Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here
Default BasketballJones48021 - Larry Bird - Passing Skills part 2 (14:45 Minutes of Beuty)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gqD...eature=g-all-u

IMO THEE GREATEST PASSER EVER

Last edited by Round Mound : 10-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BasketballJones48021 - Larry Bird - Passing Skills part 2 (14:45 Minutes of Beuty)

That's his lesser known assists? 15 min without his most known stuff, for a guy we don't have so much footage like nowadays? Damn!

To me stuff like that puts to rest all the best passing nonguard thing. Not the greatest passer ever but still this guy gotta be top 5 in passing at least. So much easy buckets he made for everybody right there.

Last edited by SHAQisGOAT : 10-27-2012 at 12:13 AM.
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: BasketballJones48021 - Larry Bird - Passing Skills part 2 (14:45 Minutes of Beuty)

I Think From a "Stand Still"...Larry Was The Best Passer Ever.

I Don`t Mean Easy Assists that are the Result of : "Creating" through "Ball Handling", "Dribbling" "Moving the Floor" or "Creating Openings" like what Cousy, Maravich, Magic, Isiah , Stockton, Nash and Lebron Did or Do (In Their Times The Best) but Just PLAIN SIMPLE PURE PASSING Bird > Any Player Ever.

If Bird Had Handles and More Athletic Ability He We Would Have Been The Best Ever By Far.

Simply a Joy To Watch
Old 10-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
SHAQisGOAT
Decent college freshman

SHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat coolSHAQisGOAT is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound
I Think From a "Stand Still"...Larry Was The Best Passer Ever.

I Don`t Mean Easy Assists that are the Result of : "Creating" through "Ball Handling", "Dribbling" "Moving the Floor" or "Creating Openings" like what Cousy, Maravich, Magic, Isiah , Stockton, Nash and Lebron Did or Do (In Their Times The Best) but Just PLAIN SIMPLE PURE PASSING Bird > Any Player Ever.

If Bird Had Handles and More Athletic Ability He We Would Have Been The Best Ever By Far.

Simply a Joy To Watch

I agree, he did all the stuff you mentioned also but the most amazing stuff is the "standing" passes. Also his arm strength is f**king amazing, throwing passes like a QB sometimes.

He was a really good ballhandler though so handles is not really the case, but yeah he had the lack of lateral quickness and "guard speed" to play PG like Magic or to handle the ball many times like LeBron, considering guys 6'8 and above. Plus he was better playing SF/PF, because of the style of his game.

Last edited by SHAQisGOAT : 10-27-2012 at 12:26 AM.
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
I agree, he did all the stuff you mentioned also but the most amazing stuff is the "standing" passes. Also his arm strength is f**king amazing, throwing passes like a QB sometimes.

He was a really good ballhandler though so handles is not really the case, but yeah he had the lack of lateral quickness and "guard speed" to play PG like Magic or to handle the ball many times like LeBron, considering guys 6'8 and above. Plus he was better playing SF/PF, because of the style of his game.

Indeed
Old 10-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Charles Barkley is the GOAT PF. I'm not just lying to get a rep.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #7
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Charles Barkley is the GOAT PF. I'm not just lying to get a rep.

Charles is Atleast the Greatest Combination of High and Efficiency Scoring, Rebounding and Passing Mixed For a PF. No Doubt The Best Offensive Powerfoward Ever
Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

poor Pauk will be rollin over in his grave when he finds this - this footage confirms beyond shadow of a doubt that Larry Bird is a superior passer in every way possible than Lebron James - great vid
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #9
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
poor Pauk will be rollin over in his grave when he finds this - this footage confirms beyond shadow of a doubt that Larry Bird is a superior passer in every way possible than Lebron James - great vid

As far as who has the better passing ability between Lebron & Bird, its a mute point as they both are at that elite level, you have your opinion and i have mine...

....and why would i be rolling over in my grave over watching a highlight video of one of my 2-3 favorite players of all time who i have been watching before i even knew Lebron did exist? If its anybody who has been rolling over in his grave its you as you are the only one who in this case is driven by an agenda considering your loathing for Lebron... this footage confirms nothing what i didnt know before, that Bird is a great passer... however this one confirms something that you didnt know or refuse to know or refuse to accept: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-zhe-5ORA

Remember, its only you who bring this subject up all the time.... so its not me who is insecure or butthurt...

Last edited by pauk : 10-27-2012 at 03:01 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 AM   #10
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

This footage reminds us of how underrated a weapon the bounce pass is.
In the hands of someone like Bird, it's truly frightening.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Great Video from Lebron but He Aint a Better "Pure Passer" Than Bird.

Alot of Lebron`s Assists are Created Through his "Handling Skills", "Speed" and "Driving to the Basket" etc which Creates "Openings" for Easier Assists. Lebron is a "Better Creator than Bird" But PASSING WISE? Not Close.

Last edited by Round Mound : 10-27-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #12
LeBird
Good High School Starter

LeBird has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Agreed. A lot of footage there you won't find on youtube. Thanks to the uploader. For me, Magic and Bird are simply on a different plane to everybody else. I like Lebron, but he isn't close. He has the numbers to compare but watching these videos makes you appreciate just how rare that kind of passing intelligence/ability is.
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: