Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Iverson in the record books.............

By the end of this season Iverson should be about 23rd alltime on the Total points list, and about 18th on the alltime total steals list.

Pretty amazing for the little guy that could.

It's ging to be sad to see him decline.

I doubt he ever drops below Elgin Baylor for ppg average, but he wo't beat out Jordan and Chamberlain.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

So nobody finds this very interesting, esp. seeing Iverson is only going into his 11th season?

I think the guy will stick around until he completley breaks down. HE should b around for 16-17 seasons IMO. He will still have heaps of skills that a team can use.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ...

See where your going with this, but it would make more of an impact once it's all said and done. It does put in perspective how much work it is to be able to accomplish those feats. I bet some people on this board are thinking "only 23rd?' not realizing what company AI has.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Iverson has 3 more years of around this calibre (maybe had his best year last year). He may not score as much, but he'll still be superstar levels for 3-4 more years. When his contract is up he'll still be able to help out a team.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 AM   #5
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think Iverson has 3 more years of around this calibre (maybe had his best year last year). He may not score as much, but he'll still be superstar levels for 3-4 more years. When his contract is up he'll still be able to help out a team.
Once he's done, I hope he doesn't resort to riding someone's coattails to a title. That would be just very un-AI like
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Once he's done, I hope he doesn't resort to riding someone's coattails to a title. That would be just very un-AI like

The way his career is going I don't think he'll have a choice but to. It doesn't seem he's going to join a contending team. He's still got 3 years on his contract. I think he'll be able to go to a team and be sorta like what GP was on the Lakers (probably a bit better). Ya know 15 -17ppg and about 5 assists. He probably can do that for a couple of years after his current contract.

I wouldn't necessarily consider that riding someone's coattails. But he' not gonna be able to lead a team to a title from the looks of things.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #7
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

they say Iverson is going to "fall off" everyyear. we've been hearing it since even before his MVP season in 2001.

he had the best stats of his career this past season so im not expecting his game to drop very much.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:29 AM   #8
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

AI is absolutely amazing. For a guy his size to be completely unstoppable. IMO he's the 2nd best 6 ft or under in history (right behind Zeke)
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #9
Unregistered

3rd all time in PPG
3rd all time in playoff PPG

and yet he's not really considered a top 5 or top 10 player around here....
Old 06-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default gg

Exactly

Should be acknowledged for his accomplishments much more than ruining the "philly franchize."

Allen Iverson.

6'0" the First pick of the 1996 draft. Reebok endorser. Known for playing through pain. The true epitome of the warrior in the NBA. An intelligent man combined with insane physical/mental toughness. A product of the great Big producing Georgetown. A friend of Shaq. What else?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:25 PM   #11
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Iverson is definetlay an all time great. The reason people say he'll have a fall off year is because his style of play and because he's aging and keeps getin beat up, but he doesn't let it bother him. He just gets right back up and does the same thing every season.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #12
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

I really hope AI holds up for another couple of seasons
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 AM   #13
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far

It does get old hearing how he will drop off. Fact is he has lost a tremendous amount of speed, however he is still one of the quickest in the NBA. Creativity does a alot for you.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #14
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
3rd all time in PPG
3rd all time in playoff PPG

and yet he's not really considered a top 5 or top 10 player around here....

Actually he's 2nd all time in Playoff PPG behind only Jordan.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: