Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Arrow Let's talk about some late round value pick type guys

So, Orlando cleared house. You're left with a rag-tag group of misfits destined to battle for the league's worst record. There's some names like Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, and Al Harrington that on paper look like they might be your best fantasy options on the Magic. I do believe that Jameer "Jam Neely" Nelson will likely end up being a pretty solid fantasy option this year but I wonder if the youth movement "let's see who we can use down the road" approach may render the other aforementioned two not as valuable as first glance may imply. Nikola Vucevic and Gustavo Ayon have late-round fantasy gold written all over them IMO. Big Baby probably gets a decent amount of run, I see Ayon and Vucevic as the other two who will primarily fill up the big man stats. One or both should get off and they're either going 13th round or undrafted in the leagues I'm in. I was thinking Harkless might be a nice pickup too but his recent injury has me wary.

I really like Gordon Hayward for the Jazz this year too. 3rd year, 2nd year starting, and a team that's well stocked in the front court and nowhere else. Al Jeff, Milsap, and Favors will do their thing down low, figuring out who's going to fill up the rest of the box score is the trick. I heard good things about Alec Burks but I really don't see how Mo Williams doesn't end up the key guard for them, and I really like Gordon Hayward to contribute across the board as well.

Ramon Sessions for the Bobcats. I guess Kemba Walker is probably the man this year for the Cats but he's more of an off-guard despite his size. Ben Gordon could be an interesting pickup if there's injuries, Gerald Henderson showed some capacity, after that it's tricky. Assuming Sessions gets the run I expect him to, he's an incredible value in the 10th round. He was an absolute stud for Milwaukee, put up great numbers for Cleveland even as Irving's backup, and is the sort of point that's made for running a shitty team and producing.

Jonas valanciunas for the raptors, their 1st round, 5th overall pick from last year is finally coming to the NBA, his european numbers are absurd and the raptors are going to use him straight out of the gate. he went 156th overall in the only league where I even saw him drafted. It's not a sure thing but that late in the draft, and with Bargnani coming off an injury plagued season, it seems like a guy who's going to get the minutes to do damage.

Who you guys got?

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 10-09-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Let's talk about some late round value pick type guys

I'm taking a serious look at Kawhi Leonard and Andre Drummond in the later rounds.

EDIT: as well as Markieff Morris, showed great flashes last year, and Tristan Thompson.

No sleeping on Evan Turner this year, especially with Iggy gone. I also love drafting the rooks who I think will be most productive earlier than they technically should be drafted. Has never not paid off for me, though. Kyrie early last year, was great until injury. John Wall early the year before. Etc.

Last edited by skan72 : 10-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

These are the guys im keeping an eye on. Late-really late

Brook Lopez
Evan Turner
Darren Collison
Damian Lillard
Elton Brand
JaVale McGee
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Glen Davis
Chris Kaman
Omer Asik
Brandon Roy
Derrick Williams
Andre Drummond
Carl Landry
Robin Lopez
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeh008

Brook Lopez
Evan Turner
Darren Collison
Damian Lillard
Elton Brand
JaVale McGee
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Glen Davis
Chris Kaman
Omer Asik
Brandon Roy
Derrick Williams
Andre Drummond
Carl Landry
Robin Lopez

Half of those people aren't going to be around in late rounds.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeh008

Brook Lopez
Evan Turner
Darren Collison
Damian Lillard
Elton Brand
JaVale McGee
Kemba Walker
Jose Calderon
Glen Davis
Chris Kaman
Omer Asik
Brandon Roy
Derrick Williams
Andre Drummond
Carl Landry
Robin Lopez

youd have to be playing in a 4 team league or with idiots for some of those to be late picks
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

Its more of a list of guys i think are going ranked alot lower then they should be. Most of them are 100+ rank so they will be guys on your bench in a medium size league.

And lopez is a steal with a 80ish rank
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #7
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far

bryon mullens, getting plenty of early run. shooting 3's blocking shots, good ft
patrick patterson (sp?) likely starter, can make jumpers and throw it down.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
CelticsDraftee
Wow, you're tall

CelticsDraftee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyboy34
patrick patterson (sp?) likely starter, can make jumpers and throw it down.

CelticsDraftee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: