Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Phil comment on Sunday night news fiasco...slimy to be awoken with that news

Apparently all the 3 demands were not from Phil but fabricated by some one else and spread it wildly
Quote:
Phil Jackson hadn't entirely decided if he wanted to be coach of the Lakers.

Nonetheless, he was surprised when they called him near midnight Sunday with news that Mike D'Antoni would be coach of the Lakers, not him.

"I wish it would have been a little bit cleaner," a relaxed and chatty Jackson said in a phone interview Monday night with The Times. "It could have been much more circumspect and respectful of everybody thatís involved. It seemed slimy to be awoken with this kind of news. Itís just weird."

Jackson said he vacillated every few hours last weekend whether he wanted to coach the Lakers for a third time. Just the same, he insisted he made few demands when he met informally with team executives Saturday at his home.

He laughed at Internet reports that he wanted to skip road games this year if he returned to the Lakers. He also said he didn't have eyes on taking over the team's front office.

"There's nothing about that," he said before mentioning team executive Jim Buss. "Jimmy and I had an agreement when I came back for the second tenure that there would be complete transparency in personnel decisions. I did bring up [Saturday] there were a couple things that went by me that time and I would be part and parcel of such a thing this time."

He was intrigued by the "excitement and talent of the team, and the attraction," he said, adding, "Iím physically much stronger now than I was last Spring."

But there were drawbacks if he got the job, he reasoned.

"I do think the Lakers have the personnel that could come out of the West," he said. "I donít know if they have the mobility and agility to contend with the East. To call this a championship-bound team, thatís a misnomer. Thatís one of the things where I had to think about with expectations and did I want to go through that again?"

Jackson's last run with the team ended in a sweep at the hands of Dallas in the 2011 Western Conference finals. That team also had aspirations of getting back to the NBA Finals, if not winning a third consecutive NBA championship.

Jackson, 67, said no other team would have caught his attention like the Lakers in such a situation.
"Itís L.A. Itís the Lakers. Itís the players Iíve been with. Itís my partnerís team," he said, referring to longtime companion Jeanie Buss, daughter of owner Jerry Buss. "Itís the family business. But I have no intention of going somewhere and starting all over and coaching a team from scratch."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...0,852643.story

Last edited by kobesabi : 11-13-2012 at 02:24 AM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation
Default Re: Phil comment on Sunday night news fiasco...slimy to be awoken with that news

i wasnt believing them. i just hope this wasnt another quick jump to judgement like the last time around. even if they made the judgement not to go with phil at least wait until tuesday before giving pringles the job. bad pr move.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Phil comment on Sunday night news fiasco...slimy to be awoken with that news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
i wasnt believing them. i just hope this wasnt another quick jump to judgement like the last time around. even if they made the judgement not to go with phil at least wait until tuesday before giving pringles the job. bad pr move.

This reeks of a drunken move in the middle of the night.....it's the only thing that makes sense.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
This reeks of a drunken move in the middle of the night.....it's the only thing that makes sense.

Maybe little Jimmy fell asleep on sunday night, and he had a dream of his sister Jeanie sleeping with the enemy Phil after he moves back in with her in Los Angeles. Little Jimmy woke up screaming, sweating and kicking his covers off when he saw them reaching 3rd base. Then he realizes that he will also lose some of his own power to Phil when phil rolls into town on his buggy smoking peyote with his cowboy hat on. Jimmy sprints over to the phone, dials D'Antoni's number and yells "YOU'RE HIRED MIKE. YOU ARE HIRED."

Jimmy the clown with his fingerprints all over this egoistic move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa...feature=fvwrel

Last edited by bladefd : 11-13-2012 at 04:33 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups

VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far

Pride and ego. It's very disappointing regardless of which "side" you believe.
Too late to worry too much now. I just hope the team can get it together to make this season fun.
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Talking Re: Phil comment on Sunday night news fiasco...slimy to be awoken with that news

I say Kobe and Howard said no!!! In a secret meeting!! Lol
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Maybe little Jimmy fell asleep on sunday night, and he had a dream of his sister Jeanie sleeping with the enemy Phil after he moves back in with her in Los Angeles. Little Jimmy woke up screaming, sweating and kicking his covers off when he saw them reaching 3rd base. Then he realizes that he will also lose some of his own power to Phil when phil rolls into town on his buggy smoking peyote with his cowboy hat on. Jimmy sprints over to the phone, dials D'Antoni's number and yells "YOU'RE HIRED MIKE. YOU ARE HIRED."

Jimmy the clown with his fingerprints all over this egoistic move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa...feature=fvwrel

Circus Music.......pretty funny!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: