Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Default Is Tyrann Mathieu going to be a victim of Clarett's Syndrome?

Not getting back on the team after this one.

I don't know how bad the NFL wanted him before but the year without football hurts. He still has some eligibility and can go to a new school but getting arrested for the same stupid issue that got him kicked off the team has to look bad to the League.

Note: I don't think smoking pot makes him a bad person but his inability to keep his nose clean when he needs to be on his behavior would bug me if I was running a team.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Is Tyrann Mathieu going to be a victim of Clarett's Syndrome?

Jenkins got kicked off Florida, went to a new school for a year and came out as a second rounder. If he was clean all through out he was probably top 15 no questions asked.

Using that as a guideline, and if the honey badger takes a simiilar path by going to a new school next year and coming out for the 2014 draft....3rd rounder seems logical.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Jenkins got kicked off Florida, went to a new school for a year and came out as a second rounder. If he was clean all through out he was probably top 15 no questions asked.

Using that as a guideline, and if the honey badger takes a simiilar path by going to a new school next year and coming out for the 2014 draft....3rd rounder seems logical.
Like you said, Jenkins was considered a top 10-15 pick before he got kicked out of Florida, Before all of this stuff happened, Mathieu was probably a 3rd rounder, now after all of this, he's bordering on undrafted territory. He's nowhere near the cover corner that Jenkins is. He's very small, and isn't a good cover corner. He's a very exciting player, and is dominant on special teams, but he's not a great NFL prospect. And with all of his issues, he'll be lucky to get drafted at this point.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

If he enters the draft this year he'll be lucky to get drafted.

If he goes back to school and demonstrates the ability he has shown on the field and keeps his nose clean, he's a 3rd rounder, possibly 4th if he doesn't do well at the combine.

He was a early 2nd rounder, IMO, a top 40 pick if he was clean off the field. Lots of people felt that way. Under those guidelines that I just put out where he goes back to school and keeps clean, he's an 80-100 range pick, IMO.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

Tyrann gives a bad name to weed smokers everywhere. It was never that serious.
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

He's not a CB, he's a FS in the NFL. Any team putting him at CB is retarded.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I'm still pretty amazed that Maurice Clarett didn't make it in the NFL when I think about it. I've seen A LOT of NFL players come through the ranks in high school football in Ohio... A lot of really great players... From Charles Woodson and Robert Smith to Desmond Howard and Ben Roethlisberger to London Fletcher and Nick Mangold. I could go on and on...

I'm not sure any of those guys seemed like as sure a thing as Clarett. He was simply a man amongst boys, even when he went against other guys that ended up with careers in the NFL.

Then, to explode at OSU his freshman year the way he did... It seemed like he was destined to end up in that Charles Woodson/Robert Smith/Cris Carter class of the Ohio guys to become stars in the NFL.

If you would have told me then that he would never play a down in the NFL, I wouldn't have believed you. Seriously, he is kind of a joke now, but if you guys could have seen him when he was completely on top of his game...

Size, speed, power, moves... Phenomenal.

Here is some of his high school film. Keep in mind he went to Warren G. Harding High School, which plays some of the very best teams in the country... Not just Ohio, but the whole nation. There are other NFL players on the field with him in these highlights. Hell, he had future NFL players Mario Manningham and Prescott Burgess on his own team and he stood way above both.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-27-2012 at 09:05 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: