Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #16
artificial
:-P

one thing: people who see the impressive highlights of iggy on espn wonder why that guy doesn't have a higher scoring average. then they remember the stereotype of iverson being a ball hog and conclude that must be the reason. doesn't sounds outrageous, but try giving it a closer look.

Quote:
most of the time Iverson runs up the floor and takes a quick shot that goes in 40% of the time
if that actually happened, Chris Webber wouldn't have got his 20ppg and ranked #14 in he league in FGA, nor Kyle Korver would have ranked #8 in the league in 3pt FGA. sure, its no debate Iverson shoots the ball a lot. but if you see the games, he also passes a lot. in fact there are times that it seems everyone wants iggy to shoot the ball, and yet he passes.

by no means im saying you didn't saw a game. actually, about once every 4 games iggy decides to shoot the ball and be somewhat agressive, and looks pretty good. but most of the times iggy is passive in offense despite getting his fair ammount of looks. bottomline, he simply hasn't developed a scorer's mentality.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #17
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
one thing: people who see the impressive highlights of iggy on espn wonder why that guy doesn't have a higher scoring average. then they remember the stereotype of iverson being a ball hog and conclude that must be the reason. doesn't sounds outrageous, but try giving it a closer look.

if that actually happened, Chris Webber wouldn't have got his 20ppg and ranked #14 in he league in FGA, nor Kyle Korver would have ranked #8 in the league in 3pt FGA. sure, its no debate Iverson shoots the ball a lot. but if you see the games, he also passes a lot. in fact there are times that it seems everyone wants iggy to shoot the ball, and yet he passes.

by no means im saying you didn't saw a game. actually, about once every 4 games iggy decides to shoot the ball and be somewhat agressive, and looks pretty good. but most of the times iggy is passive in offense despite getting his fair ammount of looks. bottomline, he simply hasn't developed a scorer's mentality.

Believe it or not jackass Iverson is not i for every minute of the game. When Salmons came in the ball was distributed more, and other players could score. Iverson does run up the court and take a quick jumper most of the time. If Iguodala gets in on the perimeter, he wont shoot because his jumper isn't developed. But 9 out of 10 times he will drive to the hoop. Watching 1 or 2 games does not make you a genius.
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #18
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
Believe it or not jackass Iverson is not i for every minute of the game. When Salmons came in the ball was distributed more, and other players could score. Iverson does run up the court and take a quick jumper most of the time. If Iguodala gets in on the perimeter, he wont shoot because his jumper isn't developed. But 9 out of 10 times he will drive to the hoop. Watching 1 or 2 games does not make you a genius.

John Salmons distrubted the ball when he came in? What games were you watching. Salmons was the definition of a blackhole this season because he was playing like a contract year player looking to get paid.

Iggy wouldn't shoot from the perimeter. Iggy took two types of shots all season. The corner 3 and a dunk. That's it. His mid-range game was hot and cold at times, but he rarely if ever used it. When he did drive, nowhere near 90% of the time, he would usually shy away from contact and kick it out or stop dead and bail out. How many times can you remember Iggy throwing down on someone in the half-court set and this is the guy that was second in the league in dunks as far as I know.

Again, Iggy didn't shoot because he's a passive player and has always been even before Allen Iverson played with him. That's the type of player he is. Maybe when you were watching all those games, you should have been playing closer attention.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #19
artificial

ok. i tried to be nice. i really did.

Quote:
Believe it or not jackass Iverson is not in for every minute of the game.
Guess what Sherlock? Iverson ranks #1 in the NBA in minutes per game with 43.1. Yes, he is in for almost every minute of the game.

Quote:
When Salmons came in the ball was distributed more, and other players could score.

Yeah, sure. Thats exactly why iverson has 7.4apg while salmons has 2.7apg. All that with Iverson on the court.

Quote:
Iverson does run up the court and take a quick jumper most of the time.
Again, if so try explaining me why iverson gets 7.4apg. Try explaining why Webber and Korver have such high FGA (or 3pt FGA) per game if Iverson does spend most of the time on the court and takes a quick jumper?

Quote:
If Iguodala gets in on the perimeter, he wont shoot because his jumper isn't developed.
Is that Iverson's fault? Though I'm drooling to see Iguodala develop a jumper.

Quote:
But 9 out of 10 times he will drive to the hoop.
Nope. That evidences you're speaking stupidity out of your sorry a$$. Yes, he tries to drive sometimes. That's when he has a weak defender in front of him, or is in a rarely good day.

Let me put it simple. Last season, Iguodala averaged 37.6 mpg. Korver averaged 31.2 mpg. Nevertheless, Korver had 9.2 FGA per game while Iguodala had 8.3 FGA per game. If Iguodala drived every time he got the ball, he would have way more FGA than Korver who uses to shoot only if he's open.

And that's just data, because if you actually saw 76er games last season, you would notice how evident it's Iguodala passes up on shoots.

Quote:
Watching 1 or 2 games does not make you a genius.
Making up a story from the highlights you saw on ESPN won't take you anywhere, except maybe being b¡tch slapped in a message board.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #20
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Is 43.1 the same as 48? No. Salmons got barely any minutes. Any average pointguard could be on the floor for less minutes than iverson and still get more assists than him. Luke Ridnour for example. He averaged 7 assists in 33 minutes. If he was in for as long as Iverson he would get about 10 assists. If Iverson distributes the ball so much, than why was he #3 in the league in field goal attempts? If you give Korver or Webber the ball DO NOT EXPECT TO GET IT BACK, 7 out of 10 times, they will shoot a jumper. Iguodala is out there for enough time, but thats not what we are arguing about, He doesnt get enough touches when he is out. You look nowhere beyond a box score. If you watched almost every 76er game like I did, then you would know what i'm talking about.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #21
artificial

Quote:
Is 43.1 the same as 48? No.
Which part of almost was so hard for you to understand?

Quote:
Salmons got barely any minutes. Any average pointguard could be on the floor for less minutes than iverson and still get more assists than him.
Salmons got 25mpg -"barely" my a$$. And let me give you a hint. Iverson would have 8.23 assists per 48. Salmons would have 5.12 assists per 48. Yes, most PG's would have better numbers. Guess what? Iverson's natural position on offense isn't PG.

Quote:
Luke Ridnour for example. He averaged 7 assists in 33 minutes. If he was in for as long as Iverson he would get about 10 assists.
Ridnour is a much better ball distributor than Iverson. Who the fuuk is arguing that? Again, Iverson's natural position on offense isn't PG, and yet he manages to distribute the ball very decently

Quote:
If Iverson distributes the ball so much, than why was he #3 in the league in field goal attempts?
Guess what, I'm saying Iverson's ball distribution isn't an excuse for Iguodala to not score. But I never said he excelled on that. As I already said, it's undebatable Iverson shoots a lot.

Quote:
Iguodala is out there for enough time, but thats not what we are arguing about, He doesnt get enough touches when he is out.
So want to tell me why Korver, Webber get enough touches, but Iguodala who is out there doesn't gets enough?

Quote:
You look nowhere beyond a box score.
I'm stating data because thats facts. I could start giving you my view on the games, but with your stupid bluffing of having seen games -that make no sense with the actual games- it's senseless. That's why I'm stating facts. If I was discussing, for example with ppierce I wouldnt bother this much with data.

Quote:
If you watched almost every 76er game like I did, then you would know what i'm talking about.
Your bluffing on having watched almost every 76er game -which is clearly false- is getting me to one conclusion: you're not worth my time. I'm almost done with you.

Last edited by artificial : 07-03-2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #22
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Any average pointguard could be on the floor for less minutes than iverson and still get more assists than him.

Good argument....almost.

Quote:
Luke Ridnour for example. He averaged 7 assists in 33 minutes. If he was in for as long as Iverson he would get about 10 assists. If Iverson distributes the ball so much, than why was he #3 in the league in field goal attempts?

Because Allen Iverson is also the best scorer on his team far and away while Ridnour isn't even close. The fact that not only did Iverson score so much but also dish out 7-8 assists a game is amazing. There's only 2 other players that have ever done it.

Quote:
If you give Korver or Webber the ball DO NOT EXPECT TO GET IT BACK, 7 out of 10 times, they will shoot a jumper.

Where do you keep coming up with these numbers?

Quote:
Iguodala is out there for enough time, but thats not what we are arguing about, He doesnt get enough touches when he is out. You look nowhere beyond a box score. If you watched almost every 76er game like I did, then you would know what i'm talking about.

Bull****t he doesn't. Iggy got plenty of touches, he doesn't have a scorers mentality. He hangs around in the corner and if he gets the ball he'll take the three there, possibly drive which usually leads to a kickout, or he'll give the ball back. He's even said he doesn't have a scorers mentality, that he has more of point guard mentality. And again, if it's about AI, than why is that Iggy didn't score a lot in high school or college either?
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #23
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

If you don't like my posts so much, you don't have to sit here and get owned. You can click on my little hourglass thing and just make my rep worse
Old 07-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #24
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Only one thing.

I watched about every philly game and let me tell you I find it Hilarious that someone thinks Salmons looks to pass. He took the job from Korver for about a week before his ball hoggin placed him back on the bench for Kevin Olie.
SALMONS PASS, HAHAHA!
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #25
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

They tried Salmons at PG when he first came into the league and that didn't work. His biggest problem was his ball handling. He's been mostly a reserve scorer since. They've never tried to put him back at PG.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: