Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
#number6ix#
WHITESIDE
 
#number6ix#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pinewood, FL
Posts: 3,523
Default Austin Rivers

What's ISH's thoughts about this kid... He has a nice handle but other than that I'm not seeing to much from him he seems like a shot jacker with no shot he struggles to finish in the paint when contacts made. He's a poor defender that often gets lost on d but with that being said he's young and I'm only going by the summer league and the preseason

His preseason stats:
7.5 ppg
2ast
3reb
1stl
26%fg
75%ft
12.5% from 3
Is this a case of trying to get adjusted or just being d league material
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
plUto or bUst
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
plUto or bUst's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by #number6ix#
What's ISH's thoughts about this kid... He has a nice handle but other than that I'm not seeing to much from him he seems like a shot jacker with no shot he struggles to finish in the paint when contacts made. He's a poor defender that often gets lost on d but with that being said he's young and I'm only going by the summer league and the preseason

His preseason stats:
7.5 ppg
2ast
3reb
1stl
26%fg
75%ft
12.5% from 3
Is this a case of trying to get adjusted or just being d league material

He could use a stint in the d league to work on his game. That'll never happen though because of his "pedigree".
plUto or bUst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,866
Default Re: Austin Rivers

He isn't that good and almost certainly never will be.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Pra
Dance Gavin Dance!
 
Pra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 671
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
He isn't that good and almost certainly never will be.
This he shouldn't have been a top 10 pick NO should of gotten marshall or another pg instead. In b4 it's preseason... time will tell on his progression.
Pra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,013
Default Re: Austin Rivers

He plays far to out of control for my taste and I can't see him being a good starter, i can see him being a energy burst type player where he comes of the bench and looks to score and not do much else
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
IGotACoolStory
Mohamed Bamba
 
IGotACoolStory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,711
Default Re: Austin Rivers

His first step is quick because he travels before he dribbles. What's with that hop and go stuff?

He needs to become a consistent shooter. He will have a role in the NBA. Likely off the bench like Jason Terry or something. Except Jason Terry who drives more and can't shoot very well.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Darius
Good college starter
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Handsome Man
Posts: 3,158
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
His first step is quick because he travels before he dribbles. What's with that hop and go stuff?

He needs to become a consistent shooter. He will have a role in the NBA. Likely off the bench like Jason Terry or something. Except Jason Terry who drives more and can't shoot very well.

Jason Terry won't can't shoot very well is out of the league.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
WolfGang
Made that high school varsity squad
 
WolfGang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 706
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Well, he only took one shot today so I wouldn't call him a chucker. I see if he has been shooting 20 shots per game and only make 3-5 of them then yeah. He also played very good defense against the bigger Dwyane Wade if you actually watched the game. He gets to the basket easier than any other rookie in his class and he has had some great passes. They had to double team him every time he touched the ball. Dude is gonna be good.
WolfGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #9
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,991
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Both hornets rookies need protection from being asked to do too much. Davis needs to stay at pf and not get beat up by playing center. Rivers needs to play 6th man pg or sg.

Ryan Anderson, Jason smith, Vazquez, and a 2nd
For
Tyson chandler and Felton


The development of those two rookies is huge for the future, chandler and Felton allow the hornets to get the best out of both rookies while still not ending up any better than 13th in the west
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
TeamLAC
Lob City
 
TeamLAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 703
Default Re: Austin Rivers

cant go left
TeamLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #11
senelcoolidge
NBA rookie of the year
 
senelcoolidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 6,923
Default Re: Austin Rivers

No left and can't shoot consistently. Can't defend either. His bust potential is extremely high. He has a lot of work to do. He's not a point guard, I don't know why their trying to make him into something he isn't. I don't like his attitude. All NBA players are confident, but Rivers attitude I don't like.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,528
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Both hornets rookies need protection from being asked to do too much. Davis needs to stay at pf and not get beat up by playing center. Rivers needs to play 6th man pg or sg.

Ryan Anderson, Jason smith, Vazquez, and a 2nd
For
Tyson chandler and Felton


The development of those two rookies is huge for the future, chandler and Felton allow the hornets to get the best out of both rookies while still not ending up any better than 13th in the west




Why would the Knicks do this? To help develop the young Hornets?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
DStebb716
Phil of the Future
 
DStebb716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Both hornets rookies need protection from being asked to do too much. Davis needs to stay at pf and not get beat up by playing center. Rivers needs to play 6th man pg or sg.

Ryan Anderson, Jason smith, Vazquez, and a 2nd
For
Tyson chandler and Felton


The development of those two rookies is huge for the future, chandler and Felton allow the hornets to get the best out of both rookies while still not ending up any better than 13th in the west

what is with dumbasses on these boards just thinking the knicks are going to give guys like tyson chandler, felton and iman shumpert away? jesus
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
Eric Cartman
Banned
 
Eric Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,170
Default Re: Austin Rivers

Definitely looks like your prototypical 6th man of the bench at the shooting guard position. If the Hornets are true that they want him to be they're starting point guard for year to come, they are making a mistake.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,765
Default Re: Austin Rivers

He needs time to develop and he'll be fine. I
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy