Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I think Dwight stays, but what circumstances could cause him to leave?

What situations can you see which would convince Dwight to leave LA? Anything? Any teams with space that are appealing? Kobe?

I don't think he will leave, i am saying IF he were to leave, why? In your opinion...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I think Dwight stays, but what circumstances could cause him to leave?

Media scrutiny (criticism) and failure to win...
Basically no other market besides New York and Boston can offer Dwight as much as the Lakers can in terms of spot light, endorsements and a winning culture.

So him leaving will have nothing to do with monetary compensation, it will have to do with him having internal problems with the organization (coach, teammate's etc.) or media scrutiny (pressure of winning).

I think getting Nash is the icing on the cake though. Dwight will have a lot of fun playing with Steve, and by the time he retires...Kobe will most likely call it quits as well. In 2014, guys like Westbrook and James will be free agents and LA will have the flexibility to pair him up with the next star for the remainder of his career.

He really is in a great situation, he isn't leaving LA.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I think Dwight stays, but what circumstances could cause him to leave?

He would really have to want to live somewhere else.

He would have to get tired of Kobe.

Tired of the media.

If they win, maybe he decides he wants his own path. Of that I'm serious.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

1). They win, Kobe gets all the credit.

2). Kobe takes ball bogging to new heights.

3). If a team like the heat or thunder embarrass them in the playoffs.

But at the end of the day. He's not leaving.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Media scrutiny (criticism) and failure to win...
Basically no other market besides New York and Boston can offer Dwight as much as the Lakers can in terms of spot light, endorsements and a winning culture.

So him leaving will have nothing to do with monetary compensation, it will have to do with him having internal problems with the organization (coach, teammate's etc.) or media scrutiny (pressure of winning).

I think getting Nash is the icing on the cake though. Dwight will have a lot of fun playing with Steve, and by the time he retires...Kobe will most likely call it quits as well. In 2014, guys like Westbrook and James will be free agents and LA will have the flexibility to pair him up with the next star for the remainder of his career.

He really is in a great situation, he isn't leaving LA.

This exactly, except calling the Knicks a winning culture made me vomit my lunch in my mouth a bit.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
What situations can you see which would convince Dwight to leave LA? Anything? Any teams with space that are appealing? Kobe?

I don't think he will leave, i am saying IF he were to leave, why? In your opinion...
well isn't kobe retiring soon? i'm pretty sure mitch is ready to build around dwight, so what other team can be more appealing than having his own franchise? i've never been a fan of the lakers but i do give them props for the trades they have made. a lot of good FA's should be available by the time nash and kobe leave.

only concern is perhaps the media, they're everywhere in LA. dwight should keep in mind that they will be on him 24/7.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

I can't see any scenario where he leaves for 2 reasons:

1. Nobody is better at bringing in talent into their organization than the Lakers. Possibly a couple of years down the road ... Kevin Love? Russell Westbrook?
2. Nobody can offer more money to him.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Mike Brown gets fired, and in order to attract fans lost through the whole TWC monopoly of games, Lakers management(namely Jim Buss) hire interim coach, Shaquille O'neal, to boost ratings.

Otherwise, I think hes pretty set on making his home in LA for the next handful of years.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If he wants to play with Chris Paul, I can see Mark Cuban trying to lure the 2 of them to Dallas.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
tomtucker
NBA sixth man of the year

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

what circumstances could cause him to leave ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He impregnates Vanessa Bryant
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the team underacheives and loses badly in round two to the Clips or something then he may think what direction is this team going? but by 2014 there is cap space to work with.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

- media scrutiny/image and expectations

- friendships on the court (is he going to bond? he seemed to covet duhon, hedo and davis in orlando)

- mike brown

can't really see many other major factors from those. even if they have a disappointing season, this is the lakers. they're going to spend money and they have a championship pedigree. i don't think he'd be super down if they didn't make the finals his first year there.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
what circumstances could cause him to leave ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He impregnates Vanessa Bryant

DING, DING, DING! we have a winner!
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #14
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man

TheFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
1). They win, Kobe gets all the credit.

Glad im not the only person that sees a scenario where they win and Howard still leaves... Howard wants to win, but he wants to be the Batman, he wants to be there with the MVP finals trophy and the role players jumping around him.
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #15
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

There is really only one situation where I see him leaving, and that is if he REALLY wants to be Batman AND wants to play with a prime PG.

Dallas, Cleveland, and Atlanta are three teams that can offer Dwight the opportunity to play with a star PG (CP3), and in the case of Dallas a star PF. Dallas's problem is Dwight might not be seen as Batman on Dirk's team (same as Kobe's team). Atlanta may be the best bet for them because Cleveland might not want to sign CP3 due to Kyrie.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: