Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: SI Releases List of Overrated Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The list is more about guys who the other players think get too much attention. If Denver can't find a trade partner that thinks Tebow should be their starter and thus can only get a 6th round pick (or whatever) how is he overrated? And everyone thinks Sanchez stinks. You could call Romo and Vick overrated though.

Keep in mind the HYPE around Tebow in Denver. His NFL peers just think Tebow gets more credit, attention than he deserves. Thats why he is rated. You're thinking a different way than his peers do. Its all about rep and how you are percieved. It tends to follow you. Sanchez the good lookin kid from USC in the big Apple all on GQ covers etc etc. Yet hasnt done much to brag about. Thats how his peers look at him, thus feel he is overrated. Look at D.Thomas Denver WR comments when they aquired Manning. He didnt have compliments for Tebow. So in his mind Tebow isnt a good QB yet all on espn its Tebow mania. Thats how some of his peers are looking at him. You're lookin at the fact he is a backup and no team traded for him to be their starter. They arent lookin at it that way. Follow? Do I make sense?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
A real list would include players that are actually ranked HIGH

1. DeSean Jackson
2. Chris Johnson
3. Matt Stafford
etc
etc
etc
Djax is mad overrated. His routes are so suspect. I've seen this guy I use to train with lock him up in 1 on 1's... He's 33 and had 2 ACL tears. He was in the NfL though but c'mon no NFL receiver should get locked up in 1 on 1's.
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

The only players I find to be overrated are aging stars, and Mario Williams.

Urlacher, Woodson, Lewis before his injury. Heck Polamalu has been pretty bad. Sanchez and Tebow are just overhyped, not overrated.
GatorKid117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
1.Tim Tebow, New York Jets.
2. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets.
3. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys.
4. Mike Vick, Philadelphia Eagles.
5. Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens.
6. Reggie Bush, Miami Dolphins.
7. Nnamdi Asomugha, Philadelphia Eagles.
8. Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers.
9. Tom Brady, New England Patriots.
10. Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions.
11. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers.
12. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears.
13. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers.
14. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs.
15. Eli Manning, New York Giants.
16. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers.
17. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers.
18. Darnell Dockett, Arizona Cardinals.
19. DeAngelo Hall, Washington Redskins.
20. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons.

^^^ the actual list

Nnamdi deserves to be there, same with Suh....and Cam

Eli too, Eli is a great QB don't get me wrong but he gets WAY WAY WAY too much credit for those SBs...some people have him as one of the elites of the NFL, he isn't

most of the others don't deserve to be there though...Brady?...White?...who still gives Hall any thought?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
^^^ the actual list

Nnamdi deserves to be there, same with Suh....and Cam

Eli too, Eli is a great QB don't get me wrong but he gets WAY WAY WAY too much credit for those SBs...some people have him as one of the elites of the NFL, he isn't

most of the others don't deserve to be there though...Brady?...White?...who still gives Hall any thought?

Eli is in the class directly behind Rodgers, Brady and Brees. I don't think he deserves to be on an overrated players list at all.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #21
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't understand the list... Michael Crabtree?

Who's overrating that guy?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #22
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Eli is in the class directly behind Rodgers, Brady and Brees. I don't think he deserves to be on an overrated players list at all.
Many people have Eli ranked as an elite...#1 overall even

heis good but he is also a career 82.0 passer rating QB not on the same level as others...

he also gets 95% of the credit for the Giants' rings which is just too much cred
Old 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:

heis good but he is also a career 82.0 passer rating QB not on the same level as others...

he also gets 95% of the credit for the Giants' rings which is just too much cred

What does Eli' career rating and what he did his first 4 years have to do with the type of player he is NOW?

People rate him on what he has done now and in the previous year or so. Him struggling early in his career means nothing in terms of ranking him now as compared to his counterparts.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:

If that's the case, then I agree with you, but I have never heard of anybody rating him like that. I almost always see people agree that Rodgers, Brees and Brady are the clear 3 elite quarterbacks, and then the next class consists of guys like Eli, Rotehlisberger, Peyton (proving so this year), etc.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
If that's the case, then I agree with you, but I have never heard of anybody rating him like that. I almost always see people agree that Rodgers, Brees and Brady are the clear 3 elite quarterbacks, and then the next class consists of guys like Eli, Rotehlisberger, Peyton (proving so this year), etc.

Peyton was in that elite group before his injury, he shouldn't be bumped out now afterwards. He's playing great.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=277329

in here, not too long ago
Old 10-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #27
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

That dude (op) has really terrible opinions on football, I put no stock into what he says. Most people in that thread seemed to agree that Eli is a great quarterback, he is just clearly behind Brees, Rodgers and Brady.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
That dude (op) has really terrible opinions on football, I put no stock into what he says. Most people in that thread seemed to agree that Eli is a great quarterback, he is just clearly behind Brees, Rodgers and Brady.
I put no stock into ANYONE with that opinion, just showing you that the opinion does in fact exist out there
Old 10-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Keep in mind the HYPE around Tebow in Denver. His NFL peers just think Tebow gets more credit, attention than he deserves. Thats why he is rated. You're thinking a different way than his peers do. Its all about rep and how you are percieved. It tends to follow you. Sanchez the good lookin kid from USC in the big Apple all on GQ covers etc etc. Yet hasnt done much to brag about. Thats how his peers look at him, thus feel he is overrated.
The only person that gives Tebow a ton of Credit right now is Skip Bayless. The hype you speak of is what I'm talking about when I say guys like Tebow and Sanchez are getting attention. No one is actually calling these guys elite and that's what it would really mean to be "overrated." I am saying that the players voting for Tebow and Sanchez have misapplied the term.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Honestly I don't even see how he's clearly behind Rodgers and Breeds. What have they proven that Eli cant do? What have they done that Eli hasn't? Throw up more TDs during the regular season during games that have already been decided?

Manning is in that tier 1 of QBs with his bro, Tom, Breeds and Rodgers. He took Big Ben's spot in that group.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: