Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Knee Sleeve / Support recommendations

Background: I'm 30 yrs old, heavy build, doubles tennis 3x a week, basketball once a week. Starting to get constant knee pain more on the medial sides of the left and right knees. There's also pain on the lateral side but not so much.

I get more pain on the left knee, probably because my left leg is slightly longer than the right.

The pain is a lingering type, kinda acts up when bending the knees.

Any recommendations on what to get? The pain used to act up only after basketball but now feeling it after tennis. Only injury was a partial MCL tear on my right knee some 5 years ago.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knee Sleeve / Support recommendations

I have a week right knee too, and the only knee sleeve I've ever tried is the Shock Doctor closed patella, so unfortunately I don't have any expertise or anything to compare them to. What I can tell you is that the Shock Doctors work well for me, only problem is they slip a bit when you're sweaty. Not sure about someone with such a history of knee problems though.

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctor-C...closed+patella
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
buckmcnasty
Can barely lace up my sneakers

buckmcnasty has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Knee Sleeve / Support recommendations

ive two of the genetrain 92 dollars one.. but if your serious with getting optimal protection i would suggest these. Do the research with these sites to better make the right decision. personally I would spend extra money to protect the knee.

http://www.braceability.com/knee-bra...raps?brand=304

http://www.bauerfeindusa.com/en/home.html

PS. Measure your knee correctly, as the sizes differ greatly
buckmcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: