Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: Mavericks claim Eddy Curry off waivers...

I'm tired of teams giving washed up bums chance after chance just because management is lazy and/or won't listen to their scouts about guys who haven't had a dozen chances and keep washing out.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
mark
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I'm tired of teams giving washed up bums chance after chance just because management is lazy and/or won't listen to their scouts about guys who haven't had a dozen chances and keep washing out.

Cuban laziness. How do you go from a championship to re build mode year after year????
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #18
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

Come back to Mike Brown, Delonte...
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 AM   #19
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
Not even close.

This.
Curry never played for the Lakers so the Mavs don't have to worry about him destroying the team from the inside like Odom did.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #20
spiegel
Local High School Star

I thought he played pretty solid with the Spurs but i guess they feel they had enough bigs.
spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #21
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Not really laziness by cuban but he did offer chandler i gigantic one year contract. Obviously he didnt want his hands tied to make a play for deron/dwight. Of course, it didn't go as planned last summer but you can't pass up setting your franchise up for the next 5 or so years.

Anyway, deron's opted out next year right? Who else can dallas offer their capspace to?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #22
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
I doubt he ever turns into something. The last time I saw him play he was in NY against the Mavs and I couldn't even see the half the court when he walked onto it. It's sad when you get called for 3 secs and you have both feet outside the lane.....

But he is basically a cheap insurance center to soak up a few minutes while Dirk and/or Kaman is out.
Styles p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Not really laziness by cuban but he did offer chandler i gigantic one year contract. Obviously he didnt want his hands tied to make a play for deron/dwight. Of course, it didn't go as planned last summer but you can't pass up setting your franchise up for the next 5 or so years.

Anyway, deron's opted out next year right? Who else can dallas offer their capspace to?

You also can't make it so obvious that you turn the guy off. Cuban did that.

He had Haywood, so it wasn't so bad. Haywood isn't as good as Chandler, but he's a legit player and was already signed to that awful contract.

But this year Cuban signed Kaman...Kaman is good enough, but he's not the player to put next to Nowitzki. People can say all they want, but Nowitzki is a terrible defender. He's a good post defender and a good team defender, with good hands. But he doesn't guard pick n' roll or anything else coming at the rim. He needs the right guy at center. Marion is perfect at the 3 next to Dirk (best thing that happened to them was Butler going out, as Marion is better and better fit), but Dirk needs the right center. Asik would have been great.

And Cuban is so busy calling out the Lakers that he's killing any chance he could have at Dwight, if Dwight was to leave.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: