Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
ispin69
Banned

ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Kendrick Lamar's verse about Arron Afflalo

Who the hell is Shyne? Tell me when he makes a hit. Wasn't he in jail for 15 years or something? Turned Muslim lol. Looks like someone wants some publicity. He dropped an album recently too. Not getting any views. Trash sure knows trash.

ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Great verse. People don't seem to understand that NBA players were also great students since they have to get into D1 college

Quote:
You still have to be on your school grind. I remember a kid who averaged 30/15/5 as a senior and he's playing community college basketball right now. Those minimum requirements are still very great grades

Some are, some aren't

The minimum requirements are not great grades. 2.0 GPA and a 1010 SAT (terrible). They are changing it to a 2.3 and a sliding scale for the SAT/ACT in 2016

Last edited by Court Vision : 10-24-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
there is a huge difference between being a great student and getting the minimum requirements to go to school on an athletic scholarship

You still have to pass and meet some type of requirements, which for some inner city schools and kids, like Kendrick - who apparently was too busy skipping class, that is a lot.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #19
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Stop trying to hate on whatever is popular.

The truth of the matter is its one of the most cohesive rap albums ever. With all the producing talent he had come in on the album, and still make the CD sound as if its all one big transition is quite amazing. Haven't seen that from a rap album in a while, or ever to this extent.

Album is a classic.
I knew this would get to people, lol.

I wouldn't go as far as Shyne saying the album is trash.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #20
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You still have to be on your school grind. I remember a kid who averaged 30/15/5 as a senior and he's playing community college basketball right now. Those minimum requirements are still very great grades
I'm guessing you got low grade standards..... the minimum requirements are like Cs and like a below average SAT or something.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_..._Standards.pdf

Read that, it's like really low......
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
Court Vision
#KnicksTape

Court Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat coolCourt Vision is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
You still have to pass and meet some type of requirements, which for some inner city schools and kids, like Kendrick - who apparently was too busy skipping class, that is a lot.

A retard could pass the NCAAs requirements.

If you can't meet them, you don't deserve to play major college basketball, let alone be anywhere near a respected University classroom.
Court Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #22
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

but yet Shyne had arguable the worst verse of 2011 in that Carter 4 shit

Last edited by Bigsmoke : 10-24-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispin69
Who the hell is Shyne? Tell me when he makes a hit. Wasn't he in jail for 15 years or something? Turned Muslim lol. Looks like someone wants some publicity. He dropped an album recently too. Not getting any views. Trash sure knows trash.

Lol at pretending you dont know who shyne is then immediately contradicting yourself.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #24
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
but yet Shine had arguable the worst verse of 2011 in that Carter 4 shit
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #25
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos

how is that new Meek Mill?

i'm going to download it tomorrow morning

I dont use my personal computer to get albums
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #26
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I don't care what was said or who said what in the media.

Its more your posing and supposed agreeing with the statement that I'm referring to. You can't make up your own opinions. Plus your shtick on here is played out and I actually think you like all these new rap albums since you always comment on them.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #27
ispin69
Banned

ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Lol at pretending you dont know who shyne is then immediately contradicting yourself.

I had to look him up.
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #28
TonyD
High School Varsity 12th Man

TonyD has an OK reputation so far

I don't think some people were expecting the album to be so laid-back and down-tempo. I wasn't really feeling the album samples, but after listening to the full retail release I think think the album is masterful. Props to Kendrick for living up to the hype, unlike Wale, J. Cole, Big KRIT and Slaughterhouse (they all had better mixtapes than their debut albums).
TonyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #29
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

What a bish
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #30
OG LeeTSkeeT
Mr.Rager

OG LeeTSkeeT has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke