Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Article: Coach Brown's offensive philosophy

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

Quote:
The Lakers are winless through seven exhibition games and have only one final early contest to go, on Thursday night against the Sacramento Kings.

Before Wednesday night's 97-91 loss to the Clippers, Coach Mike Brown spoke about this season's offensive philosophy.

The Lakers are instituting a pared-down version of the Princeton offense merged with some of Brown's schemes from last year.

"What we're doing right now isn't necessarily to win the games now or in the short term," Brown said. "Hopefully what we're doing will pay off in the long term when it really counts."

A little gift for DKlaker and other specifics freaks like me to kinda see what Brown is thinking here. Just to get an idea of what to expect.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Article: Coach Brown's offensive philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...tory?track=rss

A little gift for DKlaker and other specifics freaks like me to kinda see what Brown is thinking here. Just to get an idea of what to expect.

Oh my god!!!! When I saw Brown was actually trying to mix his idiotic offense from last year with the Princeton hybrid offense my heart almost stopped and my mouth dropped open.....now I'm just furious. The idiot coach knows nothing about running or creating an offense, he has always been a complete failure at it, all he is capable of is Isolation plays. This is horribly bad news.
I had hoped/prayed that he would completely leave the offense to Eddie Jordan, Nash and Kobe to create/design......but Brown is determined to get some credit even if he knows he's not capable. This is NOT going to work!!!!
Hopefully we fire him by the midway point if not before!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
DKLaker

I'm so angry right now.....and I really don't get angry over basketball......BUT, I can't understand how Brown can be so asinine as to blend a completely failed offense of last year with an offense which will work.....As Stephen A.Smith would say, it's ass a 9, ass a 10, ass a 11

Add to this he still has no clue about a sub rotation.....
I would call him the Norv Turner of basketball coaches......but that would be giving him way too much credit.

I'm hoping Buss has an itchy trigger finger and fires him very quickly.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
LA Lakers
Great young streetballer

LA Lakers has no real reputation yet.

Is this Kobe or Mike Browns decision? Let Nash run the offense. Last year was all Kobe iso plays. Literally, thats all it was. Now we have one of the greatest pgs of all time and a guy who at 38 years old lead the league in assists last season and Mike Brown wants to run Kobe iso? Remember, Artest, Kobe and Pau all are experienced with court movement and ball movement being students of the Triangle. From what I saw from a preseason game against The Kings a week or so back it looked like there was a lot of unselfish play and everyone was getting touches... Pau looked lost in Mike Browns offense last season and now he can run high screen sets with Nash all day plus his top of the key game is very underrated. Just saying, stick with Princeton/let Nash do his thing. Dont sink this ship Mike Brown.
LA Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Lakers
Is this Kobe or Mike Browns decision? Let Nash run the offense. Last year was all Kobe iso plays. Literally, thats all it was. Now we have one of the greatest pgs of all time and a guy who at 38 years old lead the league in assists last season and Mike Brown wants to run Kobe iso? Remember, Artest, Kobe and Pau all are experienced with court movement and ball movement being students of the Triangle. From what I saw from a preseason game against The Kings a week or so back it looked like there was a lot of unselfish play and everyone was getting touches... Pau looked lost in Mike Browns offense last season and now he can run high screen sets with Nash all day plus his top of the key game is very underrated. Just saying, stick with Princeton/let Nash do his thing. Don't sink this ship Mike Brown.

This is all stupid Mike's decision. They still have Pau too far away from the basket, at no point should he be more than 18 feet away from the basket, that is the full extent of his range.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

This Princeton offense is a bit too much in my opinion. If we ran 90% of our offensive plays with Nash in a pick and roll setting, we would be by far the best offense in the league. I think Brown is overthinking things here given the personnel we have.

We'll get it right though. Just give Nash the keys and let him do what he does.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
This Princeton offense is a bit too much in my opinion. If we ran 90% of our offensive plays with Nash in a pick and roll setting, we would be by far the best offense in the league. I think Brown is overthinking things here given the personnel we have.

We'll get it right though. Just give Nash the keys and let him do what he does.

I agree with you kk, If anyone just looks at how successful Jerry Sloan was with Stockton and Malone running pick and rolls they will know you are right.....and with the additional talent we have we would easily dominate the league.
Is Mike Brown over thinking this YES, however our hybrid Princeton offense will work as long as it is given time IF Mike Brown stays completely out of anything having to do with the offense........oh boy are we in trouble!!!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: