the Dream Teams.

Dream Team II gets swept. With respect to your opinion, there is no argument that could be made for them. None at all. Their best player was not better in 94 than either Ewing or (much less) Robinson were.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 10-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

If he had said the 96 team i may have believed him

but the 94
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #26
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinishHim!
HAHA, I love next weeks preview... They might as well have one of those deep voices like "next time on open court, Shaq disses another superstar and talks over the guy trying to debate him.. Oh wait is that next weeks episode? or last weeks? i don't remember anymore."
Shaq's niche is the guy who says outrageous stuff now.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Dream Team III, yes. But Shaq was talking about Dream Team II:

Shaq/Zo
Kemp/DC/LJ
Nique/Majerle
Reggie/Joe/Smith
KJ.Price

The OP references the 96 team, which is Dream team III. I'm only going off what is stated in the opening post. If Shaq was talking Dream team II, as in the the 94 team that went to the World Championships in Canada( and I saw live).....no chance.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
FinishHim!
I dunk on kids

FinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
Shaq's niche is the guy who says outrageous stuff now.
He's trying to be the new Charles Barkley.

And yes, correction I meant DT2 in the original post. I said that earlier on the first page.
FinishHim! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #29
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Joe Dumars would lead them nikkas to victory. Dream Team 2 was such a good team.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #30
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Is this from the new episode of open court? Like the 3rd episode?
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: