Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

Default Lakers waive Goudelock

First of all, let me offer my condolences to DKLaker. I know that you felt he was the next Kobe Bryant but apparently Lakers management didn't see it that way.

Either way, our roster now stands at 15 with DJO and Sacre being the only two players without guaranteed roster spots. I really hope we sign them both. Mike Brown is a defensive coach, and that is where these guys can help this team out, possibly even this year.

I love DJO's toughness and athleticism, and think he could really become someone that gives guys like CP3 and Westbrook fits. There isn't much to say about Sacre. He has proven he can play at this level already in the preseason.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Default Re: Lakers waive Goudelock

I like Sacre. Dude looked solid.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
First of all, let me offer my condolences to DKLaker. I know that you felt he was the next Kobe Bryant but apparently Lakers management didn't see it that way.

Either way, our roster now stands at 15 with DJO and Sacre being the only two players without guaranteed roster spots. I really hope we sign them both. Mike Brown is a defensive coach, and that is where these guys can help this team out, possibly even this year.

I love DJO's toughness and athleticism, and think he could really become someone that gives guys like CP3 and Westbrook fits. There isn't much to say about Sacre. He has proven he can play at this level already in the preseason.

Thanks kk
For some reason, Brown didn't like him. Even after he proved himself last year Brown benched him. We all know that a terrible coach makes terrible decisions. I hope he gets picked up and does very well. As for Brown....I suspect he'll get cut before 3 months are gone in the season.

Sacre is the very obvious standout, it's a no brainer.......then again the idiot coach has no brain so.......
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Thanks kk
For some reason, Brown didn't like him. Even after he proved himself last year Brown benched him. We all know that a terrible coach makes terrible decisions. I hope he gets picked up and does very well. As for Brown....I suspect he'll get cut before 3 months are gone in the season.

Sacre is the very obvious standout, it's a no brainer.......then again the idiot coach has no brain so.......

BOOM!!!!!!
Had to bump this thread
Old 05-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Going back in time just a few weeks here.

Do you think that the two games by Goudelock were legitimate games that he scored well in? They were 2 playoff games. But did San Antonio treat the game like it was legit? Or were they just playing for fun? Did Goudelock put up a fight against the right type of competition to be considered an NBA level player?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Going back in time just a few weeks here.

Do you think that the two games by Goudelock were legitimate games that he scored well in? They were 2 playoff games. But did San Antonio treat the game like it was legit? Or were they just playing for fun? Did Goudelock put up a fight against the right type of competition to be considered an NBA level player?

He played very well in his rookie season, that alone was proof enough for me.
Not getting along with Mike the idiot Brown, is why he was cut.
He responded by winning the NBDL MVP award.....more proof.
If you actually think that Coach Pop didn't take those playoff games seriously then you don't know a damn thing about him or how he coaches.
So, bottom line is that Goudelock is a legit NBA player.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
He played very well in his rookie season, that alone was proof enough for me.
Not getting along with Mike the idiot Brown, is why he was cut.
He responded by winning the NBDL MVP award.....more proof.
If you actually think that Coach Pop didn't take those playoff games seriously then you don't know a damn thing about him or how he coaches.
So, bottom line is that Goudelock is a legit NBA player.

I wonder if there's room to keep him on the team for this season with Kobe's return being questionable. For a sophomore with very minimal experience, he demonstrated a lot of poise and patience.

The lakers front office made some decisions that I am sure they learned from greatly. They went from hiring and firing the most defensive minded (and non-existent offensively oriented) coach, to hiring the most offensive minded coach. Both ideologies failed. And whats more is that these coaches each made decisions that cost us losing certain players (i.e. mike brown with goudelock).

Funny thing is Phil Jackson's offense wasn't the best, neither was his defense. He got his teams to play defense in crucial spurts late in games, and the offense was good enough for everyone to share and contribute.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
I wonder if there's room to keep him on the team for this season with Kobe's return being questionable. For a sophomore with very minimal experience, he demonstrated a lot of poise and patience.

The lakers front office made some decisions that I am sure they learned from greatly. They went from hiring and firing the most defensive minded (and non-existent offensively oriented) coach, to hiring the most offensive minded coach. Both ideologies failed. And whats more is that these coaches each made decisions that cost us losing certain players (i.e. mike brown with goudelock).

Funny thing is Phil Jackson's offense wasn't the best, neither was his defense. He got his teams to play defense in crucial spurts late in games, and the offense was good enough for everyone to share and contribute.

I don't understand what you mean about room to keep Goudelock on the team this year? Please explain.
As long as 'Antoni is coach, we have no chance to win a title....NO CHANCE.
Jimmy Buss is a major hindrance to our chances as well, he has absolutely no idea what he's doing.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean about room to keep Goudelock on the team this year? Please explain.
As long as 'Antoni is coach, we have no chance to win a title....NO CHANCE.
Jimmy Buss is a major hindrance to our chances as well, he has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

I agree with you that D'Antoni shouldn't be kept here long term. I just can't side with you on this Jim Buss thing.

Why don't we compile a list of positives and negatives of Jim Buss so far? You go first.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
I agree with you that D'Antoni shouldn't be kept here long term. I just can't side with you on this Jim Buss thing.

Why don't we compile a list of positives and negatives of Jim Buss so far? You go first.

I can't say too much....but trust me, I know more than enough about the Buss family.

Positive: He has the money to spend. He seems willing to spend it.

Negative: He knows 1/100,000,000th about basketball that Donald Sterling does.
Yet he thinks he's a genius
Daddy is not around to advise and correct his blunders.
He will never take any form of scouting seriously.
He still thinks anyone can coach.

This is the absolute least valid topic to debate on.....it is what it is and we are stuck with Jimmy. If anyone doesn't know this guy is a moron by now.....it won't take long before they will.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I can't say too much....but trust me, I know more than enough about the Buss family.

Positive: He has the money to spend. He seems willing to spend it.

Negative: He knows 1/100,000,000th about basketball that Donald Sterling does.
Yet he thinks he's a genius
Daddy is not around to advise and correct his blunders.
He will never take any form of scouting seriously.
He still thinks anyone can coach.

This is the absolute least valid topic to debate on.....it is what it is and we are stuck with Jimmy. If anyone doesn't know this guy is a moron by now.....it won't take long before they will.

Okay so there is one part I can agree with and that has been the hired coaches. He hired two coaches, both of each extreme, and they have both not been successful (although the 28-12 record should not be overlooked).

But lets look at the player transactions. When he drafted Andrew Bynum, nobody knew who Bynum was. They got Cap to come in and show him the ropes a bit, and when he was healthy he was dominating. So in a way, you could say that he saw something in Bynum nobody else saw. When that started losing its flavor, he traded him for Dwight with the help of our genius GM of course, and allowed mitch to build a team that was more than capable to win.
He also approved the TWC deal that will give the lakers 4 billion dollars.

Don't you think there is some potential in him to continue the legacy of the late, Dr. Buss?

You never know, he might let Mitch hire the next coach.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Okay so there is one part I can agree with and that has been the hired coaches. He hired two coaches, both of each extreme, and they have both not been successful (although the 28-12 record should not be overlooked).

But lets look at the player transactions. When he drafted Andrew Bynum, nobody knew who Bynum was. They got Cap to come in and show him the ropes a bit, and when he was healthy he was dominating. So in a way, you could say that he saw something in Bynum nobody else saw. When that started losing its flavor, he traded him for Dwight with the help of our genius GM of course, and allowed mitch to build a team that was more than capable to win.
He also approved the TWC deal that will give the lakers 4 billion dollars.

Don't you think there is some potential in him to continue the legacy of the late, Dr. Buss?

You never know, he might let Mitch hire the next coach.

Nobody knew who Bynum was??? And what exactly has Bynum accomplished in the NBA??? I said it then and will say it now, Danny Granger should've been drafted with that pick, and yes, Granger has had the better career.
Jimmy couldn't make an intelligent basketball move without Mitch telling him what to do, he is the biggest buffoon of the Buss family, he doesn't know a damn thing, and I'm serious when I say he knows less than Sterling. He's a complete dumbass. Jeanie is the only Buss remaining who knows basketball.

TWC deal......really??? So you think he masterminded the deal......LMFAO.
If I walked up to you and said, here sign this, I want to televise your games, I'll pay you 4 billion dollars......how much thought process goes into it?
Less thought than buying a Powerball ticket

You are looking for anything to credit the guy...lol.
How about crediting him for every 3 pointer Metta makes.....or......lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #13
bladefd
Good college starter

Honestly, I don't think Jimmy Buss is bad at making business decisions. He should switch with Jeannie Buss. Let him make the business decisions and let Jeannie Buss make basketball decisions alongside Mitch Kupchuk as the right-hand man. I don't trust Jeannie alone for basketball decisions - gotta be with Mitch and the head scout/coaching staff all involved.

Jimmy has clearly been an issue lately - too many bad coaching decisions in a row and other egoistic things he has done. Let him stick to business where he can't say "I want to win my way and my way only."

*fixed lol

Last edited by bladefd : 06-05-2013 at 03:54 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Honestly, I don't think Mitch is bad at making business decisions. He should switch with Jeannie Buss. Let him make the business decisions and let Jeannie Buss make basketball decisions alongside Mitch Kupchuk as the right-hand man. I don't trust Jeannie alone for basketball decisions - gotta be with Mitch and the head scout/coaching staff all involved.

Mitch has clearly been an issue lately - too many bad coaching decisions in a row and other egoistic things he has done. Let him stick to business where he can't say "I want to win my way and my way only."

(You mean Jimmy right?)

Uh.....do you realize that our Scouting department is run by Jesse Buss who knows far less about basketball than the worst poster on the main board?
Bad idea to get them involved in getting players.

One reason I was glad we traded away our picks, they would've been wasted with ignorance. The Lakers don't put money into scouting and don't care, we are the complete opposite of the Spurs on that subject.

Really.....would you want 'Antoni making decisions on players even though we all know he'll be fired this season like Brown was? That would be gasoline on the fire.

I would trust Jeanie and Mitch to handle things when it comes to coaches and players. I would like to see what's his face.....Jeanie's man involved in things too...lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
bladefd
Good college starter

err woops I meant Jimmy Buss.

Last edited by bladefd : 06-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: