Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #46
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,977
Lakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

i dont know but I dont see any excitement...any hustle....any energy....just going through the motions....

season just started no?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #47
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,102
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
i dont know but I dont see any excitement...any hustle....any energy....just going through the motions....

season just started no?


I think the players are waiting for an NBA head coach to arrive.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #48
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,410
dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Elliott Teaford: By the way, the "Fire Mike Brown," shouts are a little more frequent tonight. No chanting as of yet. This ain't New York. #Lakers Twitter @ElliottTeaford

Lakers fans need to start chanting "Fire Mike Brown" at the games. I think that would get the message across to management. Mike Brown blames the losses on turnovers which makes me laugh. The turnovers are a result of a system that doesn't work and he's putting his athletes in positions they aren't comfortable in. I'd rather have a coach that uses the strengths of his players rather than one that forces them into a system.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #49
D-Rose
#88
 
D-Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,693
D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Please fire this goon and bring in Jerry Sloan.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #50
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|
 
$LakerGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Lakers Forum☆
Posts: 4,765
$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Our roster last year was way better


I'm kidding ... FIRE MIKE BROWN ALREADY. If they win the next game, they're still going to struggle as long as he's the head coach.

This is crazy and an insult. It's like saying the 07' Cavs is x10 better than this team. F*** outta here.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #51
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,977
Lakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Please fire this goon and bring in Jerry Sloan.

this is why i made this topic....he is going to ruin this year....and get fired by getting bounced in the playoffs...

new coach comes in summer and another year is lost trying to implement his system and u cant expect a new coach to win in his 1st year....

I would be proactive in firing this idiot and waste this year...but atleast win next year
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #52
bladefd
Good college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,246
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Would you welcome Phil Jackson back?

There are rumors on general boards that Lakers FO is looking at D'Antoni as possible replacement for Brown. Just stupid as hell IMO -- I don't want D'Antoni as headcoach. He would fix our offensive system issues but make the defense even worse.

I think we are just starting to realize how much we miss Phil.

Last edited by bladefd : 11-03-2012 at 03:42 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #53
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,977
Lakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Would you welcome Phil Jackson back?

Now u r talking... I would beg him to come... But it wont come to that :)
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #54
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14
 
L.A. Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Österreich (CET)
Posts: 937
L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

i dont panic after 3 losses, but the defense - the area where MB should be a good coach (so i heard) - is really bad. i understand the offense needs some time, but the defense is bad. you simply cant win with a offense that produces 90 points - Kobe scoring efficient 40 - and such poor defense. so i hope for more effort on D and wait for the development on O. Lets go Lakers.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #55
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,102
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Lakers fans need to start chanting "Fire Mike Brown" at the games. I think that would get the message across to management. Mike Brown blames the losses on turnovers which makes me laugh. The turnovers are a result of a system that doesn't work and he's putting his athletes in positions they aren't comfortable in. I'd rather have a coach that uses the strengths of his players rather than one that forces them into a system.


THIS!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #56
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,102
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Would you welcome Phil Jackson back?

There are rumors on general boards that Lakers FO is looking at D'Antoni as possible replacement for Brown. Just stupid as hell IMO -- I don't want D'Antoni as headcoach. He would fix our offensive system issues but make the defense even worse.

I think we are just starting to realize how much we miss Phil.


D'Antoni would be almost as stupid a hire as Mike Brown.......this makes me so
I'm glad more guys can see how horrible Brown is now, I warned everyone the moment he was hired.....I had to put up with all the "Give him a chance" crap as if he wasn't a complete joke in Cleveland.........seriously, I used to laugh my @ss off at how stupid and clueless he was......as punishment, God landed him on my team Yeah......not so funny anymore
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #57
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,410
dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
D'Antoni would be almost as stupid a hire as Mike Brown.......this makes me so
I'm glad more guys can see how horrible Brown is now, I warned everyone the moment he was hired.....I had to put up with all the "Give him a chance" crap as if he wasn't a complete joke in Cleveland.........seriously, I used to laugh my @ss off at how stupid and clueless he was......as punishment, God landed him on my team Yeah......not so funny anymore

Agreed, D'Antoni isn't a great coach. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator, but definitely not as a coach. Let some other team have him. His system won't win championships.

One guy that doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves in my opinion is Nate McMillan. I always thought his teams were better than they were supposed to be. He seems to always get the best out of his guys. He's been an assistant for the Olympic team for a while now too. In doing so that means he's been around teams that have had Kobe and Dwight in the starting lineup together. He knows how to get them to mesh. I think he's a name that is under the radar that could be someone to look at. I'm not saying he's the man necessarily, just saying the Lakers should be looking at him. Portland is stupid for letting him go.

And by the way, make that two of us who were against the Brown hiring from the beginning
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #58
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,977
Lakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLakers_Kobe_Fan posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
i dont panic after 3 losses, but the defense - the area where MB should be a good coach (so i heard) - is really bad. i understand the offense needs some time, but the defense is bad. you simply cant win with a offense that produces 90 points - Kobe scoring efficient 40 - and such poor defense. so i hope for more effort on D and wait for the development on O. Lets go Lakers.


good for you.....the panic is on how they lost rather than they lost....I would be ok if they lost hard fought games...but not games where they showed up to earn pay check
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #59
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,102
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Agreed, D'Antoni isn't a great coach. I'd love to have him as an offensive coordinator, but definitely not as a coach. Let some other team have him. His system won't win championships.

One guy that doesn't get as much recognition as he deserves in my opinion is Nate McMillan. I always thought his teams were better than they were supposed to be. He seems to always get the best out of his guys. He's been an assistant for the Olympic team for a while now too. In doing so that means he's been around teams that have had Kobe and Dwight in the starting lineup together. He knows how to get them to mesh. I think he's a name that is under the radar that could be someone to look at. I'm not saying he's the man necessarily, just saying the Lakers should be looking at him. Portland is stupid for letting him go.

And by the way, make that two of us who were against the Brown hiring from the beginning

Yes, we were both over the Lakers hiring of Brown from day 1.

Nate McMillan is a good coach, but for me he seems to be missing something.....I can't even tell you what? Maybe a lack of calm under pressure? I think he could get us to the finals but couldn't win it.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #60
VegasLakerFan
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 89
VegasLakerFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

The only comparison I can make to describe my frustration with Mike Brown is this; Imagine the Lakers with a legit coach as a fortress or castle. Strong, imposing, undefeatable. That same team with Mike Brown is a fortress or castle made of playing cards.
VegasLakerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy