Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fashion Experts: Need Suit combo Quick!

Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
Keith
old school new school

Keith has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapallaz
Some rules.

1. Don't look at Americans, look at English/Italians wearing suits. Tailored stuff, no oversized pants please.

2. It's your friends wedding, not yours. Your day will come so don't try to be in the spotlight. Be classy but sophisticated.

3. No pleated pants. Really. I see a lot of Americans still wearing pleated pants. Don't do it. They make you look like you've borrowed Yao's pants.

4. A lower rise is a better look, wear your pants on the hips, not on your bellybutton.

5. No cuffing on your pants. Really. Don't, it's 2012.

6. Make sure your top fits. It might feel a bit too small, but that's supposed to feel a bit tight. Just make sure it doesnt wrinkle at the shoulders.

7. Get tailored or get a tailored look. It's a good look. Americans like to add one size to everything they buy. Don't.

8. Don't wear sneakers. It's not funny.

9. 3 inches width is the way to go for your tie.

10. Match your socks with your suit. You can look sharp untill a sock shows and it'll be all for naugth. Match your belt with your shoes. And match your shoes with good taste.

11. It's summer. Some says it's a rule you always wear an undershirt. Don't. You'll sweat more and it shows just as much. If you sweat much normally, try Nu Skin Antiperspirant instead of Deodorant and dont drink coffee prior to the wedding.

12. Wear your shirt as you do your suit: fitted, and if possible, tailored.

13. Buy a 2 button suit.

14. Get a haircut, get a slight tan and shave the evening prior to the wedding. You'll look as sharp as possible in a good suit, but you need to fix yourself as well.

15.get cufflings (of course a shirt that needs cufflings)

16. black shoes

Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
15.get cufflings (of course a shirt that needs cufflings)

16. black shoes

brown shoes > black shoes
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
Keith
old school new school

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Ok, after some careful thought and closet digging...I have decided to go:

Charcoal suit, black slim fitted BR Poplin shirt, black tie with small silver dots.

Like I said, it's a 3 button suit, something that I am growing out of....so it was hard to make the suit look good.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Balla_Status
brown shoes > black shoes

Black shirt, black tie...brown shoes?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #20
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Black shirt, black tie...brown shoes?
Brown makes it look a little more dressy and a little less...workplacey.

IMO anyways.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All that black with brown is a pretty big fashion no.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
All that black with brown is a pretty big fashion no.

Not in a charcoal grey suit though.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
Keith
old school new school

Op how'd it go? Did you get lucky?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #24
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

god forbid I ever have a day where Hawker is giving me fashion tips
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
god forbid I ever have a day where Hawker is giving me fashion tips

I charge $10 per tip. I dress pretty well now...especially since I can afford it.

Plus, I wouldn't really keep up with fashion. Wear something that's classic...something that would've looked good 50 years ago or will still look good 50 years from now.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 10-28-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #26
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You don't need tons of money to dress well, you crack me up.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

my go to combo: sand suit, with jade green tie and green gators to match
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #28
Balla_Status

Quote:

It definitely helps. Better quality suits tend to cost a little more...same with jeans where some have better quality denim (will give more wears).

Anyways, I saw a pic where you were wearing a tie with a goofy looking shirt...come on bro.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #29
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

A well-tailored suit definitely isn't cheap tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #30
RaininTwos
Betrayed

It definitely does help, I won't disagree with that at all. Especially in terms of suits. Outside of formal wear, eh....some of the best dressed people I know alter things they get from the thrift store and make it work.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: